Looking Forward To New 2018 Refurbished Norwegian Sun

GPSCruiser

I uploaded a video on the most popular video viewing website with 25 minutes of video of the Norwegian Sun on our recent cruise.

Thanks for the video tour! Any observations on updates to cabins? Were they refreshed with new furniture, bedding and decor? If so would love to see cabin photos!

One last question! Can you describe your experience with the new open bar? Pros/cons? Long lines?

Thanks!

Thanks for the video tour! Any observations on updates to cabins? Were they refreshed with new furniture, bedding and decor? If so would love to see cabin photos!

One last question! Can you describe your experience with the new open bar? Pros/cons? Long lines?

Thanks!

Yes, the link posted is the correct video. I was in an inside cabin and it didn't look any different than the pictures pre-dry dock (but I hadn't been on the ship before). Someone above mentioned "blue color motif with new artwork, new bed covers and pillows". Our inside cabin didn't have blue color motif and no new artwork. I don't know about the bed covers and pillows.

Our trip was not an open bar. I believe that started on the cruises after ours going to Bahamas and Cuba.

If anyone on this thread is on a 3 day Sun cruise, I would love to see the dailies. If no one has posted by the time I go, I will try to post copies.

I would also be interested in seeing the dailies for this 3 Day cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your pictures look great! Thank you for posting. :)

Thank you. I realized today how many areas I missed. I only had 18 days but you think you have lots if time for pictures and then it’s the last day!!

Had a wonderful time and met some wonderful cruisers from the CC roll call.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Just scheduled with Norwegian Sun for June 8, Inside "guarantee" cabin. Slightly apprehensive. I normally sail on Holland America...and, never had an inside room. I hope we made a good decision. This was an impromptu trip with a friend. Wish me luck...lol.

Just scheduled with Norwegian Sun for June 8, Inside "guarantee" cabin. Slightly apprehensive. I normally sail on Holland America...and, never had an inside room. I hope we made a good decision. This was an impromptu trip with a friend. Wish me luck...lol.

I have an older friend who sails Holland, he says they have one party a year..NYE....I wish you luck.

Just off the Sun, wonderful time!

It was obvious that the ship was upgraded and the staff all seemed happy, never a sad face or unkind comment.

Food was Ok to good... The Japanese "steakhouse" was superb, more food than you can eat. The Mexican place is where you go to Teppanyake (sp?) and the bar serves great margaritas, some cost but the "regular" one was great and the price was right - Free!

Key West we did not get off due to having to use a trolley/conch train AND the rain... raining sideways!

Cuba was a blast and we used "Blexie" for our tour - driver and guide in a 57 Chevy (with A/C!) for $130 - plus tip ($160 for us).

blexie100588@gmail.com

A great time and I do recommend Blexie! Cuba is "checked" for me...

We had a mini-suite and sadly I think we are hooked... Sad because of the price, but the bathroom made it worth it. Big tub ( I am 6-1 and wide shoulders, had a nice soaking bath!) The bath was a separate area in the cabin with a door into the area. It had place for the wife to do makeup, nice closet with room to change and behind another frosted glass door is the bathtub and toilet.

The cabin was very nice as well with bed/sleeper sofa and area with more drawers, refrig, place for writing (with chair) and cabinets above for whatever. Did I mention that there was another makeup mirror/mini desk right outside the bathroom? If you had more than one person wanting to do makeup you had two!

Did the Sky last year and either because of the mini-suite or upgrades the Sun was a much better cruise. I would do another cruise on Her, maybe a bit longer.

I had an inside guarantee for 6/1. Ended up receiving a mid ship interior, handicap accessible cabin on deck 9. Very spacious.

It was a Bahamas booze cruise. The “clientele” was a little on the undesirable spectrum. Food and service was below standard I’ve received on other lines. But not terrible (a few dishes were inedible). Entertainment was awful. But you get what you pay for. Less than $300pp with an open bar, you won’t find that deal anywhere else.

I enjoyed GSC. Overall that stop and the free alcohol were the highlights of the trip. I might go on the Sun again, it was an impromptu 3 day getaway that served its purpose. I wouldn’t pay much more than $300pp. Higher than that is not worth it, in my opinion.

With the $19.99 DSC and inflated port fees / taxes compared to other lines, total price was $950 or so for 2 adults.

Go with low expectations and you’ll have a good time. It’s a cruise, it will be fun. But you have to understand what you’re getting into.

• 1 month later...

The inside on the Sun are larger than most imo. It was like a travel trailer with a slide out if that makes sense. We were on the 18 day Panama Canal transition cruise and the inside was comfortable.

• 1 month later...

Sorry. Thought I asked about this but can't find the thread. Curious about electrical outlets in the bathroom post renovation on the Sun. Is it still only a single outlet for a razor? I have an electric toothbrush and a waterpik type device I was hoping to use.

The toothbrush I could charge in the room. The waterpik would need to be in the bathroom (duh). If there is only the razor outlet, maybe I need to find a different type of portable waterpik that I could charge in the room.

Sorry. Thought I asked about this but can't find the thread. Curious about electrical outlets in the bathroom post renovation on the Sun. Is it still only a single outlet for a razor? I have an electric toothbrush and a waterpik type device I was hoping to use.

The toothbrush I could charge in the room. The waterpik would need to be in the bathroom (duh). If there is only the razor outlet, maybe I need to find a different type of portable waterpik that I could charge in the room.

I did the 3 day weekend cruise (Aug. 24th sailing). The areas that have been redone are very nice. However, the bathrooms have not been updated at all.

They did add USB chargers in the room. These are on the lights next to the beds. This allowed us to free up the regular wall plug ins for other things. Have fun on your cruise!

I did the 3 day weekend cruise (Aug. 24th sailing). The areas that have been redone are very nice. However, the bathrooms have not been updated at all.

They did add USB chargers in the room. These are on the lights next to the beds. This allowed us to free up the regular wall plug ins for other things. Have fun on your cruise!

Thanks. So just the one outlet in the bathroom then? And only for razors I suppose?