Departing on Dawn out of San Juan, PR

Gampy1967

When I called NCL, they said that the March 24, 2019 sailing of the Dawn is scheduled to depart out of Pier 4 West in Old San Juan. I thought that they always departed out of the Pan American Pier area as Carnival controls Pier 4. Can anyone who recently departed out of San Juan clarify. I think NCL customer Service may be wrong but was wondering from someone who may have recently sailed on NCL out of San Juan. Thanks.

I suggest waiting at least 7 or 8 months before worrying about the answer to the question. It is entirely possible that things may change many times between now and your departure.

I suggest waiting at least 7 or 8 months before worrying about the answer to the question. It is entirely possible that things may change many times between now and your departure.

good advise: I can't imagine anyone concerned about this right now. I am more concerned about the fall weather before our Feb cruise and deciding what ports to plan excursions in. Maybe as we get closer we will feel the importance to the question.

When I called NCL, they said that the March 24, 2019 sailing of the Dawn is scheduled to depart out of Pier 4 West in Old San Juan. I thought that they always departed out of the Pan American Pier area as Carnival controls Pier 4. Can anyone who recently departed out of San Juan clarify. I think NCL customer Service may be wrong but was wondering from someone who may have recently sailed on NCL out of San Juan. Thanks.

We were on the Dawn out of Puerto Rico in November. We were told and received documentation that we would leave from Pier 4 West in May. We found out later (before the hurricanes) that we were leaving out of the Pan American Pier. We are sailing again out of Puerto Rico in February and are planning on leaving out of the Pan American Pier, no matter what NCL initially tells us.

Since you are likely trying to book a hotel, I would not book in Old San Juan for the sole reason of being close to the pier. We actually booked our hotel months ago trying to find a decent price. We settled on the Best Western Condado. If I can find something better, we will change but I'm happy with the choice for now.

good advise: I can't imagine anyone concerned about this right now. I am more concerned about the fall weather before our Feb cruise and deciding what ports to plan excursions in. Maybe as we get closer we will feel the importance to the question.

They are probably trying to book a hotel close to the port. It's a completely logical question. We searched for information on the same thing last year when we sailed out of Puerto Rico.

We were on the Dawn out of Puerto Rico in November. We were told and received documentation that we would leave from Pier 4 West in May. We found out later (before the hurricanes) that we were leaving out of the Pan American Pier. We are sailing again out of Puerto Rico in February and are planning on leaving out of the Pan American Pier, no matter what NCL initially tells us.

Since you are likely trying to book a hotel, I would not book in Old San Juan for the sole reason of being close to the pier. We actually booked our hotel months ago trying to find a decent price. We settled on the Best Western Condado. If I can find something better, we will change but I'm happy with the choice for now.

Thank you for your response. That is kind of what I thought that it was typically Pan American. I realize it can obviously change but it seems like it is always Pan American, We are staying at the La Concha Renaissance Hotel ourselves.

Thank you for your response. That is kind of what I thought that it was typically Pan American. I realize it can obviously change but it seems like it is always Pan American, We are staying at the La Concha Renaissance Hotel ourselves.

I haven't paid a ton of attention but I have seen them use both piers over the last couple years but Pan Am does seem to be the most common.

La Concha is a great hotel with a nice beach.