Changing prices - what do I do if the prices are lower now?

LaMchop31

hi all ... I have booked a cruise for November 2018. I know that's a long time away but I'm super excited and have been looking at the RCI website frequently. The prices seems to change up and down with different offers. If I do see a lower price of a cruise I have booked And not fully paid for can I call get my pricing adjusted? I assume once I make the final payment that it's a done deal at that point also.. is that actuate?

Edited by LaMchop31

hi all ... I have booked a cruise for November 2018. I know that's a long time away but I'm super excited and have been look at the RCI website frequently. The prices seems to change up and down with different offers. If I do see a lower price of a cruise I have booked And not fully paid for can I call get my pricing adjusted? I assume once I make the final payment that it's a done deal at point also.. is that actuate?

You can make adjustments up until the DATE the final payment is due even if you have paid in full prior to that date.

hi all ... I have booked a cruise for November 2018. I know that's a long time away but I'm super excited and have been looking at the RCI website frequently. The prices seems to change up and down with different offers. If I do see a lower price of a cruise I have booked And not fully paid for can I call get my pricing adjusted? I assume once I make the final payment that it's a done deal at that point also.. is that actuate?

A simple call.

Keep in mind that if the price does drop, you'll probably have an easier time getting a free upgrade rather than lower price if you've already paid in full. It's also more likely that if you went with a room guarantee, you wont be able to get the guarantee rate. You may have to pay more since you have to go with the assigned room rate. I could have saved $150pp on my upcoming cruise but being past the final payment date and having an assigned room, I couldn't do that.

I also have a similar question. I have paid in full for a December 2017 cruise. I have no idea when final payment is as I paid in full when I booked the cruise. The price has since dropped and Royal is now offering On board credit. Is there a way to get the on board credit Royal for my booking. I booked with a travel agent.

I also have a similar question. I have paid in full for a December 2017 cruise. I have no idea when final payment is as I paid in full when I booked the cruise. The price has since dropped and Royal is now offering On board credit. Is there a way to get the on board credit Royal for my booking. I booked with a travel agent.

No, you are within the 90-day final payment period. No credit of any kind for price drops.

Check out prices of better category staterooms, you can still upgrade if you like.

I am glad you asked this question as i was wanting to know the same thing. Our cruise isn't until October 18 and I booked online with RCCL. I have noticed the price has dropped a lot. Does Royal only drop the prices for US citizens?

Thanks

US and Canadian booking rules allow price drops before final payment date.

Does Royal only drop the prices for US citizens?

It's the booking rules that matter, not citizenship. I think Aussie rules allow for penalty free cancellation more than 120 days out - so you could cancel and rebook, but you'd have to check your booking rules for the details.

We paid in full ahead of the final payment date. If the price drops do we take an onboard credit or would they refund (to the credit card we paid with) the difference??

I believe they would give you a choice of how you wanted the difference back.

No, you are within the 90-day final payment period. No credit of any kind for price drops.

Check out prices of better category staterooms, you can still upgrade if you like.

Thank you Bob. I will check tonight. Fingers crossed prices are lower on a better category.(yn)

• 2 months later...
I think RCI only refunds for lower prices up until the final payment is made. ALWAYS recheck before making final payment. We saved like $1500 on our last cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you even bother to read the responses since you are bringing up a two month old thread? Doesn't matter when you pay in full. What matters is the final payment DATE.

And I didn’t “bring up a two month old thread.” CC highlighted it on my trending topics page. It’s a universal question, so date is irrelevant.

Don’t bother responding. I blocked you.

And I didn’t “bring up a two month old thread.” CC highlighted it on my trending topics page. It’s a universal question, so date is irrelevant.

Don’t bother responding. I blocked you.

Yes you did bring up a two noth old thread and with wrong information as well, while the correct information was given already. it´s irrelevant when final payment is made, only the cruiselines final payment date is relevant. So not really helpful to contradict the correct information given above.:rolleyes: