I don't flaunt my C&A Status

My Father and I are almost Diamond and when we sail we are some of the nicest people around who loves to socialize.

To me it does not matter if we are Gold or Emerald just that we are having a fun time and socializing with the right people.

I have never used status to get us better service. I figure the agent at the front desk or MDR can see our status on our SeaPass Card.

Whenver there is a problem I hand over the SeaPass card and they say"Thank You for being a loyal guest let me see what I can do".

I have seen these people rush up to the front of the line yelling and flashing their SeaPass Card saying" Were Diamond Were Diamond+ and we need you to fix this now. I don't care about the line.

I would never fathom to do this. The cruiseline knows who is a good customer. If we have an issue we bring it up to the front desk who notates the account and we then allow them to rectify the situation.

We also leave feedback wih corporate an they have helped us. You see its the way you give feedback.

Once I got the chance to speak with the Head of Guest Relations about the smoking policy not being enforced. He agreed with me and took it upon himself to get it resolved.

If you don't speak up how can they read your mind if you are having a problem?

The same goes for flying in First Class. I am gracious to the flight attendants and they have commented how nice the man in seat 1A is and offered me better service. Wherever i go I try to be gracious and understading.

What are your views on this? It doesn't get you extra brownie points to cut in front of line unless you have a life threatening emergency and flaunt your status. I am sure the front desk agents talk durirng their breaks about these kind of entitled guests.

I've read about this kind of behavior. Fortunately, in my grand total of three cruises, I've yet to encounter anyone mentioning their status, certainly not trying to jump the line or work their status into superior treatment. Three more points and we will be Platinum, sounds fancy haha.

I do not flaunt my status, either on ship, or off. I am on vacation, and I do not think the people on shore would treat me any different either way. I am respectful to anyone, and expect that in return. I have met some very nice people who have a higher status than me, and have also met rude people regardless of their level. Fortunately, I have had very few problems on ship that I needed to go to Guest Services. When I do have a problem, I tend to go at off hours, because, like you said, unless it is an emergency, it can wait.

Actually, the best experiences that I have had with other passengers, has been when the windjammer or Park Cafe is very busy, and I offer to share a table. Embarkation lunch tends to be the best when you have someone join you that is a first time cruiser. They seem to be overwhelmed by all the activity, and it makes me think back to the first time I cruised.

Regards,

Mike

Indeed Platinum sounds Fancy:D . Like you we offer to share a table or a polite"is this seat taken with a smile" and then a conversation ensues. We love embarkation day lunch as it gives us time to explore the ship and meet new people including the Cruise Critic Role Call members.

Rude people are rude people. Those who have entitled attitudes are everywhere. I seldom see people "flaunt" their status. I was once at a Meet & Mingle and then followed up with a C&A loyalty event. I happened to sit down next to a man who had on some sort of name tag or button that indicated to me that he had achieved Pinnacle status. I talked to him for a long time. I asked him where all he had been and what had made him stay Loyal to Royal. He said he had made up his mind years back to get to the highest loyalty status and that no one at Royal had ever been less than kind to him, and he stuck with them.

He was a very interesting fellow. I enjoyed hearing about what he loved about his past adventures. Instead of viewing people who have more loyalty credit than we do as snobby, take time to get to know them. They can probably tell you some pretty great stuff and maybe they can help you figure out things you didn't know about before. They do have lots of experience.

This is an interesting thread but in all the cruises I have been on I have never been around when someone cut the line claiming status privilege. I have hear passengers at the CS counter trying to resolve an issue citing their C&A status as a leverage to help ensure prompt attention to their issue.

Fortunately we have never had am issue that wasn't resolved through normal channels..

I have never had to never mention my status to the crew because it is on my Sea Pass (which I keep in my pocket instead of wearing). In certain venues (such as Diamond & Concierge lounges and ice skating where they have a Diamond Plus section), I have had to show my card. About the only time I sorta flaunt my status is on formal night when I wear my Diamond Plus pin on the lapel of my suit jacket, but it is because it looks nice on formal attire and not because I am bragging about my status.

My Father and I are almost Diamond and when we sail we are some of the nicest people around who loves to socialize.

To me it does not matter if we are Gold or Emerald just that we are having a fun time and socializing with the right people.

I have never used status to get us better service. I figure the agent at the front desk or MDR can see our status on our SeaPass Card.

Whenver there is a problem I hand over the SeaPass card and they say"Thank You for being a loyal guest let me see what I can do".

I have seen these people rush up to the front of the line yelling and flashing their SeaPass Card saying" Were Diamond Were Diamond+ and we need you to fix this now. I don't care about the line.

I would never fathom to do this. The cruiseline knows who is a good customer. If we have an issue we bring it up to the front desk who notates the account and we then allow them to rectify the situation.

We also leave feedback wih corporate an they have helped us. You see its the way you give feedback.

Once I got the chance to speak with the Head of Guest Relations about the smoking policy not being enforced. He agreed with me and took it upon himself to get it resolved.

The same goes for flying in First Class. I am gracious to the flight attendants and they have commented how nice the man in seat 1A is and offered me better service. Wherever i go I try to be gracious and understading.

What are your views on this? It doesn't get you extra brownie points to cut in front of line unless you have a life threatening emergency and flaunt your status. I am sure the front desk agents talk durirng their breaks about these kind of entitled guests.

I agree with you.

Rude people are rude people. Those who have entitled attitudes are everywhere. I seldom see people "flaunt" their status. I was once at a Meet & Mingle and then followed up with a C&A loyalty event. I happened to sit down next to a man who had on some sort of name tag or button that indicated to me that he had achieved Pinnacle status. I talked to him for a long time. I asked him where all he had been and what had made him stay Loyal to Royal. He said he had made up his mind years back to get to the highest loyalty status and that no one at Royal had ever been less than kind to him, and he stuck with them.

He was a very interesting fellow. I enjoyed hearing about what he loved about his past adventures. Instead of viewing people who have more loyalty credit than we do as snobby, take time to get to know them. They can probably tell you some pretty great stuff and maybe they can help you figure out things you didn't know about before. They do have lots of experience.

I agree...however, not all of them are as humble and nice as that man you described (and we have had the pleasure of meeting many). But I have met a few who I do not care to meet again, especially those whose fingers kept pointing to their pinnacle badge every time they spoke to a wait staff.

Sure, there are a few of those types out there. But, for every "status-thrower" out there I've seen, I've met 100 more D, D+, and Pinnacle folks who are just like everyone else. Generally those few bad apples out there are going to stand out over the others. There's also just as many line cutters and complainers at the Gold level (where I'm at) they just don't get the mention on here very often. I actually enjoy talking to people who have these higher statuses, as many have been cruising for years and I love hearing about their cruising history which is far more in depth than mine.

At the end of the day, who cares if someone wants to mention their status here or in a conversation or with a badge/pin? They've earned it, and if it doesn't hurt me, then let it be and great for them!

This argument comes up way too often on here from people on all ends of the C&A spectrum, let it go people and just enjoy your vacation.

The same goes for flying in First Class. I am gracious to the flight attendants and they have commented how nice the man in seat 1A is and offered me better service. Wherever i go I try to be gracious and understanding.

What exactly is it that you're not flaunting?

Don't take me too serious. I'm not knocking you....just making a joke. ;)

Just off Majesty this morning. We had 2 fake Pinnacles onboard. They actually had name tags that resembled the Pinnacle name tag but was a bit larger. All the staff was focused on was the name tag and they were all over them. They were even invited to the Captains table and received priority treatment going through customs since the port employees thought they were Pinnacle.

Just off Majesty this morning. We had 2 fake Pinnacles onboard. They actually had name tags that resembled the Pinnacle name tag but was a bit larger. All the staff was focused on was the name tag and they were all over them. They were even invited to the Captains table and received priority treatment going through customs since the port employees thought they were Pinnacle.

It's on your luggage tags, sign and sail, and sea pass cards. How can they fake it? Impossible! The ship has your status in the computer. Maybe they just wanted larger name tags, but they had to be Pinnacle.

It's on your luggage tags, sign and sail, and sea pass cards. How can they fake it? Impossible! The ship has your status in the computer. Maybe they just wanted larger name tags, but they had to be Pinnacle.

They're actually D+

The crew only focuses on the name tags and couldn't see that the were fake.

No matter where you go, there will be the rude people who pull the "Do You Know Who I Am" attitude. Then, there are also people who have more money and status than anyone would know who are super kind and gracious. I don't judge a person by their status, possessions, clothes, etc. I judge them by how they treat others.

I hate to say this, but the tone of your post gives me the impression that you resent anyone with a higher status as if it actually means something. It doesn't. My last cruise was my first cruise as a diamond member. While I enjoyed the free cocktails in the evening, nothing else changed. I was still kind to everyone I came in contact with. I still did the same things I did before. The status is a nice little perk, but it says nothing about the person.

You are in a group with about 98% of cruisers. A few people always act inappropriately.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My interpretation?

The fact that you’re even bringing it up means you’re flaunting your status.

I’m surprised at the number of folks who agreed with this. How exactly does one flaunt their status on an anonymous message board? I guess the phrase “flaunt your status” doesn’t mean the same thing to everyone.