Deluxe Beverage and Ultimate Dining Combo Package?

djewell87

We are going on the liberty of the seas for our honeymoon. We are looking at the combo package. This is our second cruise but first with Royal Caribbean. We are wondering if this package is a good deal or not.

What is your cost?

I have the Deluxe Beverage and Ultimate Dining package booked for my November 5th Freedom cruise. I felt it was a pretty good deal. I've done the beverage package before and there are times where it's been worth it and times where I didn't drink enough to break even. I find that cruises with port intensive itineraries you tend to lose out with the drink package because you are off the ship. As far as the dining aspect I figured we need to eat at least 2 dinners in a specialty restaurant and a few lunches as well. One thing I don't like about the package so far is I can't book dining until I get on the ship, so it's first come first served in that aspect. All in all for me I think it's worth it because it gives me an all inclusive feel and I shouldn't have a big bill at the end of the trip.

If you would be buying a drink package anyhow, then it's not a bad deal. However, if you would normally not buy a drink package, then I think it's too expensive.

We didn't buy the alcohol package on our last cruise, but we brought our own and bought a soft drink package. We planned on getting the alcoholic drink package this trip either way. I was just weighing it out vs getting a drink package and paying for the premium restaurants out if pocket. I think we are going to get the package.

We didn't buy the alcohol package on our last cruise, but we brought our own and bought a soft drink package. We planned on getting the alcoholic drink package this trip either way. I was just weighing it out vs getting a drink package and paying for the premium restaurants out if pocket. I think we are going to get the package.

Makes sense.