Currently on board Journey

English Tim

We too always add an extra tip on our included dining in Prime C for the following reasons.

!: It has never been requested but is merely a standard line on any notional bill. i.e. if you had ordered a non inclusive drink or bottle of wine it would have been on that also.

If we had ever had this solicitation we would certainly have reported it to Hotel director.

2: $10 is a nominal amount in context of total cruise cost per day..

3: Selfishly it guarantees best service next time.

Enjoy the saving if you do not feel that your servers do not deserve it.

Totally agree with 1 and 2.

Re reading English Tim's post it seems he is taking issue with the standard line.

As we often have different servers each night, indeed we actually like to have, we would never see a tip as securing something better next night - I think the crew are more professional than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I expect excellent service whenever I stay in a 4/5 star hotel or cruise ship.

If gratuities are stated as included, then great, if not I tip according to local custom.

I don’t believe in advance tipping or doing so to get something extra special next time.

There is a real danger that excessive tipping will lead to an expectancy rather than a pleasant surprise.

I have never ever seen expectancy on Azamara so don't worry about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I asked. Yes, he is currently on Quest until I think next March.

Phil

Thanks for checking Phil. Perhaps you will introduce me to Mariano next month. I have heard so much about him on these boards. I will have to buy a Lemon Drop Martini as I don't think it is on the included drink menu. :D

Denise

Thanks for checking Phil. Perhaps you will introduce me to Mariano next month. I have heard so much about him on these boards. I will have to buy a Lemon Drop Martini as I don't think it is on the included drink menu. :D

Denise

Will do Denise. He's a bit of a star, but many of them are. :)

Phil

Denise

I think that, if you ask nicely, they can make a Lemon Drop Martini with the included spirits....

I think that, if you ask nicely, they can make a Lemon Drop Martini with the included spirits....

They certainly would on Journey last month - ask nicely and explain you are happy with substitutes

Mariano will definitely make you a Lemon Drop Martini from the included spirits ....and it tastes just as good as the one you would pay for. 😉

Last night we had the LCV party and the leading fan was rewarded with bubbly.

Is anyone aware of any tangible reward for such loyalty, like upgrades?

We’ve had a brilliant cruise, with fantastic weather.

When we were lucky enough to get the most cruised award it was indeed the bubbly, with a signed photo of the ship and at the time Tiffany Azamara Cufflnks for me and Tiffany Azamara bracelet for my wife. I understand the gift has changed since then. Not aware of any upgrades, these are handled through the normal application process through the LCV team at Miami.

Last night we had the LCV party and the leading fan was rewarded with bubbly.

Is anyone aware of any tangible reward for such loyalty, like upgrades?

We’ve had a brilliant cruise, with fantastic weather.

All LCV members can seek tangible rewards by booking a future cruise onboard. In addition, you can apply for upgrades using the form on the Azamara website, upgrades are allocated by loyalty level.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

When we were lucky enough to get the most cruised award it was indeed the bubbly, with a signed photo of the ship and at the time Tiffany Azamara Cufflnks for me and Tiffany Azamara bracelet for my wife. I understand the gift has changed since then. Not aware of any upgrades, these are handled through the normal application process through the LCV team at Miami.

They change the gift yearly. Always from Tiffany's. i have the bracelet and passport holder plus pens. 2018 will bring another gift.

All LCV members can seek tangible rewards by booking a future cruise onboard. In addition, you can apply for upgrades using the form on the Azamara website, upgrades are allocated by loyalty level.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

Don’t forget the stainless steel bookmark once you pass 3000 days on Azamara.

Phil

Can I just say that on the last 3 Cruises we have been on upgrades seemed to have been randomly handed out and certainly not by loyalty level.

We spoke, on all 3 cruises to folks on their first Az cruise who had been upgraded.

In fact, our last Az was the LCV cruise in May and we were lucky enough to be seated on Larry Pimental’s table at the special lunch.....(he and Sandie were wonderful company) .... we did actually raise the subject of the upgrades with him. I would hope that he looked into it!

We have always applied for the upgrades and never minded not getting them until we learned of first time Az cruisers getting them.

Can I just say that on the last 3 Cruises we have been on upgrades seemed to have been randomly handed out and certainly not by loyalty level.

We spoke, on all 3 cruises to folks on their first Az cruise who had been upgraded.

In fact, our last Az was the LCV cruise in May and we were lucky enough to be seated on Larry Pimental’s table at the special lunch.....(he and Sandie were wonderful company) .... we did actually raise the subject of the upgrades with him. I would hope that he looked into it!

We have always applied for the upgrades and never minded not getting them until we learned of first time Az cruisers getting them.

Could be they reached a top tier LCV level cruising Celebrity only. On one cruise there was a couple who were LCV Platinum but on their first Azamara cruise.

Have to agree with Jolly Joyce , we have sailed 7 times on Azamara and 3 times Celebrity , on our 5th Azamara cruise we joined 2 seperate couples for dinner and they had both been upgraded , both first time Azamara and 1 had sailed once on Celebrity . The one couple had been upgraded to a continental suite and the other a balcony .

We normally sailed in a balcony stateroom but on this occasion had booked an ocean view , we became very good friends but they felt very embarrassed when they told us about their upgrades and said they felt it was most unfair .

We did not begrudge them their upgrades & we still keep in contact occasionally.

I did contact Nicole and explained we kept seeing Ist timers getting these upgrades and she asked me the date , ship of details of the Cruise I have mentioned . Her reply to me was it was for Business Reasons ???

Ann .

Funnily enough I was taking about the exact same thing to a friend at breakfast at the Sunset Bar today.

When the LCV upgrade program first started it seemed to work very well. I think as time has gone on and more and more people apply for that $398 upgrade it's become a bit unwieldy and to be frank a pain in the neck to manage. Someone is always going to get missed or be disappointed.

It worked well for me at the start, but I haven't been upgraded in a few cruises now. It doesn't really bother me. I tend to pick my cabin in a quiet spot and an upgrade might not be quite that. Balcony to suite for the extra perks is nice, but not if it's under a noisy part of the deck above.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
Your gain is our loss but possibly my liver will be grateful.

Have a great cruise on Quest

Thank you!

Disembarked yesterday and now the detox starts!

We had two wonderful cruises with excellent ports of call on both.

The AzAmazing evenings (Palma and Livorno) were truly amazing (as we expected).

We were so happy to see so many familiar, welcoming and friendly faces amongst the crew.

We had excellent weather for every port (though we were a little late docking in Palamos due to high winds).

Thank you!

Disembarked yesterday and now the detox starts!

We had two wonderful cruises with excellent ports of call on both.

The AzAmazing evenings (Palma and Livorno) were truly amazing (as we expected).

We were so happy to see so many familiar, welcoming and friendly faces amongst the crew.

We had excellent weather for every port (though we were a little late docking in Palamos due to high winds).

Glad you had such a good time on Quest.

I too loved the Azamazing Evening at Palma Cathedral. In fact it was my favourite until I experienced the wonderful concert in Ashdod, Israel two weeks ago.

We are very lucky to have the opportunity to enjoy these unique experiences.