Piano Player on the Journey

cruzluvers

I'm really looking forward to listening to the piano player.

I did two cruises on Ocean Princess, a similar ship to Journey, where the piano player on one really made the journey special for all passengers. He could play any request and acknowledged everyone by name.

Did anyone happen to watch World Ballet day recently? The piano players from all the ballet companies were superb talented musicians.

I'm really looking forward to listening to the piano player.

I did two cruises on Ocean Princess, a similar ship to Journey, where the piano player on one really made the journey special for all passengers. He could play any request and acknowledged everyone by name.

Did anyone happen to watch World Ballet day recently? The piano players from all the ballet companies were superb talented musicians.

Me too! I love a piano player and singer who chats and interacts as well as sings, and who gets to know you by the 3rd evening. Entertainment on Azamara is more low key as it’s a small ship and that’s what we like...

Counting down the days to embarkation...only a year to wait lol!

Me too! I love a piano player and singer who chats and interacts as well as sings, and who gets to know you by the 3rd evening. Entertainment on Azamara is more low key as it’s a small ship and that’s what we like...

Counting down the days to embarkation...only a year to wait lol!

We still miss Jim Badger who used to be on Quest playing and singing.

Not to everyone's taste but we really enjoyed his style.

We still miss Jim Badger who used to be on Quest playing and singing.

Not to everyone's taste but we really enjoyed his style.

Wow! We had the pleasure of Jim Badger on the NCL Pearl 3 yrs ago on a 37 night repositioning from Miami to Alaska. He was absolutely brilliant, loved his music and sense of humour, and left the ship great friends; although as you say he is not to everyone’s taste. He has left me with a love of the song “Piano Man” by Billy Joel :)

Wow! We had the pleasure of Jim Badger on the NCL Pearl 3 yrs ago on a 37 night repositioning from Miami to Alaska. He was absolutely brilliant, loved his music and sense of humour, and left the ship great friends; although as you say he is not to everyone’s taste. He has left me with a love of the song “Piano Man” by Billy Joel :)

I didn't know he was

still working on cruise ships.

We also loved his sense of humour, spent many a late night in mosaics listening to him.

Have you any idea what he is doing currently.

Edited by Bloodaxe

I didn't know he was

still working on cruise ships.

We also loved his sense of humour, spent many a late night in mosaics listening to him.

Have you any idea what he is doing currently.

He was still on the Pearl as at Sept 2016 (last year)

Not sure if he is still there now....

• 2 weeks later...

It very much depends on demand whether there is dancing to music by the ships orchestra in the cabaret lounge - it is not every night as some nights they are playing sets elsewhere or it is down time for them. Best thing if you would like it is to speak with the cruise director very early in the cruise and he will schedule it if at all possible - last months b2b they offered it one cruise but not the other.

There’s a disco in the Living Room after the show, and I think there is the opportunity for more formal dancing in the cabaret between the two shows.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Grandma. Hope to say Hi to you on Meet n Greet

Just to let everyone know that live music is "alive and kicking" on Journey at the moment. Ed is fantastic on the piano, Anton plays a moody guitar and last night part of the Journey band set up in Spirits Bar and played for a while.

There is something for all musical tastes onboard.

Our Azamazing Evening is in Jerusalem tonight and promises to be one of the more unusual ones. I will report back.

Just to let everyone know that live music is "alive and kicking" on Journey at the moment. Ed is fantastic on the piano, Anton plays a moody guitar and last night part of the Journey band set up in Spirits Bar and played for a while.

There is something for all musical tastes onboard.

Our Azamazing Evening is in Jerusalem tonight and promises to be one of the more unusual ones. I will report back.

Delighted to hear live music is alive and kicking on the Journey. I feel live music is food for the soul.

Enjoy your Azamazing evening in Jerusalem, which sounds like it will be a night to remember.

With Ed it’s always lively if the audience will respond to that otherwise more gentle - he’s great at judging the room right.

I’ve loved the jazz sessions in Spirits, again a really alive and kicking night with the orchestra, they have to do it around 9 as later sessions have annoyed any gamblers concentrating on cards.

I also enjoyed the night Ed moved up to the Living Room, another good development they mix up where the pianist and guitarist play on Journey. I like that.

There is indeed something for everyone - enjoy the Azamazing xx

Sent from my iPad using Forums