Camp Ocean "Badge Challenge"

DukeASUGirl

I've read that Carnival offers a "badge challenge" in Camp Ocean, which "gives kids the chance to earn and collect badges for completing special tasks such as trying new foods, making an aquatic animal towel or riding the water slide. "

Is this still available? And what do they mean by collecting badges? Is this like a patch or is it a pin or paper or...?

This is interesting: https://carnival-news.com/2014/04/18/carnival-cruise-lines-inreoduces-new-marine-themed-camp-ocean-childrens-program/

New Badge Challenge

Carnival will also introduce a Badge Challenge as part of Camp Ocean, which will provide the opportunity for kids to earn and collect badges as a special memento of their cruise. Badge challenges will include a variety of unique activities that provide an original way for kids to learn about their vessel, experience onboard adventures and gain a sense of accomplishment. After completing tasks which may include trying a new food, making an aquatic towel animal or riding the water slide, children will collect corresponding Camp Ocean badges.

However, the article is dated 2014. We've been on 5 or 6 Carnival cruises, mostly with Camp Ocean, and have not run across this.

There are a number of blogs posts also, but they seem to have all been released right after the Carnival new release.

I think my kids would love this, but it seems likely it died on the vine.