My review of the Sun - 3 day Bahamas Cruise

Booboochase

Here we go - short and sweet (mostly :D)

Arrived at the port about 12:30 - probably took about a half hour to get onboard. Rooms were ready at 1:30. Booked a mini suite, originally I had a bid in but the prices got so low I booked it about 2 weeks out. Loved the mini suite - huge bathroom. But, the tub is very high and would be difficult for anyone with mobility issues. I would have preferred a large shower. Our room steward, Rey, did a fantastic job and was so nice.

The ship looked very nice - you could tell it had just been refurbished. However - they continued the refurbishment by painting our balcony an entire afternoon. Not cool.

The crew was friendly.

The food in the MDR... Only ate there for dinner each night - So bad. SOOOO bad. I'm no foodie, but it was very bad. And the servers did not really seem to want to be there. Maybe they tried the food.

The pizza and the fries in other areas were good. That about covers that.

We stayed on the ship in Nassau.

GSC is beautiful. We had a small cabana, lots of great seating, service was great, the food from the $50 credit was very good. We loved the cabana. It especially came in handy during the deluge, but once that passed it was beautiful weather. I didn't see the large cabanas, but the small ones would be difficult for anyone with mobility issues to go near the water. Some had steep ramps, ours had a small, steep sandy hill down to the beach, and a bit of a walk to get to the cabanas from the tender.

The lounges on the ship were all great.

Debarkation was quick - we walked off with our suitcases at 7:30.

Would I cruise The Sun again? I would probably do the weekend cruise again, but I can't imagine a longer one with the food quality. Overall, it was a great cruise! And the drinks included with no card swiping is awesome.:cool:

The food in the MDR... Only ate there for dinner each night - So bad. SOOOO bad. I'm no foodie, but it was very bad. And the servers did not really seem to want to be there. Maybe they tried the food.

:cool:

We ate in the MDR for every meal available as I despise buffets (which they sure did push you to eat at on this ship). I can confirm lunch on day one was even worse than dinner. Couldn't believe we had to send back an entree so early in the trip (this is something we've rarely ever had to do at a land restaurant). Also sent back the piece of rubber they tried to pass off as steak later that night for dinner.

No issues with breakfast though, but the menu is so basic, it's kind of hard to screw up.

The main buffet on GSC looked less than appetizing, so I sought out the taco place. I must say, the chicken and beef were quite good. Several toppings available including salsa and guacamole.

In comparison to sailings on Royal Caribbean and Carnival, NCL Sun's food was hands down the absolute worst I've ever been served on a ship.