Blue Kay

pathi

OK thank you! So I just take the Taxi to Blue Kay (sounds like they drop off right there now) and just plan to spend the day there for free (or $5 PP) as long as I buy some food/drink. Just want to make sure I have this right in my notes.

Just back from costa maya went to blue kay after reading reviews on here, (thank you mitsigirly and others) took a cab from just outside port gates $2 each dropped us off right outside their reception not on the road, walked onto the beach found some wooden loungers we liked plenty of choice and sat down, after a couple of mins one of the servers found us and introduced herself we ordered 4 cokes $2.50 each and paid $2 each for the padded loungers which were very nice. Bought another couple of drinks throughout the day, we thought it was very laid back best part of the beach and had fairly good snorkelling just from the beach, when we had enough sun we left our stuff there and went for a walk along the malecon to see the other bars and shops, there were some nice bars and restaurants but the beds were very tight together and not a lot of beach space, definitely made the right choice in blue kay

• Like 1

Just back from costa maya went to blue kay after reading reviews on here, (thank you mitsigirly and others) took a cab from just outside port gates $2 each dropped us off right outside their reception not on the road, walked onto the beach found some wooden loungers we liked plenty of choice and sat down, after a couple of mins one of the servers found us and introduced herself we ordered 4 cokes $2.50 each and paid $2 each for the padded loungers which were very nice. Bought another couple of drinks throughout the day, we thought it was very laid back best part of the beach and had fairly good snorkelling just from the beach, when we had enough sun we left our stuff there and went for a walk along the malecon to see the other bars and shops, there were some nice bars and restaurants but the beds were very tight together and not a lot of beach space, definitely made the right choice in blue kay

So you weren’t asked to pay the $5 entrance charge?

Everything is negotiable in Mexico. :-) I have never paid a entrance fee, some may refuse so just move on to the next beach club.

At $5 including "free drink" it's not like its a deal breaker and can always be adjusted with tips, or pesos, or whatever suits you. I just find it interesting that it seems to vary from day to day, perhaps from server to server?

It would probably be better for their reputation if they were consistent.

At $5 including "free drink" it's not like its a deal breaker and can always be adjusted with tips, or pesos, or whatever suits you. I just find it interesting that it seems to vary from day to day, perhaps from server to server?

It would probably be better for their reputation if they were consistent.

My info is for new cruisers who most likely over pay for goods and services. Five dollars here five dollars there, it adds up over the length of a cruise.

My info is for new cruisers who most likely over pay for goods and services. Five dollars here five dollars there, it adds up over the length of a cruise.

I agree, it’s worth a warning.

I just wish Blue Kay would be more consistent. They are a new business trying to gain customers and I don’t think charging some, and not charging others, does them any favors.

Glad to hear you had a great time there. Also glad to see an actual report on the loungers and pads. Some have mentioned they had pads, but no confirmation. :) We are headed back to Costa Maya and I'm trying to figure out if we want to return here or try something new.

Thanks for the great info!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are taxis readily available in the area for your return trip back to the ship?

No. They do not sit outside Blue Kay and wait for people to leave. But all you have to do is tell your server or the front desk you are ready to go back to the port and they'll call for a taxi. Usually arrives within 5-10 minutes. No worries. :)

No. They do not sit outside Blue Kay and wait for people to leave. But all you have to do is tell your server or the front desk you are ready to go back to the port and they'll call for a taxi. Usually arrives within 5-10 minutes. No worries. :)[/quote

Ok great! Thank you!

Good info. We went to Tropicante last time and probably will try Blue Kay in February.

How did you like Tropicante? We are booked for that for our Thanksgiving week cruise in a few weeks. I went back and forth between them and Blue Kay and ended up settling on Tropicante.

How did you like Tropicante? We are booked for that for our Thanksgiving week cruise in a few weeks. I went back and forth between them and Blue Kay and ended up settling on Tropicante.

Tropicante was fine. He did pre-reserve spots for us. I'm wondering if that might be an issue at Blue Kay considering the day we are there has the more cruisers in port that day than any day in Feb. I remember a lot of sea grass and it wasn't a huge beach. We had a nice day, but nothing stand out.

I'm wondering if we should expect Blue Kay to be a little nicer? Can anyone who has been to both comment on that?

Tropicante was fine. He did pre-reserve spots for us. I'm wondering if that might be an issue at Blue Kay considering the day we are there has the more cruisers in port that day than any day in Feb. I remember a lot of sea grass and it wasn't a huge beach. We had a nice day, but nothing stand out.

I'm wondering if we should expect Blue Kay to be a little nicer? Can anyone who has been to both comment on that?

Blue Kay has the biggest area and beach on the Malecon. They are located right at the beginning and by the lighthouse and down. Their beach is pretty and very very long with plenty of space to spread out. There's also a lot of shade area if you like as well. There wasn't any seaweed the day we were there while there was at the other places on the malecon.

Check out my review on Blue Kay in my signature link. I find that most of the beach area's along the malecon are the same (like Tropicante and Nohoch Kay) as far as space and location (which is across the walkway), but service may vary of course. But it all looks about the same. Blue Kay is a little "different" to me as far as looks and location, even though it's on the malecon...it's a less traveled area since it's at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Blue Kay and had a great time. Just like the other posters said, $2pp cab ride from the port. (I wish you could get a cab inside the gates as it was a little bit of a hike to the cab station with a toddler). I️t was pretty dirty and bumpy outside the gates.

Cab driver dropped us off right at the office for Blue Kay. Nobody said anything to us so we just walked through and found some Loungers under a tree by the beach. I️t was pretty early when we got there. After a while a waiter came over and told us I️t was $7pp which included a wrist band, 1 drink and a cushion for the loungers. Not a bad deal. We ordered lunch there later as well. Wanted to walk down the strip a bit but I️t started to rain in the afternoon and we decided to just head back to the ship.

The only real problem we encountered was getting back to the ship. There were no cabs at Blue Kay. One of the waiters told us we needed to head farther down the beach to get one. (We didn’t really want to do this in the rain). A lady at a desk at the entrance tried to call for one but no one answered. Finally the waiter went out to the main street and flagged one down for us. $2pp back to the ship and they drop you off inside the gates this time which was nice. If you have any questions let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1