Aqua Suite vs Concierge Cabin

karena1

We had a Concierge Cabin and today I was able to move to an Aqua 1 Suite for the same price. Other than Blu, what are the advantages? We are not spa people so that doesn't matter. So hoping I made the right choice to move up. Can someone tell me what we will get vs what I was going to get in the Concierge 2 cabin?

Thanks

Essentially, you get Blu which is a "dine when you want" restaurant with more personalized service for breakfast and dinner. There is some value in that... Aqua cabins are exactly the same size as concierge cabins....the balcony size can vary. We've travelled both. If you are booking an S-class ship compare the A1/2 cabin price to the 1A cabin. We generally book 1A's because of their larger balcony. We give up little...the difference between concierge and a regular balcony is quite small....yes, you get an embarkation light lunch when you get on the ship...you get a better/thicker robe..some canapes in the afternoon...but nothing we miss.

There are no Aqua Suites, a few years ago there were a couple of ships with Suites that were classified as Aqua Suites but to my knowledge those have been reclassified as Sky Suites.

For most the main reason to book Aqua Class is it has Blu as your assigned dining room where Conceigre has the MDR as the assigned dining room. Access to the the Persian Garden/Spa is something many value, like you not of interest to us. AQ has a different shower with jets and a fog less mirror in the bath.

Other than those, the other things are much the same: Carbin size & decor, footstools on veranda, priority check-in, afternoon canapés, bottle of sparkling wine, 5 Capt club pts per night. Conceigre Class does offer lunch in the MDR on embarkation day & a dedicated Conceigre,

We sail in AQ for Blu.

Aqua class is not a suite, it does not get suite amenities however you will receive all the benefits of Concierge cabins except for the Concierge lunch upon embarkation. Blu is the big advantage and well worth it, almost like eating in a Specialty restaurant every night. The spa items are not a big deal so don’t worry. You made a great move.

Yes the old Aqua Suites were changed to S1 Sky Suites. They are only on Reflections. In the old Aqua Suites you get the shower wall like in Aqua, but in your tub.

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling

Karena, what ship are you on that they told you that you were getting an AQ SUITE - not so. If you are happy with a cabin virtually the same size as Concierge, but with shower doors instead of a shower curtain, and having access to the Persian Gardens (what ship??? that is important), but the biggest perk is Blu.

While I have no issues with the actual food in the MDR I do have issues with the noise level -- and I don't have hearing issues. But Blu (and also Luminae) are so wonderful due to the lower level of noise and higher staffing levels. I think the OP did well to move to an Aqua stateroom for the same price as the stateroom they had originally booked.

• 3 weeks later...

I totally agree. We have been in Aqua Class a few times, and the ambiance in Blu is so much quieter and upscale than MDR, and the food in Blu is wonderful. Plus it’s nice to have bottled water and iced tea in your cabin every day at no charge. Try using the Persian Garden. DH and I have found it very relaxing. And I know many people don’t care for the hors d’oeuvres in the evening, but we asked for cheese and crackers sometimes and boiled shrimp sometimes instead and they honored our request. It was good. You will be so glad you opted for Aqua Class. Have fun!

I totally agree. We have been in Aqua Class a few times, and the ambiance in Blu is so much quieter and upscale than MDR, and the food in Blu is wonderful. Plus it’s nice to have bottled water and iced tea in your cabin every day at no charge. Try using the Persian Garden. DH and I have found it very relaxing. And I know many people don’t care for the hors d’oeuvres in the evening, but we asked for cheese and crackers sometimes and boiled shrimp sometimes instead and they honored our request. It was good. You will be so glad you opted for Aqua Class. Have fun!

Daily free bottled water is no longer an AQ amenity.

This is going to be a contentious opinion because the Aqua class loyalists tend to defend their territory fiercely, but I do not consider Blu to be a major upgrade from the MDR. It is basically healthier versions of resort-style fare. There is the benefit of your meal coming from a smaller scale kitchen, so it isn't quite as subject to the banquet service downfalls. I still don't consider it to be near the upgrade that Luminae is.

Since you are not spa people I am not sure how much value you will get out of this upgrade, though I do highly recommend you give the spa amenities a go since you have pretty much unlimited access.

We thoroughly loved aqua class primarily because of Blu. The service is much more personalized and attentive and special requests were much more easily accommodated. The breakfasts in Blu were lovely with the wonderful views, and when DH and I travel just the two of us, it's much more pleasant to sit down together and be served rather than go to the buffet and fetch our breakfasts one at a time while the other saves a table. FWIW, the "dedicated concierge" will help anyone on the ship, so that feature of concierge class is really not a big deal. Other than the embarkation lunch for concierge class in the MDR, you get everything from concierge class and more in aqua class. If the cost is the same, or a small difference the choice for us is a "no-brainer."

We liked Blu! over MDR simply because it was quieter, the menu more to our liking and the staff more accommodating. On NCL my wife swore every single meal from every single restaurant, those included in the base fare and those not were all serviced by the same kitchen. At times, I agreed with her but our single experience on the Summit felt as though Blu! was a stand alone restaurant until something snaps you back to reality like a gelatin based zabaglione dessert. If cruising has taught us anything, its that breakfast and desserts are the cruise industries culinary Achilles heal.