Royal Princess Cabin E428 (Emerald Deck 8)

DChabira

My wife and I are booked on a 15-Day Transatlantic Cruise on the Royal Princess next year. We have reserved cabin E428 on the Emerald Deck which is Deck 8.

I’m looking for anyone who has stayed in this cabin, on this ship, not the Regal? I’d love to see some photos, or video?

The cabin is listed as “OBSTRUCTED VIEW” but I’ve read some posts from others saying it doesn’t have any obstructions. It has a larger than normal balcony, and some say the reason it’s listed as an “OBSTRUCTED VIEW” is the odd angle of the balcony?

I found a video on YOUTUBE of E429 which is the mirror image cabin on the opposite side of the ship, and I don’t see any obstructions?

Any help would be appreciated?

• 2 months later...

Not obstructed. Book it. Larger balcony. I have stayed in two of the rooms below, one on port side and one on starboard side. Lovely.

Below you there is an open public deck but almost nobody ever goes there. You could possibly hear talk but I have never noticed it.

On the starboard side, the sea walk juts out which allows views into the balconies, but the emerald deck is so far below, it's a non issue.

The following cabins on emerald deck have no obstructions

405--407--409--411--415--417--421--425--429

406--408--410--412--414--416--420--424--428

I have 2 cruises booked on the Royal. Cabin E424 Around The Horn and Cabin E425 Alaska.

I think you chose well, I stayed in E409 on the Regal on a previous cruise that was a Deluxe Obstructed Balcony and very similar to these (without the small couch)

I wouldn't be concerned about balcony view, it looks fine. What I might be considering is the stateroom's location via Deck 7 below it. This stateroom is right above Crooners. I am a VERY light sleeper and might this be a little noisy at night? Love the stateroom otherwise.

Pooh

• 4 years later...
5 hours ago, msumom2001 said:

How about E432 on Royal Princess?  Any obstruction?

From Royal’s E436 cabin & should be basically the same in E432…no obstruction looking out, looking down on open Promenade deck & looking aft at lifeboats.

image.thumb.jpeg.4b439c50c685e9959197de5223a0367c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dc970217ce3e184d3e2371fa879dccf1.jpeg

9C153516-DE1D-4C4E-BC00-F09BC2774CA5.jpeg