Carnival Valor Out Of Galveston - First Day Questions

Hello Everyone!

I will be doing a 5 night cruise from Galveston in a few weeks. I cruised the Carnival Valor last year, but our boarding experience & first day was a little different due to getting on the day Tropical Storm Cyndi made landfall (boarding was delayed).

1. Someone in my family (not me) is a Platinum VIFP member. Will she be able to enter the terminal right away? Our cruise is out of Terminal #2 in Galveston. I know at Galveston's Terminal #1 Platinum/Diamond cruisers get to enter the building a little before the staggered check-in process begins for everyone else, but was wondering if this is the case for terminal #2.

2. On the Carnival Valor the muster stations are outside on Deck 4 (unfortunately). Someone in my family, due a series of medical issues that occurred last year, cannot stand outside in the heat for the entire length of the drill. She already contacted Carnival to ask about the alternative special needs/assistance muster station and they told her to inquire at Guest Services the day of embarkation. Does anyone know where this special muster station meets? Any information on this would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Plat passenger will be able to check in early and board when Plat/Diam passengers are called.

Special needs passengers will meet in one of the dinning rooms or possibility the library. It changes from cruise to cruise.

Hello Everyone!

I will be doing a 5 night cruise from Galveston in a few weeks. I cruised the Carnival Valor last year, but our boarding experience & first day was a little different due to getting on the day Tropical Storm Cyndi made landfall (boarding was delayed).

1. Someone in my family (not me) is a Platinum VIFP member. Will she be able to enter the terminal right away? Our cruise is out of Terminal #2 in Galveston. I know at Galveston's Terminal #1 Platinum/Diamond cruisers get to enter the building a little before the staggered check-in process begins for everyone else, but was wondering if this is the case for terminal #2.

2. On the Carnival Valor the muster stations are outside on Deck 4 (unfortunately). Someone in my family, due a series of medical issues that occurred last year, cannot stand outside in the heat for the entire length of the drill. She already contacted Carnival to ask about the alternative special needs/assistance muster station and they told her to inquire at Guest Services the day of embarkation. Does anyone know where this special muster station meets? Any information on this would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Special needs muster typically meets in the dining room on the 4th deck. All you have to do is show up, and you are good to go. Double check with guest services when you board to check location. They let special needs muster go before general muster if you need to make use of the elevator.

I will also be on the Valor in a few weeks. I love the conquest class, getting on board the Valor is like coming home, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

The Special Needs team for Carnival is WONDERFUL. My dad needs a wheelchair for going distances of anything more than a few feet, and the cruise I took him on last fall was the first time traveling with his limited mobility. I had a ton of questions, and the Special Needs team walked me through everything, step by step. The muster drill with his "special need" was the easiest I'd ever done.

how did you find out which terminal the ship was leaving from?

Typically, when the Carnival Valor and Carnival Freedom are docked in Galveston on the same day (usually every other Saturday this happens) the Carnival Freedom gets Terminal #1 and the Carnival Valor gets Terminal #2. The Port of Galveston has a scheduled posted on their website that confirms this.