Critical Review of Silver Shadow

THEPRFCT10

I'm surprised with the amount of searching I tried on the internet not seeing a whole lot of reviews for The Silver Shadow-- there's a few on YouTube a few on the app, just not a whole lot --- we just booked a cruise for the 11-night Mediterranean for next year and I was hoping there'd be more information on the ship , Maybe how recently it's been renovated or updated --- some of the negative reviews have me concerned

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

--- some of the negative reviews have me concerned.
Maybe I’m different because I like the SS product, but we’re looking at a Shadow voyage for next winter and don’t have any concerns as we’ve been on the ship before any of the recent renovations and enjoyed each of our cruises.

I'm surprised with the amount of searching I tried on the internet not seeing a whole lot of reviews for The Silver Shadow-- there's a few on YouTube a few on the app, just not a whole lot --- we just booked a cruise for the 11-night Mediterranean for next year and I was hoping there'd be more information on the ship , Maybe how recently it's been renovated or updated --- some of the negative reviews have me concerned

Let's get the facts out first; yes it's an older ship and most renovations are as needed between cruises. But if you look at the hundreds of passengers each week, one could assume most are satisfied and among them, very few have ever heard of Cruise Critic. Most on this site are regulars and the newer ones do most of the bashing while the more experienced ones just like to answer questions. So just take the cruise and see what you think? Some fall in love right away while others just move on to another cruise line.

CRuise CRitic exists to promote cruising and cruise lines .

The majority of contributors are here to support this process and ameliorate the occasional spark of negativity with sweet smelling contributions that seek to maintain the status quo and keep the ships full.

Look elsewhere for critical analysis…...

That's what I've been trying to do. Obviously we'll just for ourselves and we look very forward to this cruise of a lifetime. But since it's our first SS cruise it's new territory for us. We've done 11 Disney, so that's all we have to compare to!

That's what I've been trying to do. Obviously we'll just for ourselves and we look very forward to this cruise of a lifetime. But since it's our first SS cruise it's new territory for us. We've done 11 Disney, so that's all we have to compare to!

I hope you enjoy it ThePrfct10. The first cruise we had ever done was on the Shadow in 2008. 10-years later, we’re still enjoying SS very much. And, I think you’ll find they (SS) are completely different than Disney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you read the most recent voyage reports on the Shadow, there is one from about three months ago and another from February. Both give a significant amount of information about the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

CRuise CRitic exists to promote cruising and cruise lines .

The majority of contributors are here to support this process and ameliorate the occasional spark of negativity with sweet smelling contributions that seek to maintain the status quo and keep the ships full.

Look elsewhere for critical analysis…...

I could not disagree more! We have learned so much from other posters on cc.com and have actually made lifelong friends from people we "met" on cc.com. There is plenty of critical analysis, both positive and negative, expressed on this forum. I am not sure why you believe that most of the contributors are here to promote cruising and cruise lines!

I hope you enjoy it ThePrfct10. The first cruise we had ever done was on the Shadow in 2008. 10-years later, we’re still enjoying SS very much. And, I think you’ll find they (SS) are completely different than Disney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's reassuring thanks so much!

May I kindly ask where these reports are located?

Have you read the most recent voyage reports on the Shadow, there is one from about three months ago and another from February. Both give a significant amount of information about the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Whisper and Shadow are close sisters. I have traveled frequently on Whisper but less frequently on Shadow. Both ships are well maintained but they may have a few nicks and scratches that one wouldn't find on a newer ship. Traveling on them is like stepping back in time and cruising on ships that recall the golden age of ships (before jet planes). They are sedate and understated without being stuffy. I am looking forward to a long cruise on Whisper next year.

Whisper and Shadow are close sisters. I have traveled frequently on Whisper but less frequently on Shadow. Both ships are well maintained but they may have a few nicks and scratches that one wouldn't find on a newer ship. Traveling on them is like stepping back in time and cruising on ships that recall the golden age of ships (before jet planes). They are sedate and understated without being stuffy. I am looking forward to a long cruise on Whisper next year.
Wow nicely said!

I have never sailed with Disney but I do know a couple of differences you will see right away...…...size of the ship.

MUCH smaller than the Disney ships and MUCH less amount of children.

I am getting ready to take my 2nd cruise on SS next week:D……...I LOVED my first one:D

We had been on the Shadow twice,

Mexican Riviera – Silversea Shadow December 2004

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=112474 (Part I)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=112477 (Part II)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=112585 (Part III)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=112815 (Part IV)

Panama Canal – Silversea Shadow December2007

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=680435

Those were the wonderful days, with free flowing caviar, and all the staff recognized all the passengers within a few days. We were more lively, and participated more on those voyages both ashore and on board.