Is Gem the only ship left for itinerary changes?

djpk2003

My finale payment is coming up at the end of the month and I’m hoping I have a clue where we are going by then. I’m on the February 3rd cruise going to St. Thomas, p.R. , St. Martin and Tortola. All are in bad shape. They changed the Breakaway which had some of the same islands and leaves the day before so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some answers before end of the month.

My finale payment is coming up at the end of the month and I’m hoping I have a clue where we are going by then. I’m on the February 3rd cruise going to St. Thomas, p.R. , St. Martin and Tortola. All are in bad shape. They changed the Breakaway which had some of the same islands and leaves the day before so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some answers before end of the month.

I saw somewhere online that Carnival Cruise is planning to be in PR this week. That seems like good new.

Well you know the saying: no news is good news. Have you contacted your travel agent to see if she/he has heard anything or if they are booking cruises in the next few weeks that will be using SJ? I hope, for everyone sake they port is open, but with still no power to so many I can't imagine it would even be safe to embark or visit there yet. I am sure that is the hold up: is it a good gamble and safe for NCLs passengers to use SJ.

I saw somewhere online that Carnival Cruise is planning to be in PR this week. That seems like good new.

Carnival just canceled all cruises on Fascination from PR until mid January. They are housing FEMA relief workers on that ship until then. I'm sure the Feds are paying Carnival plenty for this service. Just like they did when 3 Carnival ships were in NO after Katrina..

I am on the Gem 3/2/18 and aside from the email three weeks ago about an update (and none coming) I have heard nothing. I guess some Gem passengers got an email yesterday or the day before asking for another week, but I haven't heard anything. So does that mean they are planning status quo for islands for cruises in the new year? Are we still waiting?

Communications would be nice...anything.

My TA had gotten my email from NCL, try checking with yours if u had one. I got the first email directly from NCL but this time they decided to do it differently for some reason. Just tells you to hold your breath for another week, for now...

I am on the Gem 3/2/18 and aside from the email three weeks ago about an update (and none coming) I have heard nothing. I guess some Gem passengers got an email yesterday or the day before asking for another week, but I haven't heard anything. So does that mean they are planning status quo for islands for cruises in the new year? Are we still waiting?

Communications would be nice...anything.

Cruise Port: San Juan

Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas resumed homeporting from San Juan on October 7. The vessel played a crucial role in aiding evacuations and delivering supplies. (Cruise Critic reported live from that sailing.)

According to the U.S. Coast Guard, the Port of San Juan is open and Carnival had confirmed a return to homeporting its cruise ship Carnival Fascination there, beginning October 15. However, due to humanitarian needs, the line has instead allowed FEMA to charter the ship until the end of January. In an October 9 statement the line said: "Our team's visit this past week confirmed the Old San Juan area is ready to receive tourists. Many shops and businesses have returned to their normal business operations with more opening up every day."

Hurricane Maria made landfall in Puerto Rico as a Category 4 storm on September 20 with winds of up to 155 mph, knocking out power to the entire island. Prior to Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rico served as a staging ground for evacuees from other islands affected by Hurricane Irma.

A September 26 letter to passengers on the October 28 Celebrity Summit sailing states "while several facilities in San Juan suffered significant damage, we remain confident that the airport and cruise terminals will be functional at the time of your sailing, and we continue to work closely with local officials to provide food, water, and generators to those in need

Before

Sun: At Sea

Mon: At Sea

Tue: At Sea

Wed: San Juan, PR (8-5)

Thu: St. Thomas (8-5)

Fri: St. Maarten (8-6)

Sat: Tortola (7-1)

After

Wed: St John's, Antigua (8-5)

Thu: St. Lucia (8-5)

Fri: St. Kitts (8-6)

Sat: St. Thomas (7-1)

If you look in the 10/31 roll call they have new ports as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Here's the new itinerary for the 10/31 Gem sailing:

Revised Itinerary:

Day Destination Arrive Depart

Tue New York City, New York, Us 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu At Sea

Fri At Sea

Sat Basseterre, Saint Kitts - Nevis 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Sun Castries, St.Lucia 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Mon Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Tue Fort-de-France, Martinique 7:00 am 1:00 pm

Wed St.thomas, US Virgin Islands 7:00 am 1:00 pm

Thu At Sea

Fri At Sea

Sat New York City, New York, Us 10:00 am

Before

Wed: San Juan, PR (8-5)

Thu: St. Thomas (8-5)

Fri: St. Maarten (8-6)

Sat: Tortola (7-1)

After

Wed: St John's, Antigua (8-5)

Thu: St. Lucia (8-5)

Fri: St. Kitts (8-6)

Sat: St. Thomas (7-1)

I'm also on this sailing. I haven't been notified of the change yet and when I log into my account on ncl.com the original itinerary is still listed.

How did you find out about the new itinerary?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm also on this sailing. I haven't been notified of the change yet and when I log into my account on ncl.com the original itinerary is still listed.

How did you find out about the new itinerary?

We received an email yesterday evening

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

So, pi$$ed off (3 1/2 weeks after being told we’d find out in two weeks) I called NCL since some on the Gem have received updates. And nasty phone woman basically said, well your cruise isn’t till Feb (a whole 113 days away!) so you might not hear until the end of the year. And threw in....’well, they’re probably waiting to see how the islands recover’. So, we get to sit in limbo through Christmas to see where NCL wishes to ship us? Maybe nowhere? I would rather go to St Lucia and St Kitts than islands with no power. What is going on here?

Here's the new itinerary for the 10/31 Gem sailing:

Revised Itinerary:

Day Destination Arrive Depart

Tue New York City, New York, Us 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu At Sea

Fri At Sea

Sat Basseterre, Saint Kitts - Nevis 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Sun Castries, St.Lucia 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Mon Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Tue Fort-de-France, Martinique 7:00 am 1:00 pm

Wed St.thomas, US Virgin Islands 7:00 am 1:00 pm

Thu At Sea

Fri At Sea

Sat New York City, New York, Us 10:00 am

Very nice itinerary. I wish they could stay in Martinique and St Thomas longer than 1:00 pm. All on board by 12:30 Means you really need to get back to pier by 12:15 the latest. Not a lot of time.

Very nice itinerary. I wish they could stay in Martinique and St Thomas longer than 1:00 pm. All on board by 12:30 Means you really need to get back to pier by 12:15 the latest. Not a lot of time.

I'm not on this cruise, but, in my opinion, any day that you depart at 1pm is for all intensive purposes, a sea day. Except for a quick tour of the island, or walking around the shops at the port, there isn't much you can do.

I wouldn't be happy with this itinerary "as is".

So, pi$$ed off (3 1/2 weeks after being told we’d find out in two weeks) I called NCL since some on the Gem have received updates. And nasty phone woman basically said, well your cruise isn’t till Feb (a whole 113 days away!) so you might not hear until the end of the year. And threw in....’well, they’re probably waiting to see how the islands recover’. So, we get to sit in limbo through Christmas to see where NCL wishes to ship us? Maybe nowhere? I would rather go to St Lucia and St Kitts than islands with no power. What is going on here?

I agree 100% . At least tell me I’m definitely going to the original islands so I can cancel before my final payment. I have no interest in going to islands that have been destroyed by the hurricane. I feel terrible for the people there but it’s not my idea of a vacation when people are struggling to survive and I’m sitting there having a drink on a beach that may or may not be ok to go in.

I got the same email through my Travel Agent. It may take a few days to reflect on the MyNCL webpage. At least this is a pretty good itinerary change, few places I haven't been to yet, I'm happy. Not so sure how St. Thomas will be looking but will find out soon!