Silver Muse Specility Resturant Bookings

SY7DNEY CRUISER

I have booked on Silver Muse 19th August Venice to Monto Carlo.

I note 52 days out from sailing that La Dame, Kaiseki and Silver Note are not available for booking.

Richard West

Just a possibility, but perhaps they are already fully reserved by those who have booked them before now.

It’s worthwhile to keep checking back on my Silversea SY7DNEY. This is what happened to us recently when we booked for Spirit. From when we booked they said no availability every night. It seems a lot of people just book for multiple nights and then cancel some nights once onboard. I checked back regularly and eventually we did manage to get on the waitlist for both la Dame and Seishin. The only one Restaurant we couldn’t get into that was really disappointing was Silver Note but that was because it didn’t open until the 4th night of the cruise. Once onboard it’s worth speaking to the Maitre d in each venue too to see if they can help. Our butler never managed to get us into anywhere and never updated us but speaking directly to the venues seems to be the best bet.

Since many pax book cruises way in advance and then jump in at 120 days to reserve, often the smaller venues are booked quickly.

I do suggest that you seek out the maitre d as has been suggested once you board, as in day 1. I would also suggest telling your butler of your wish to reserve a particular venue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I wonder if Silversea knows what a pain this reservations system is for those who are only asking to have a fair shot of using it to get into their restaurants.

Why in the world are people allowed to book multiple times which effectively shuts out other people? Why should people have to troll about looking for cancellations as a means of getting a booking?

This is nonsense. No one needs stress on a cruise ship whose restaurants are too small to accommodate those who might wish to eat there on occasion only to find that they are unfairly denied the chance to do so.

Happy and healthy sailing!

I wonder if Silversea knows what a pain this reservations system is for those who are only asking to have a fair shot of using it to get into their restaurants.

Why in the world are people allowed to book multiple times which effectively shuts out other people? Why should people have to troll about looking for cancellations as a means of getting a booking?

This is nonsense. No one needs stress on a cruise ship whose restaurants are too small to accommodate those who might wish to eat there on occasion only to find that they are unfairly denied the chance to do so.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Couldn't agree more. Especially on a luxury line. Where's the luxury inhaling to start worrying about where you're going to have dinner months in advance?

Do we know for sure if multiple advance bookings are actually allowed, or maybe each party just booked once, but planned way ahead?

If multiples are indeed allowed in advance, then the coveted space will more likely be available to special, privileged, pushy, demanding, or perhaps even secretly tipping pax, at the Maitre D’ discretion, as pax cannot see a master list of what is available to know if they are getting a fair shot. SB blocks advance multiples to the TK grill, more fair.

This would not be an issue if the food in the MDR on a luxury ship were just as good in quality as at the specialty small restaurants. So why isn’t it?

I recently got off the luxury Europa, where I preferred the MDR food and ambience to the coveted small venue Dieter Mueller, on both my trips.

Perhsps it is time for SS to raise all boats, and charge more if they need to so people are not so keen to get out of the MDR, IMHO.

This restaurant reservation deal is a problem for some on every cruise line I have ever sailed on. Some use your cabin type, some charge, some limit the number. On SS you can book all you want 120 days out and pay 60$ pp on the Muse for two. On the Muse there is no MDR, each restaurant has different types of food. Your Butler has little influence here, best to talk to the restaurant manager.

Perhsps it is time for SS to raise all boats, and charge more if they need to so people are not so keen to get out of the MDR, IMHO.

Perhaps you missed the fact that SS raised the charge for all their speciality restaurants from $40 to $60 when the Muse was launched just over a year ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perhaps you missed the fact that SS raised the charge for all their speciality restaurants from $40 to $60 when the Muse was launched just over a year ago.

I knew there is a charge for specialty dining. I assumed the problem was that people did not want to fallback dine in the MDR when they cannot get specialty reservations because food is not so good.

What I missed is that there simply is no MDR on the Muse, which hypercafe pointed out, so that is even worse as there is nowhere to eat (except room service?) unless you find something once on board . I have been on three different SS ships which had a MDR, never on Muse, so not having one and not getting reservations is even worse as you apparently have no fallback.

What is the total dining room capacity relative to total pax on Muse?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I knew there is a charge for specialty dining. I assumed the problem was that people did not want to fallback dine in the MDR when they cannot get specialty reservations because food is not so good.

What I missed is that there simply is no MDR on the Muse, which hypercafe pointed out, so that is even worse as there is nowhere to eat (except room service?) unless you find something once on board . I have been on three different SS ships which had a MDR, never on Muse, so not having one and not getting reservations is even worse as you apparently have no fallback.

What is the total dining room capacity relative to total pax on Muse?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Atlantide is a venue which does not require reservations. Indochine does not require reservations. Nor does Spaccanapoli.

I am not sure how to answer your question because there is no dining room per se.

We do make reservations in advance but not for every night.

We didn't have any issue when we arrived at Atlantide to dine, even though it is a popular venue and many consider it to be the equivalent of the MDR.

It is long overdue for SS to sort out the people who reserve in more than one restaurant for every night of the cruise and then decide on the day which one to go to.It resolves on board as the cancellations from the multi bookers take effect.In twenty years of sailing on SS we have never failed to eat where we wished without any advance booking.The problems referred to on this thread could be eliminated by restricting clients to one reservation on the Internet per evening.

Spinnaker, it is good to hear there is a fallback, i.e., pizza style food, Asian, or Atlantide, for open dining.

My question was about how many total dining seats there are for sit-down-service dining, relative to pax, in any venue.

Also, how was the quality of food and service in Atlantide compared with the reservation venues? I of course realize food is subjective but at least as far as service goes there are objective standards.

Their was plenty of choice on the Spirit. And I wouldn’t stress about reservations too much, the food on Spirit with only a couple of exceptions was superb. We only ate in Indochine once but actually enjoyed that meal more than we did la Dame. Seishin was by far our favourite and we ate there 3 times. That was $60 each extra and worth every penny. Atlantide we only visited once and that was for lunch so I can’t vouch for dinner there. We also had the hot rocks 1 night which was good and la Terrazza 1 night which was a bit disorganised but the food was good. The biggest disappointment was not being able to eat in Silver Note despite being on the waitlist for 2 months but that’s because it didn’t open till the end of the cruise.

I did do a little video of a tour of and the food on the Spirit while I was onboard.

Like Others have also said, go see the maitre d once onboard if there’s a particular venue you want to dine in. They certainly seem more able than the butler to get you in. Our butler didn’t even come back to us to let us know he hadn’t managed any of the requests we asked for. The maitre d’s (particularly in Seishin) were really helpful.

It is long overdue for SS to sort out the people who reserve in more than one restaurant for every night of the cruise and then decide on the day which one to go to.It resolves on board as the cancellations from the multi bookers take effect.In twenty years of sailing on SS we have never failed to eat where we wished without any advance booking.The problems referred to on this thread could be eliminated by restricting clients to one reservation on the Internet per evening.

From memory I thought that mySilversea would only let you book one reservation for each evening. When la Dame changed from “not available’ to “waitlist” around a week before I had to cancel my reservation already in the system before it would let me join the waitlist. The advance reservation system was a real nuisance all in all but really not worth stressing over. It is annoying though when other passengers really want to eat somewhere and can’t because people have multiple reservations and don’t let the venue know that they have changed their plans.

We have sailed with SilverSea in the past and have an upcoming trip on the Muse in October. As a practice we have laid out the excursions and the cruise dining requesting them at the 120 day mark. I was curious about the previous postings about duplicate restaurant reservations and attempted to make one - the following message appeared. "

We are sorry, but only one venue reservation per night is allowed."

I just tried to make another reservation on an evening where I already had an existing reservation.

You can't do it.

One is permitted a single reservation per evening.

It’s not the singles that are the problem it is the small groups of 4/8 that book a different restaurant in each couples name then decide on the day that in reality overbook the speciality restaurants in advance.This info came from a highly respected Maitre’d a couple of years ago.

It’s not the singles that are the problem it is the small groups of 4/8 that book a different restaurant in each couples name then decide on the day that in reality overbook the speciality restaurants in advance.This info came from a highly respected Maitre’d a couple of years ago.

If someone makes a reservation for 4 or 8 SS should require names and suite numbers for all parties in that reservation so no one can make multiple bookings for the same night. Easy fix.