When are Move Up offers sent out?

jsf

• 2 weeks later...
I am wondering when we might be offered a Move Up, we are on a Apr. 2019 cruise that seems to be very slow selling cabins. I have a B2 cabin and might be interested in upgrading for a good price.

Just as one more data point, our cruise sails October 19. We received a Move Up email today. So 41 days in this case. This is on a cruise completely sold out in all categories as of today, although they may have pulled remaining inventory. But it has been off again, on again sold out for several months. So this has to be purely a ploy to deal with last minute cancellations.

Tom & Judy

Just as one more data point, our cruise sails October 19. We received a Move Up email today. So 41 days in this case. This is on a cruise completely sold out in all categories as of today, although they may have pulled remaining inventory. But it has been off again, on again sold out for several months. So this has to be purely a ploy to deal with last minute cancellations.

Tom & Judy

In the case of the Move Up offer we got Suites & AQ were sold out. We were in AQ and had the opportunity to bid on Suites, those in CC & verandas could bid in CC, AQ & suites. As it turned out there was a last minute cancellation of 2 suites so at a minimum 2 cabins moved up generating more $ for X. More likely 6+ cabins moved up. IMHO not a ploy just a great way to maximize revenue and the winning bidders are happy having got, for them, a good deal.

In the case of the Move Up offer we got Suites & AQ were sold out. We were in AQ and had the opportunity to bid on Suites, those in CC & verandas could bid in CC, AQ & suites. As it turned out there was a last minute cancellation of 2 suites so at a minimum 2 cabins moved up generating more $ for X. More likely 6+ cabins moved up. IMHO not a ploy just a great way to maximize revenue and the winning bidders are happy having got, for them, a good deal.

Very logical explanation with a good example. I think you are correct.

I think the bids on the original email were too low. We all got a corrected one a few days later. I found the lowest (weakest) bid to be higher than the guarantee price on our sailing. One week before sailing there are more than 60 cabins available in Concierge and higher. They went poof about an hour later. Only a few insides and o/v left. Totally weird.

• 2 weeks later...
If there are cabins still available a few days before the cruise, does anyone get upgraded for no additional cost? If so, do they contact you directly? Sorry if that is a silly question, but I’m not familiar with upgrades.��

Highly unlikely. It is possible if someone books a guarantee they may be assigned a higher category. This rarely happens with Celebrity, but, not impossible. If you think you may like a higher category cabin keep an eye on the website and perhaps the price will drop and you can upgrade yourself. I am including the Move UP FAQ

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade/celebrity-moveup-faqs

If there are cabins still available a few days before the cruise, does anyone get upgraded for no additional cost? If so, do they contact you directly? Sorry if that is a silly question, but I’m not familiar with upgrades.��

It happened to us last year. A nice upgrade to a CS and we didn't learn about it until we were at the check-in counter.

We recieved a move up offer about a month ago for our Sep 24 Infinity cruise. We had a deck 3 ocean view. I made bids for veranda, conceierge, Aqua, and family veranda. I low balled all of them. Last weekend I got three emails declining my offers. I forgot I had a fourth bid. Got charged and emailed the we got an Aqua. Good cabin location too.

What are some of the lowest amounts you can bid on Aqua and suites? We already have a nice veranda room on Reflection deck 8 in a good location (on the hump, mid-ship, near stairs and elevator). Aqua or the suites seem worth paying extra. Not sure I'd pay extra for concierge - doesn't seem like anything extra except room location.

At no additional charge?

Not a penny more. Believe me, it was a complete surprise

Over the years both celebrity and princess have been extremely good to us when it came to guarantee cabin assignments and and move ups Cunard, too, for that matter.