Dyea Dave lunch stop

shadowmeboy

I am trying to get a little more information on the stop Dyea Dave tours make for lunch. I know many of you have taken Dyea Dave’s emerald lake tour.

Where do the tours normally stop?

What is typically available?

I am assuming the items are priced in Canadian dollars, is the exchange rate fair if paying in Usd?

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Reading reviews on Trip Advisor, it looks like they stop at Chilkoot Trail Authentic Sourdough Bakery in Yukon, Canada.

Looks like sandwiches, soups, and baked goods - nothing fancy. No menu on the website, but a mention they are recommended by Dyea Dave Tours.

This is right on their website.

If you're arriving by cruise ship, there's no need to get any Canadian cash - we accept Visa and Mastercard.

I thought it was a perfectly acceptable place to eat - not fancy but it was neat and tidy. There are a few tables inside plus a patio with several more tables where we ate. I believe there was a choice of two different soups and they had some pre-made sandwiches (they had made) in a cooler. If this doesn't sound like something you'd want I'd stop in Skagway before leaving town to pick up something else. After eating we walked around town - the ladies at the visitor center will stamp your passport with a Carcross YT stamp. (When I drove over into Manitoba, south of Winnipeg, a few months later the border agent was looking at my passport; she asked "Where is Carcross YT???" She had never heard of it... Hmmm...)27397850400_468257b79c_b.jpg

It can depend on your driver where you stop. There are several places. The bakery was NOT run by the owners this year, but was subcontracted. about $12 for soup and sandwich. There is a cafe in the visitor center area, and the gas station cafe. All of these are close.

In the past US was not exchanged and only accepted at par. Credit cards are accepted at most - IF phone service etc is working- which is not a given in my case, with 1 visit this year. :)

It can depend on your driver where you stop. There are several places. The bakery was NOT run by the owners this year, but was subcontracted. about $12 for soup and sandwich. There is a cafe in the visitor center area, and the gas station cafe. All of these are close.

In the past US was not exchanged and only accepted at par. Credit cards are accepted at most - IF phone service etc is working- which is not a given in my case, with 1 visit this year. :)

Thanks Budget Queen! We were planning on having some CAD since we are starting in Vancouver.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums