Cruising out of NYC - Staying in NJ - Will have a car

Heather1972

Hi all -

I have booked the Breakaway out of NYC for November 26. I plan to drive up to the area on November 25. I think the best plan would to find a hotel in NJ where I can park my car and then I would like to use PUBLIC transportation (no uber, no taxi, no prearranged rides that don't show up on time) to get to NYC at least Penn Station then I don't mind using a taxi to the port then the reverse going back. Suggestions on where to start looking?

Hi all -

I have booked the Breakaway out of NYC for November 26. I plan to drive up to the area on November 25. I think the best plan would to find a hotel in NJ where I can park my car and then I would like to use PUBLIC transportation (no uber, no taxi, no prearranged rides that don't show up on time) to get to NYC at least Penn Station then I don't mind using a taxi to the port then the reverse going back. Suggestions on where to start looking?

How many people?

I'm for parking near the aiport in Newark and using a free shuttle to get to the airport to get to public transportation. I'm just not that familiar with the area. I've only been in NJ once.

Trinityreservations.com - $163 tax included

Select "Newark Airport & Cruiseport" and look for the Ramada Plaza offering with 14 days parking for $163.

The hotel shuttle will drop you at the P4 Airtrain station and you will go to the Newark Airport Station to take NJ Transit to New York Penn Station for $13. http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainSchedulesFrom

Cab to the Cruiseport should be about $15 or less from the 8th Ave side of NY Penn Station.

Last time I took the breakaway.

I parked at Metropark ( NJ transit terminal ) it was $9 a day, it's a huge parking garage that is secured 24 hours with guards on duty. And it's covered

Took NJ transit express to Penn

From Penn, took cab to Terminal.

Good luck and have fun

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app