Transatlantic pricing

Islander500

Hello all,

I am not familiar with Azamara pricing and could use your help. Interested in booking a TA next October (2018) and the Journey's Lisbon/Miami itinerary looks interesting. We have been sailing mostly Celebrity and we'd like to try Azamara.

A balcony on that TA right now is $2,569/pp (special pricing with 2 category upgrade). I'm not used to Azamara pricing at all so I don't know if this is a good price. I did look at the pricing for a similar TA late this month and the price is significantly higher for a balcony.

Any advice from experienced Azamara cruisers would be appreciated. ty

Hello all,

I am not familiar with Azamara pricing and could use your help. Interested in booking a TA next October (2018) and the Journey's Lisbon/Miami itinerary looks interesting. We have been sailing mostly Celebrity and we'd like to try Azamara.

A balcony on that TA right now is $2,569/pp (special pricing with 2 category upgrade). I'm not used to Azamara pricing at all so I don't know if this is a good price. I did look at the pricing for a similar TA late this month and the price is significantly higher for a balcony.

We just booked that cruise. If you book before Oct. 23 (12 months out) there is an early booking obc as well. We are Celebrity cruisers but we have a number of upcoming Azamara cruises. We felt this cruise was a good price with the double upgrade and early booking obc.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Thanks 2ndsailing. Appreciate the heads up about the early booking OBC.

Cowboy Ranger - I am a little worried about trying first smaller ship on a TA. Although I've never been seasick on an Celebrity cruise nor do I ever need any meds. Still.... :confused:

We just booked this cruise a few weeks ago. We're also Celebrity cruisers trying Azamara for the first time. While it's somewhat more expensive than a Celebrity TA, I think it's reasonable considering the upgraded experience. With the 2 category upgrade you should be able to get a mid-ship cabin to lessen any motion.

Hello all,

I have taken five TA cruises on Azamara, and currently booked on the Oct 2018 as well. I have found that the price on balcony cabins does indeed rise closer to sailings, but insides are usually firesailed. The price you quote is a very good price for a balcony and for your first Azamara experience. Sailing stability is dependent upon the weather. On several cruieses, the seas have been high, but the captains try their best to avoid any large storms. I too have never been seasick, so weather is not a concern, but mid ship is more stable.

FYI, there are a variety of activites on TA's: lectures, 3-4 daily trivias, indoor (bingo, battle of the sexes etc.) and outdoor games (putting, darts etc), watercolor lessons, and the pool, gym and spa. You can be as busy or lazy as you choose. I call it adult camp, and you make nice friends too.

Buy some Bonine motion sickness tablets before you head to Europe. I have had a few incidents of sea sickness and I would take one the morning I was boarding the ship and every morning I was on board. They didn't make me sleepy and I think they work better than the "patch". After many cruises I still bring them with me, but don't always need them. But I will bring them for this transatlantic....just in case.

Yes, that is a good price for a TA on AZ but don't get used to it. The prices are reduced on that sailing because it only came about due to the modification on the original TA, which we had booked. We cancelled when they changed because of the radical change in itinerary. Our pricing was, give or take, almost double what is available on this one now.

And, if you check the 2019 TA sailing, you will find it $3000-5000 more expensive.

This was such a good price for Azamara that our agent booked after she processed our cruise.

Azamara usually has bowls of candied ginger out all over the ship when it is at all rough. The sea bands and ginger seem to help my wife.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your advice and suggestions. Called and booked this morning. Only V3 cabins left so booked an AFT as close to midship as was still available.

Checked out the roll call and sounds like we have quite a few Celebrity cruisers on aboard trying Azamara. Very excited!

Glad you booked. Cabins aren't selling fast. We just booked on Monday and managed to get a V2.

See you on the roll call[emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Thanks 2ndsailing. You helped so much with the info you provided. When I checked last night, there was one V2 on deck 7 left but I wanted to talk so someone at Azamara and their office was already closed. By this morning, it was gone.

María

It is not a long walk from any cabin to the elevator. I think it is farther from aft suite to elevator on the Anthem of Sea.

Keep watching someone might take one off hold or cancel. We are getting close to final on February cruise and our CC cabin is now 150% more. All of the veranda and cc had been showing booked for months. We booked on buy one get one 1/2 off and is better deal if you want suite.

It is not a long walk from any cabin to the elevator. I think it is farther from aft suite to elevator on the Anthem of Sea.

Keep watching someone might take one off hold or cancel. We are getting close to final on February cruise and our CC cabin is now 150% more. All of the veranda and cc had been showing booked for months. We booked on buy one get one 1/2 off and is better deal if you want suite.

Wow, yes. That makes sense to use the BOGO 1/2 for a suite. Do you usually book AFT suites? I haven't really looked at all the decks to see what's where yet. I just checked this cruise on a lark yesterday and we decided to book it without much research. Just knew we wanted to try this line.

I'm fine with the walking and it clearly isn't far. Just wanted to have less motion midship but I think I'll be fine. And I'll come prepared as has been suggested.

María

We’re booked on this TA too (and are friends of 2nd Sailing) as the price was good with the double upgrade and Early booking OBC. It has booked out very quickly as there were V1 guarantees and about 8-10 V2’s when we booked 2 weeks ago.

Yes, it’s a TA, but the nice bit is an overnight port stop in Hamilton and also Cuba, plus a day in the Azores.

I will be bringing my bonine too, just in case, although I don’t really recall the Azamara ships being any more unstable than other mid-size Cruise ships we have been on and we survived Cape Horn twice on the Celebrity Infinity!;p

Please do all come say hello on the roll call for this Cruise

Buy some Bonine motion sickness tablets before you head to Europe. I have had a few incidents of sea sickness and I would take one the morning I was boarding the ship and every morning I was on board. They didn't make me sleepy and I think they work better than the "patch". After many cruises I still bring them with me, but don't always need them. But I will bring them for this transatlantic....just in case.

No reason to buy Bonine. Just ask for meclizine at the guest services desk and you'll be given it at no charge. This is Azamara, not a mass-market cruise line. And the R-ships handle the Atlantic just fine.

Welcome to Azamara! I think you will really enjoy the experience! We have done T/As on AZ and Oceania on the smaller ships and as mentioned they do quite well and the captains do their best to avoid rough weather. And it's so nice that your X Captain Club benefits transfer over!! That is a GREAT price for the T/A...we too were on the original T/A which was radically changed...in the number of days/departure date and embarkation location so we made a switch to Oceania...but have a T/A on Quest in just 2 weeks! Please report back and let us know how you like AZ!!...trust me...it will be a VERY different experience from a X T/A!! LuAnn

No reason to buy Bonine. Just ask for meclizine at the guest services desk and you'll be given it at no charge. This is Azamara, not a mass-market cruise line. And the R-ships handle the Atlantic just fine.

Actually Royal Caribbean ships give out Meclazine too, not just our beloved ‘upmarket’ Azamara.

We have done two TAs on Quest and yes, we did notice more movement than on the bigger ships, but it wasn’t unbearable. I took the Meclazine when it was stormy but DH didn’t need it.

Yes Celebrity do as well. even the mass markets care for their guests!

We have done one quite bumpy transatlantic on Azamara, it really does depend what direction any winds are coming from how much you feel it.

I always say to people if they believe Bonnine is their friend, take it with you. Sometimes psychology plays tricks with your brain so if you believe you need X take X with you unless it is exactly X by name and packaging that is being handed out. That way you know 100% you are using something that works for you.

QuestionS?

I take Meclizine for my Vertigo. How does it help with sea sickness? I was on Pacific Princess and for the first time in my life I got sea sick. I never knew whether it was the ocean or being on the VX aft. That was just a few years ago when we went down the Amazon. Down the Amazon I was fine but the ocean I was sick. I was also on Pacific Princess and was not in the aft VX when I went around Tahiti etc and never got sick at all. I am in a VX on the next cruise here but really don;t think much ocean Dubai to Athens

Opinions answers please to both

Thanks

Kathy