Oasis of the seas.

worrywort

Good afternoon,

In January 2018 we will be embarking onto Oasis of the Seas 1st time on such a big ship, I have heard that you need to pre-book seating for the theatre, could anyone please confirm this for us , as watching the show in the evening is one of the things we really do enjoy.

Any other hints and tips on how to get the best out of such a large ship would be very much appreciated, also is it a struggle to get a chair or lounger on deck on sea days in Caribbean

Thank you in advance for any help.

Yours gratefully,

Worrywort.

Good afternoon,

In January 2018 we will be embarking onto Oasis of the Seas 1st time on such a big ship, I have heard that you need to pre-book seating for the theatre, could anyone please confirm this for us , as watching the show in the evening is one of the things we really do enjoy.

Any other hints and tips on how to get the best out of such a large ship would be very much appreciated, also is it a struggle to get a chair or lounger on deck on sea days in Caribbean

Yours gratefully,

Worrywort.

You are not required to pre-reserve shows, but having a reservation guarantees you a spot and allows you to get into the venue earlier than those without reservations.

The best place to ask other questions is the RC forum here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

I also wanted to welcome you to Cruise Critic.

Good afternoon,

Yours gratefully,

Worrywort.

Have only cruised on the Allure of the Seas but basically the same ship.

First off, I figured I'd dislike the ship because of size and number of passengers. I actually really enjoyed the ship and was pleasantly surprised at how well run the ship was and all staff very helpful.

The shows are quite phenomenal and yes, I would suggest that you sit down, plan out and prebook the shows for when you want to see them. Also, get in line about 30 minutes before the doors open for the best seating.When you prebook, the information is loaded into the barcode on your sea pass and they simple scan that as you enter the shows.

We never had to wait very long at all for the MDR since we had open seating although there were only two of us.

My biggest suggestion: when you first board, it will seem a little overwhelming with so many other passengers all boarding at the same point. We immediately went up one floor and aft where the diving shows are held and merry-go-round was located. It was quiet, with few other passengers and we took time to look at the map of the vessel and get our bearings. We then went down and booked two shore excursions, with no problems.

Your ship is big, has lots to do and see, so enjoy!

There are plenty of loungers, but they all can't be right next to the pool, if that is your aim! Going up a deck or further away from the actual poolside gives you more space, too! They cram those chairs in so tightly, that you have to CLIMB into the chair from the foot!!

Thank you....

Have only cruised on the Allure of the Seas but basically the same ship.

First off, I figured I'd dislike the ship because of size and number of passengers. I actually really enjoyed the ship and was pleasantly surprised at how well run the ship was and all staff very helpful.

The shows are quite phenomenal and yes, I would suggest that you sit down, plan out and prebook the shows for when you want to see them. Also, get in line about 30 minutes before the doors open for the best seating.When you prebook, the information is loaded into the barcode on your sea pass and they simple scan that as you enter the shows.

We never had to wait very long at all for the MDR since we had open seating although there were only two of us.

My biggest suggestion: when you first board, it will seem a little overwhelming with so many other passengers all boarding at the same point. We immediately went up one floor and aft where the diving shows are held and merry-go-round was located. It was quiet, with few other passengers and we took time to look at the map of the vessel and get our bearings. We then went down and booked two shore excursions, with no problems.

Your ship is big, has lots to do and see, so enjoy!

Do you know if you can only view the shows once you have got your reference number , we have only just paid the balance as yet have no number.

Thank you.

You need a booking number in order to see the show schedule and make reservations. You should be able to get your booking number as soon as you have made a deposit. Contact whoever booked your cruise to get that info.

I just wanted to add that you are not reserving a specific seat, but simply a place in the theater. You still have to line up to get the seats you want. Having said that, we found that being on vacation on this big ship, we re-evaluated some of the things we wanted to do. For instance, we had reservations for a show but as things happen, we decided not to see that particular show. There is always a stand-by line if you change your plans and want to see a show you have not reserved. Do not worry and do not overthink this. :D

Have fun.

Good afternoon,

Yours gratefully,

Worrywort.

Love the Oasis. Pre-book the shows (which are the best we have ever seen)