Grandeur OTS Cabin 7144

Citymom92

Hello all-

We just got assigned this cabin for our cruise in January after booking a GTY just a couple of weeks ago. I'm really happy RCI gave us an assignment so quickly. I think I like the location and I'm not looking to try to move around, but I do have a few questions I'd love to have answered if possible:

Has anyone stayed here and can you tell me if they liked it or if there were any issues with it?

Is the sofa next to the balcony, or is the bed is in that spot?

It's also a connecting cabin, which we are not using, so I'd be interested to know where the door to the adjoining room is located.

It also appears to be the last cabin in the aft before the big suites looking out over the wake of the ship. I wonder how much more we will feel the movement of the ship, or if it's really negligible? Our first cruise we were located more in the middle of the ship, and the movement was not noticeable at all.

It looks like there are some internal stairs next to this room, and if that's accurate, can we use those to go up and down or do we have to walk to the elevators or central staircase? We're big walkers and love taking the stairs, and it would be great if we had a set we could utilize.

This is only our second cruise, so please forgive my ignorance, and my wanting to know every little detail. And if anyone has any photos, obviously I'd love to see them! A quick search of these boards and the general internet came up empty.

Thanks!

Gina

I'm not familiar with that exact cabin; however, the location is close to a cabin we had on Empress a few years ago; we had the Inside cabin next to it. If that is the case, the stairs are crew only except in emergency.

We never had any noise issues with the connecting cabin nor with the stairs, nor any problem, motion-wise, with being aft.

The beds are all by the balcony on this ship..they don't "alternate" line in the newer ships.

As far as the stairs....pretty sure no one will shoot you if you use them!

I believe the stairs being referenced are crew stairs and if they are, while they won't "shoot you" if you use them they are restricted for crew use as part of the crew area. They most definitely should not be used by passengers! Why would you even remotely suggest that they could be used? Ridiculous comment as usual CB!

Hi Gina -

We sail the the Grandeur next month (Nov 18-30) and have Cabin 7636, just a few doors down from your cabin. Thanks for asking several of the same questions I have!!

Hello all-

We just got assigned this cabin for our cruise in January after booking a GTY just a couple of weeks ago. I'm really happy RCI gave us an assignment so quickly. I think I like the location and I'm not looking to try to move around, but I do have a few questions I'd love to have answered if possible:

Do you know if you could change if you wanted? We booked this cruise (GTY) with an agent (to use Discover rewards). Once we were assigned our cabin (D2), I inquired with the agent about switching to another cabin. She got the RCI rep on the line, and he first said YES we could switch, but then said NO when he realized we had originally booked GTY. This was fine with us, but I only asked because I had read here several times it was possible. :confused:

Has anyone stayed here and can you tell me if they liked it or if there were any issues with it?

I couldn't find pics of our cabin either, but of the one I do see, the SOFA is always by the balcony.:(

I was hoping for the bed to be there as I love waking and watching the water.

It's also a connecting cabin, which we are not using, so I'd be interested to know where the door to the adjoining room is located.

It also appears to be the last cabin in the aft before the big suites looking out over the wake of the ship. I wonder how much more we will feel the movement of the ship, or if it's really negligible? Our first cruise we were located more in the middle of the ship, and the movement was not noticeable at all.

I've sailed many aft cabins and don't mind the movement. Some don't like, but I find it great for sleeping. I'm happy to let you know what I find on our Grandeur aft.

It looks like there are some internal stairs next to this room, and if that's accurate, can we use those to go up and down or do we have to walk to the elevators or central staircase? We're big walkers and love taking the stairs, and it would be great if we had a set we could utilize.

I was hoping the same. 2 decks up to the POOL, 2 decks down to the DINING ROOM would be great.

Will let you know.(yn)

This is only our second cruise, so please forgive my ignorance, and my wanting to know every little detail. And if anyone has any photos, obviously I'd love to see them! A quick search of these boards and the general internet came up empty.

This is my 20th, and I still always have lots of questions - especially since this is my first time on the Grandeur and with RCI. Pre-cruise obsessions are part of the fun! I'm happy to share what I find on our 11/18 sailing. :)

Thanks!

Gina

Sharon

Do you know if you could change if you wanted? We booked this cruise (GTY) with an agent (to use Discover rewards). Once we were assigned our cabin (D2), I inquired with the agent about switching to another cabin. She got the RCI rep on the line, and he first said YES we could switch, but then said NO when he realized we had originally booked GTY. This was fine with us, but I only asked because I had read here several times it was possible. clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

I think I did see on another thread that if you have a GTY you could change to another cabin in the same class, but it helped if you knew exactly what cabin in that class was still available. I'm sure someone will know more than I about whether this is possible.

I couldn't find pics of our cabin either, but of the one I do see, the SOFA is always by the balcony.clear.png?emoji-frown-1741

I was hoping for the bed to be there as I love waking and watching the water.

I think you're in luck then, because another poster did respond that the bed is indeed by the balcony. Funny, because, never having a balcony before, I thought I would prefer the sofa being by the balcony! Now that you mention it though, it seems like it would be nice to lay in bed and watch the water.

I've sailed many aft cabins and don't mind the movement. Some don't like, but I find it great for sleeping. I'm happy to let you know what I find on our Grandeur aft.

I'll be sure to take some seasickness meds just in case. Another January Baltimore Grandeur review noted that in winter the seas are a little more rough anyway.

I was hoping the same. 2 decks up to the POOL, 2 decks down to the DINING ROOM would be great.

Will let you know.clear.png?emoji-fingerscrossed-2012

Some have noted that these are very likely marked Staff Only, so I would not want to use them and impair their access and use. Let me know though if you find out otherwise! It would be very convenient and a good way to work off all those calories from drinking and eating!

This is my 20th, and I still always have lots of questions - especially since this is my first time on the Grandeur and with RCI. Pre-cruise obsessions are part of the fun! I'm happy to share what I find on our 11/18 sailing. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Well Im glad to know it's not just newbies! It is very fun to read the reviews, get tips, places to go. It's my favorite part about any vacation. Please do circle back and let me know how your trip goes next month!

Thanks!

This is my 20th, and I still always have lots of questions - especially since this is my first time on the Grandeur and with RCI. Pre-cruise obsessions are part of the fun! I'm happy to share what I find on our 11/18 sailing. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Well Im glad to know it's not just newbies! It is very fun to read the reviews, get tips, places to go. It's my favorite part about any vacation. Please do circle back and let me know how your trip goes next month!

Thanks!

Hi Gina!

WIill do (y)!!

Sharon

I haven't been in this specific cabin, but the balcony cabins I've been in on Grandeur have had the couch near the balcony. I remember it that way, because I find it awkward to have to go past the bed to get to the couch..,?

I agree! Oh well...

On you tube there is a video of cabin 7124 which is just down from you it shows the couch near the sliders. just type in grandeur of the seas cabin 7124 in you tube and you can see the room I am talking about it has the same features. HTH:)

We had JS 7650 a couple of years ago. We were told that these stairs were only for crew. However, our cabin steward also told us we should use them in case of an actual lifeboat muster event.

/Greg and Elizabeth

Hi Gina -

Here's a reply I got on my roll call about our stairs.

Not what we wanted to hear. Oh well...

We'll just have to walk up the hall to the regular staircase.

On you tube there is a video of cabin 7124 which is just down from you it shows the couch near the sliders. just type in grandeur of the seas cabin 7124 in you tube and you can see the room I am talking about it has the same features. HTH:)

Thanks! I just checked it out. I think it's now 50/50 responses on what side the sofa is on. ;p We will have to wait and see!

You will love the aft cabin!

Hi Keacat-

If you don't mind my ignorance, what's great about an aft cabin? I have heard other people say that aft cabins are preferred, but I don't know if it's because of the potential views from the back of the ship (like the wake I guess?) or if it's a quieter cabin or less movement or what. I'd love to know more! TIA!

• 1 month later...
Hello all-

Thanks!

Gina

Hi Gina -

On the Grandeur now...

Those stairs are “Crew Only”.

Also I️ just confirmed with my cabin steward that SOFAS are beside balcony windows in all the cabins - balconies and suites.

No issues with ship movement for us!

Best sleep ever!

Very relaxing and enjoyable cruise.

Hate that it’s coming to an end... :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Gina -

On the Grandeur now...

Those stairs are “Crew Only”.

Also I️ just confirmed with my cabin steward that SOFAS are beside balcony windows in all the cabins - balconies and suites.

No issues with ship movement for us!

Best sleep ever!

Very relaxing and enjoyable cruise.

Hate that it’s coming to an end... :-(

Thank you so much for checking! This is so helpful. Glad you’ve had a good cruise. If only we could cruise all the time.