Dinner before Broadway Show

phillyguy31

We are going to a show the night before our cruise, most places I could take a educated guess on what time we should plan to make dinner reservations. NYC is a animal, our show starts at 8 and we plan on eating in the Times Square area at a middle of the road restaurant (for New York). Any suggestions? We don't want to have to run out of the restaurant.

We are going to a show the night before our cruise, most places I could take a educated guess on what time we should plan to make dinner reservations. NYC is a animal, our show starts at 8 and we plan on eating in the Times Square area at a middle of the road restaurant (for New York). Any suggestions? We don't want to have to run out of the restaurant.

First don’t worry. If you eat at a theater district restaurant if you tell them you are going to a show they’ll be sure to get you out of there on time. It depends what type of restaurant. You also figure the time to walk to theater and restrooms. The theater usually starts allowing you in 30 minutes before. I would eat at 6:00 if I wanted a leisurely meal, 6:30 if I wanted a quick bite. Plenty theater row restaurants use open table to make reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And make sure to beeline it to the bathroom at intermission.

I never do that unless it’s an absolute emergency. That’s why I go right before entering the theater. Then after the performance you can use restroom if necessary.

Thanks to everyone, my DW is interested in Bond 45. Any comments?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Never ate there so I checked Open Table. It states to make a 5:30 reservation for an 8:00 show due to heavy traffic in area. There are numerous good reviews.

I agree with others that Becco is a good choice - but it's rather expensive.

One of my favorites is the Hourglass Tavern (just a few doors down from Becco on W. 46th Street).

They have a nice pre-theater menu, the prices are good, and it's not a tourist trap. It's really tiny so if you choose it you must make a reservation.

Disagree on cost of Becco there daily special is always 3 types of pasta ( types change daily ) and they keep refilling it along with ceasar salad or antipasto for 25 dollars , and the large selection of wines for 29 dollars a bottle is really cheap for NYC, but agree with previous post loads of good restaurants on this block have eaten in at least 5 of them , block is called restaurant row . Joe Allen is fun place for drink also have seen several famous people in there

block is called restaurant row

West 46th Street between Eighth and Ninth Avenue is considered Restaurant Row which NYC actually named the street in 1973 has about 16 restaurants in one block.

Not recommending any but here is the official site which also has a layout: http://www.restaurantrownyc.com/

Mayor John Lindsay "Where else in the world, except possibly Paris, could you get 16 of the best restaurants collected in such a short strip of land?"

I agree with others that Becco is a good choice - but it's rather expensive.

One of my favorites is the Hourglass Tavern (just a few doors down from Becco on W. 46th Street).

They have a nice pre-theater menu, the prices are good, and it's not a tourist trap. It's really tiny so if you choose it you must make a reservation.

I agree with Hourglass Tavern, though the food is a different type then Beccos. Beccos is fine if you want some fresh pasta and reasonable priced wine with the special. The Tavern is just that. I love the brunch.

• 2 weeks later...

As a local, may I highly recommend Cara Mia on 9th Ave between 45-46th Street. caramianyc.com Carmine’s in Times Square is also great as is Virgil’s BBQ. Hourglass Tavern and Becca are good suggestions too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk