Question on fall TA

Mudhen

I think we must go through Immigration/Customs at our first entry into the US. Perhaps they will bring agents on board to clear us when we leave Canadian waters? Hard to believe that the alleged "customer service" staff couldn't take a moment to research that very important question. I'm taking note of the day count, Mudhen. The summer is flying! We're spending the long week-end in London before embarking so our 35 day countdown clock ( I just made that up) has begun in earnest. Cheers all.

I think we must go through Immigration/Customs at our first entry into the US. Perhaps they will bring agents on board to clear us when we leave Canadian waters? Hard to believe that the alleged "customer service" staff couldn't take a moment to research that very important question. I'm taking note of the day count, Mudhen. The summer is flying! We're spending the long week-end in London before embarking so our 35 day countdown clock ( I just made that up) has begun in earnest. Cheers all.

LOL, so are we. We're at the Conrad St. James for a night. Just an extra day in London, but still can't wait!

Or importantly why.

Tilbury is hardly a picturesque location. It had been suggested previously it might be because the new dock at Greenwich might not be finished - but there is already a Spirit starter prior to this on the 3rd June. Silver Spirit does seem partial to a few changes recently!

For me, getting to Tilbury is actually much easier (a quick drive on the M25 and hop over Dartford Bridge), but I'd not be happy with not starting from Historical Greenwich.

There is no easy solution from Heathrow to Tilbury that's cheap, but if it were me, I'd probably tube it to a central London over night hotel near to Piccadilly line, taxi to Fenchurch street, then train to Tilbury. I did find a taxi firm offering fares "from" £75 from Heathrow to the Tilbury CT, though when I gave the details over (2 Pax 9 Sept 3 suitcases) they quoted £95

This is probably too late for most, but Budget Car Rental has a location in Dartford which is only a few miles across the bridge to Tilbury - a cheap Uber ride. We are picking up the car in Gatwick, touring for a week then dropping the car off in Dartford.