Still On Harmony...Three Different Words

Sascol

FAR FEWER KIDS!

Second week of a B2B. Hard to say how many less kids but I'd guess maybe 1/3 fewer.

Still a lot more than we originally thought we'd see when we booked this. As many have said it is because of the features of the ship (anticipated and factored into our decision) and I guess many U.S. parents have no issues taking kids out of school for a vacation (not anticipated and not factored into our decision). This would not have happened in my wildest dreams as a child!

We are on Allure b2b and last week there were more than 800 kids. This week there are still many but not as many as last week. I was wondering as well if parents pull them out of school. There were many school age kids.

We purposely book after school starts so this was not expected. Even as I type there are so many kids running around outside our cabin that the floor is shaking.

We purposely book after school starts so this was not expected. Even as I type there are so many kids running around outside our cabin that the floor is shaking.

This is part of our planning process as well. We have the hall runners here on Harmony too. Try a quick opening of your cabin door when you hear one coming. Scares 'em silly assuming they can stop in time.

We are on Allure b2b and last week there were more than 800 kids. This week there are still many but not as many as last week. I was wondering as well if parents pull them out of school. There were many school age kids.

That many people weren't pulling their kids out of school as most schools in the South have fall break...many schools have it for a week and some for only part of the week...we had off Wed-Friday and headed to the beach. There were lots of people from KY, IN, and TN where we stayed. If you want less kids on your cruise, you need to stay away from the 2 weeks surrounding Columbus Day as that is the typical Fall Break time.

This is part of our planning process as well. We have the hall runners here on Harmony too. Try a quick opening of your cabin door when you hear one coming. Scares 'em silly assuming they can stop in time.

Lol! Will have to try that.

That many people weren't pulling their kids out of school as most schools in the South have fall break...many schools have it for a week and some for only part of the week...we had off Wed-Friday and headed to the beach. There were lots of people from KY, IN, and TN where we stayed. If you want less kids on your cruise, you need to stay away from the 2 weeks surrounding Columbus Day as that is the typical Fall Break time.

Wow! Fall breaks already? It seems like they just started a school year. When I was growing up we never had any of those days off. My cousin and I would stand outside in the middle of winter with no jackets on hoping to get sick so our parents would keep us home for at least one day. If we had this many breaks as they do now we would never have to do that ;p

FAR FEWER KIDS!

Second week of a B2B. Hard to say how many less kids but I'd guess maybe 1/3 fewer.

Still a lot more than we originally thought we'd see when we booked this. As many have said it is because of the features of the ship (anticipated and factored into our decision) and I guess many U.S. parents have no issues taking kids out of school for a vacation (not anticipated and not factored into our decision). This would not have happened in my wildest dreams as a child!

Last week was Holiday week. Some kids got Monday/Columbus day off school, many others had Fall Break off school the whole week...

I guess in New York no one starts school until after Labor Day. We will have to remember that fall break in the future. This is actually the first time we are experiencing this. We have sailed this time of year for the last 6 years. Yesterday we had few teenagers laying down on the floor in the hallway. I had to step over them to get to the elevators. They thought it was super funny. Girls and boys all stretched out on the floor.

Pulling my twins out of school for our 12/2 sailing on the Harmony. Saved about $1100 by doing so! Our usual time to vacation is the first week of he new year, they are out of chocolate then. But i couldn't pass up this savings!! We tend to vaca every other year.

Wow! Fall breaks already? It seems like they just started a school year. When I was growing up we never had any of those days off. My cousin and I would stand outside in the middle of winter with no jackets on hoping to get sick so our parents would keep us home for at least one day. If we had this many breaks as they do now we would never have to do that ;p

I think the number of days are the same. My sister’s kids went back to school in the middle of August, mine went back after Labor Day. Her kids had fall break, but they don’t have presidents week off like my kids do. The number of days off is about the same.

FAR FEWER KIDS!

we too our grands out a few ears back for a 12 day cruise, the teachers had them write about where they went and what they learned about the place they went as they were technically out of the country in some places. If they are home schooled the parents are not required to "pull" them at all, Also some may have been from Australia which is on a different schedule than us(winter breaks etc) Canada just celebrated Thanksgiving as well....so that could be it too.

Thanks for the tip.

We are sailing on Freedom Jan 6. I would think this would not be a popular time for families with school age kids traveling. Do you think I'm right? In Michigan most schools are back in session after the holidays. I'm not sure about other regions in US.

I agree, though you might find college age young people are still on break.

FAR FEWER KIDS!

Hi mate, doing a B2B in December on Harmony. How did they transition you from one cruise to the next? Did you stay on board or did you have to get off for a while? Any complementary lunch ?? Any heads up would be appreciated. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi mate, doing a B2B in December on Harmony. How did they transition you from one cruise to the next? Did you stay on board or did you have to get off for a while? Any complementary lunch ?? Any heads up would be appreciated. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off a B2B on the Harmony. You will be required to meet in a lounge with other B2B'ers the morning of transition day.

They will take you as a group off the ship to a waiting area. They will take your sea pass card which will be returned the next day. In the waiting area they will give you a new sea pass card. Once customs has cleared the ship to board they will take the group back to the ship. You are allowed to go to your cabin right away if you want to,

There will be a lunch made available for you. Our's was in the main Dining Room. We had to wait about an hour before they started serving.

In hindsight the wife and I wished we would have just gone to the Windjammer. The lunch menu was ok but nothing special and the wait for lunch service just seemed to be out of place.

We have sailed Oasis and Allure both several times (4 each). Many times we wondered where is everybody. For whatever reason it seemed wherever we went on the Harmony it was always crowded. Just a general question. Has anyone else who has sailed the Harmony felt that way? We sailed the weeks of 9/23 and 9/30.