Lenses to take on cruise

Hmm, do you need that zoom in the Med?

Never been there, but I'd imagine the 24-70 might be more useful.

I do recommend taking the zoom. I've been on several Med cruises and use the zoom for details on buildings or ruins that you just can't get close enough to. I even bring a bridge camera (40X) that I will take off the ship when I think I need to get even closer. Here is a picture from Athens using the bridge camera.

enhance

So I was just asking myself the same question. We’re doing a 10day Med cruise on NCL in Aug. I have a Nikon D850, and I was thinking of bringing 3 Lens:

50mm 1.4

12-24mm 1.8

70-200mm 2.8

I’d really like to bring a 24-70mm 2.8 to use on ship and as a walkabout, but I think the 50mm will have to do. Also bringing my travel tripod and monopod.

Park the 70-200 and take the 24-70 instead. That's my vote. I'm a big believer that it's not necessary to cover every millimeter from one end to the other, but I'm also not one to leave the 24-70 range covered with just a 50 and to only have one camera. Two cameras, sure, one camera, nope.

Sorry for being late but for a professional crop sensor Nikon I'd seriously consider the

"Nikon Nikkor 17-55mm F/2.8 G" It's one of the few professional DX lenses that Nikon makes. Buy used in the 5 - 6 hundred dollar range.

framer

I do like having a zoom, but I would want more lower range for the med. I'd skip the 50 unless I planned to take a lot of night shots, carry the 24-70 and 70-200 (all else being fairly equal) or even better rent an 18-300 or 18-400.