Dinner in Waikiki

VTSteerage

My wife and I will be arriving in Honolulu on Wednesday, Nov. 29 and staying at the Embassy Suites in Waikiki for three days before our POA cruise departing Saturday, Dec.2. We have already made most of our arrangements, but are looking for dinner recommendations for Thursday, Nov. 30. Has anyone been to the Ocean House Restaurant in the Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort? If so, how was it? We like that it is just a short walk from our hotel and is right on the beach, but would certainly consider other options nearby.

My wife and I will be arriving in Honolulu on Wednesday, Nov. 29 and staying at the Embassy Suites in Waikiki for three days before our POA cruise departing Saturday, Dec.2. We have already made most of our arrangements, but are looking for dinner recommendations for Thursday, Nov. 30. Has anyone been to the Ocean House Restaurant in the Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort? If so, how was it? We like that it is just a short walk from our hotel and is right on the beach, but would certainly consider other options nearby.

You may want to check out that according to their website, the restaurant's owners are retiring and closing the place. Their last day of operation will be September 30th.

We enjoyed our dinner at Duke's on Waikiki Beach. We reserved a table overlooking the beach at sunset, and it was so beautiful! The food and drinks were good and it was a wonderful way to celebrate our anniversary.

Thank you for the recommendation. We will look into it.

After some further

research, does anyone have any experience with the House Without a Key restaurant? It has terrific reviews. Thank you all in advance as always.

House Without a Key has a large lawn beachside with lovely views. From around 5:30, they have live Hawaiian music led by former Miss Hawaiis at the back of the lawn. It's a tourist favorite for cocktails and watching the sunset behind the performers. The lawn is set with chairs and very small tables suitable to hold appetizers, but not full meals. There used to be a huge Kiawe tree which shaded the lawn and contributed greatly to the ambiance, but I heard it was destroyed during the storm which came through in 2016, so I don't know the situation now if you come early when the sun is hot. There is a covered patio area where dinner is served, but we've only gone twice for cocktails and appetizers. Look for the reviews on Trip Advisor.

After some further research, does anyone have any experience with the House Without a Key restaurant? It has terrific reviews. Thank you all in advance as always.

Next door to House Without a Key is Orchids, which is also a wonderful setting for a special anniversary evening. Both venues are part of the beautiful Halekulani Hotel.

We also love Sarento's at the Top of the Ilikai. It is just under 1 mile from Embassy Suites over by the Hilton Hawaiian Village. We had incredible Diamond Head views from our booth.

http://www.sarentoswaikiki.com/

Next door to House Without a Key is Orchids, which is also a wonderful setting for a special anniversary evening. Both venues are part of the beautiful Halekulani Hotel.

We also love Sarento's at the Top of the Ilikai. It is just under 1 mile from Embassy Suites over by the Hilton Hawaiian Village. We had incredible Diamond Head views from our booth.

We ate at Orchids on Monday night. It was very good and you get all the entertainment of House Without a Key.

• 5 months later...

Just looked up Sarentos and they are closed too!

March 2018 - We loved House without a Key...beautiful setting, music and former Miss Hawaii hula dancer. Food was delicious! There is part of the tree still there behind stage...gorgeous! We also ate at Hula Grill and loved it too! Got there at 5:30 and had seat right at rail to watch band perform at Duke’s and beautiful sunset. You have to share some Hula pie...the best dessert!

Sent from my iPad using Forums