Ft. Lauderdale Hotel b4 cruise

Hello, we are taking a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale next year and I’m looking for a reasonable hotel the day before. We have always stayed at the Embassy Suites, but I’m looking at prices and I just wanted to rent a room, not purchase the hotel. It was well over $300 just for the night and I saw others in the $100 range. Can anyone recommend one that offers breakfast and a shuttle to the pier. Thanks

A quick question about Springhill suites shuttle to the port. Was it well organized or is it worth it to take a taxi to the port.

We found it well organized. They had enough people going to Allure that they gave us a separate vehicle, so we didn't have to go to another ship first.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn cruise -airport 17th street.

Shuttle from the airport but we got a lyft from hotel to port.Really close.

Plenty of restaurants nearby but didn't get the chance as our flight was horribly delayed.

Friendly staff and a continental breakfast which was fine.

If you join the loyalty scheme it is slightly cheaper.

Fine for a one night stay.

We alays stay at the Hyatt Place. Free airport shuttle. Book it thru Valutrips.com for better prices. It is 5 minutes to the port. Restaurants next door and a supermarket mall just a couple of blocks away. Catch the Sun trolley down to the beach ...

There is only one place we stay most of the hotels are all outdated and old....we always stay at the Renaissance on 17th Street Causeway, right there close to the pier, walking distance to restaurants too and the hotel is updated nicely. Great lounge also for late night.

We booked Riverside Hotel right on Las Olas Blvd for our group. Cannot wait. Sailing in August and got a rate of $109 by calling hotel directly. Gets great reviews on TripAdvisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort I just got a pre-paid rate of $185. No shuttle, but a free continental breakfast. Great location. We also like the Doubletree Galleria One I have gotten large rooms with nice views for around $200. They do have a for fee shuttle and free breakfast buffet is hit or miss each time we have been there. Great mall across the street and plenty of reasonable to expensive food places close by.

It is true...a year ago we stayed at the Hilton Marina, although I must say I love the hotel as its on the waterway, great pools and tons of areas with chairs and a nice bar right on the water where they had live music during the weekends, but the room terribly outdated, needed paint job and grout to redone...the shower head was nice but it was old and had some rust on it.

Most of the smaller hotels in FLL are truly old and outdated, but there are some that have been renovated:

Marriott Harbor Beach, my favorite of all hotels in FLL but most expensive too

W Hotel & Residences FLL recently completed a major makeover, 55 million

Renaissance SW 17th Street at Port Everglades the one I stay in renovated last year

Conrad FLL Beach Resort expected to open in Fall this year

Plunge Beach Hotel Lauderdale by the Sea opened this year

Le Meridien Dania Beach at FLL Airport, formally Sheraton is undergoing a renovation

We found it well organized. They had enough people going to Allure that they gave us a separate vehicle, so we didn't have to go to another ship first.

Same experience with springhill Suites a few years ago. We have also stayed at Cambria but breakfast and shuttle to port not included. We just did Uber which was under $9 for the 3 of us. Shuttle from airport was included. I’ve also stayed at Hyatt Place after the cruise near embassy. Breakfast is included and airport shuttle.

Cambria Suites is brand new and there are 2 others right next door which hadn’t even opened when we were there in February, Hyatt Place is very well kept and not outdated at all.

The last two times we cruised out of FLL, We stayed at Best Western 1221 W State Rd 84, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315, USA. It was a clean quite hotel. It had a grocery store and liquor store and lots of fast food places and other places to eat with in a 5 min walk. Cheap cab ride to the port.

On my last four cruises out of Port Everglades/FLL we have stayed at the Quality Inn Cruiseport South, at I-95 and Stirling Rd.

Free shuttle to and from the pier and free parking during the cruise when booked through stay123.com.

It was around $160 the last time we stayed, which, when factoring in the cost of taxis and parking at the pier basically amounted to a free night's stay.

The hotel has a good, hot free breakfast as well.

We always stay at Extended Stay America on 17th Street. They pick us up at the airport when we call (free), they take us to the port at a time of our choosing ($4). Nice room, helpful staff, light breakfast, handy to lots of stores and restaurants and a view of the port.

We alays stay at the Hyatt Place. Free airport shuttle. Book it thru Valutrips.com for better prices. It is 5 minutes to the port. Restaurants next door and a supermarket mall just a couple of blocks away. Catch the Sun trolley down to the beach ...

This is what we did. Shuttle is included, don't let the driver talk you into paying. We also took a quick uber to the water taxi for a great day before. ValueTrips was a bit hokey but I called and confirm everything with the hotel so no worries in the end and I'd go through them again.

There is only one place we stay most of the hotels are all outdated and old....we always stay at the Renaissance on 17th Street Causeway, right there close to the pier, walking distance to restaurants too and the hotel is updated nicely. Great lounge also for late night.

We also stay at the Renaissance. The hotel is directly across from the pier Duffy's up the road is great for a casual dinner.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn cruise -airport 17th street.

Shuttle from the airport but we got a lyft from hotel to port.Really close.

Plenty of restaurants nearby but didn't get the chance as our flight was horribly delayed.

Friendly staff and a continental breakfast which was fine.

If you join the loyalty scheme it is slightly cheaper.

Fine for a one night stay.

If you are talking about the Holiday Inn Express on 17th this is usually our go to hotel but when we stayed there last December they were starting a large addition to the hotel. I'm not sure how long this construction is planed to take but anyone planning on staying there might want to check on the status of the addition before booking. We changed hotels when we cruised in March because of the construction.

Left out of Fort Lauderdale at least four times and have always stayed at Hyatt Place Convention Center. Rooms have always been booked through valuetrips and have we've never had a problem. I suggest booking at least two months in advance. Rooms are nice, clean, not outdated with friendly staff. A free full breakfast available daily that is tasty. Nicely located near nice restaurants, shopping near by. Last stay was in July this year. The shuttle was $7 pp but opted for lyft at 10 per ride to and/or from the pier (free parking for your car for the duration of your cruise). We'll use them again in March.

This is by far one of the cleanest, most resonable, and close to everything in a hotel.

http://www.valuetrips.com/