appetizers at capt.'s party

Just returned from a 2 segment cruise, so there were 2 capt.'s parties. We noticed there were no appetizers at either. We had to leave both parties early so maybe they just hadn't started serving them yet. Do they still serve appetizers? Thanks.

If you are talking about the Captain Circle Party they have for the different cruise levels, I haven't seen appetizers served in the past year or so. They use to come around with appetizers at the same time they were serving the drinks before the "party" began.

They had them on the Regal TA in September. This was the Elite/Platinum version. Perhaps that makes a difference? Based on the previous threads on this topic I keep expecting them not to be served. However, they have always been served on all of our cruises to date. Not that they're that great. ;p:D

We were on the Crown in February and March and the Ruby in August where they served appetizers at the Captain's Circle Party. We had the same experience on the Caribbean last year in March, August and September as well as the Regal in February 2016. We will be on the Ruby again next month so we will see what is offered.

They even did not put out the little containers with a nut snack mix.

I think very few people actually ate them.... I stopped eating them after I saw a person pour some into one hand to pick out only what they wanted & pour the rest back in the jar. :rolleyes:

I'm not a germaphobe but that was just nasty.

I think very few people actually ate them.... I stopped eating them after I saw a person pour some into one hand to pick out only what they wanted & pour the rest back in the jar. :rolleyes:

Yikes! I think I'll skip the snack mix.

Just returned from a 2 segment cruise, so there were 2 capt.'s parties. We noticed there were no appetizers at either. We had to leave both parties early so maybe they just hadn't started serving them yet. Do they still serve appetizers? Thanks.

No appetizers, they stopped serving them a long time ago. All you get now is a small carafe of rice crackers and 1 free drink. Imagine that, we spend thousands of dollars cruising on Princess and all we're worth is a jar of crackers. I sent an email to Princess voicing my opinion. We'll probably skip the platinum/elite parties in the future, not worth the time, SOS.

No appetizers, they stopped serving them a long time ago. All you get now is a small carafe of rice crackers and 1 free drink. Imagine that, we spend thousands of dollars cruising on Princess and all we're worth is a jar of crackers. I sent an email to Princess voicing my opinion. We'll probably skip the platinum/elite parties in the future, not worth the time, SOS.

I guess it depends on who you know. ;) On our Regal TA in September not only did we receive plenty of canapés, but we each had two custom made Hendricks martinis. :cocktail::cocktail: :D

The 'jar' is for your personal use. Any nuts/crackers left in those jars are (or should be) discarded and never served to anyone else. If a jar is left on a table, we ask the bar staff to remove it and bring us a fresh one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny thing about those Captain's parties....as long time cruisers (about forty years) we no longer attend those parties and now view them as a great time to go to our favorite bars...which are not nearly as crowded :). To us, the typical Captains party means waiting on a line, bumping elbows with some of the hired help, being handed a lousy drink. and then listening to the usual speeches (which have not changed much on our last 100+ cruises).

Hank

our last princess cruise in june no app. 1 drink pre person.the captain was late told a dumb store about his wife and left . no pictures ,just bye I'm busy.come on captain why even come. the whole thing was rushed.sorry to waste your 10 mins

The 'jar' is for your personal use. Any nuts/crackers left in those jars are (or should be) discarded and never served to anyone else. If a jar is left on a table, we ask the bar staff to remove it and bring us a fresh one.

That very well could be and hopefully should be the practice. We always attend before dinner so I just wait till we reach the DR or buffet before eating.

Other than a couple of drinks made to order I've never found much to get excited about except to hear how many of each category are sailing on our cruise and the number of days the 2nd & 3rd place people have.

We were on the same cruise,we attended the platinum/elite party, they had a few appetizers, they were nothing special. I was able to get 2 margaritas, which were not one of the pre made drinks they brought around.

We were just on the Regal 10/7-10/14 and they had appetizers and drinks being served before the presentation part of the party started. Servers walked around handing out appetizers and drinks.

We were on the same cruise,we attended the platinum/elite party, they had a few appetizers, they were nothing special. I was able to get 2 margaritas, which were not one of the pre made drinks they brought around.

So true...they were nothing special. Just cold canapés over small pieces of bread.

That’s so nice you scored 2 margaritas! I didn’t think about asking for a special drink. I will try that next time...if we go to the party again. I took the green looking drink because it looked interesting and I was hoping it had Midori. Not sure what it was. It was just okay.

You are spending thousands on your cruise and you are worried about $2 worth of appetizers. Seems like you have a major priority prob;lem.

DON

That very well could be and hopefully should be the practice. We always attend before dinner so I just wait till we reach the DR or buffet before eating.

Other than a couple of drinks made to order I've never found much to get excited about except to hear how many of each category are sailing on our cruise and the number of days the 2nd & 3rd place people have.

We never go to the parties now. All that queueing to get in and trying to find a seat - we just go and have a quiet drink in a bar [emoji3]