Silver Whisper Venice Embarkation

CruiseCat99

We will be staying near the airport for our pre-Venice visit and cruise. We are on the Silver Whisper, and I have been informed that the ship does not dock in the regular cruise port. We have purchased advanced tickets for both Vaparetto and the Anguila lines as many uses as we need in 72 hours. Can anyone advise me on the best way to get to the ship on embarkation day (with our luggage)?

Also, does anyone know if we can drop luggage and not board the ship until later? We may want to venture around Venice some more! Ship doesn't leave until 11pm.

Doesn't the Whisper dock at San Basilio? If so, can't you just take the vaporetto from Marco Polo airport to the ferry terminal at San Basilio?

And, yes, you can drop your luggage, check-in, and debark to continue your exploration of Venice until all aboard time.

Yes - Silver Whisper docks an San Basilio, which has a vaporetto stop very close to the terminal building. Silver Whisper will be docked close by.

The Alilaguna blue line takes you from Marco Polo airport to the regular cruise terminal (Marittima). From there you can take the #2 vaporetto to San Basilio. Or take the ATVO busses from the airport to Piazzale Roma and then the #2 vaporetto to San Basilio. The bus transit time is much shorter than the Alilaguna.

The Alilaguna blue line takes you from Marco Polo airport to the regular cruise terminal (Marittima). From there you can take the #2 vaporetto to San Basilio. Or take the ATVO busses from the airport to Piazzale Roma and then the #2 vaporetto to San Basilio. The bus transit time is much shorter than the Alilaguna.
Thanks for the additional context MKBruce! Good point on the bus transit time. The romantic in me was thinking only about coming into Venice on the water. And, of course, I forgot to mention the necessary transfer at Marittima.