Cruise to the Caribbean in late June/early July - folly or wisdom?

Cruises to the Caribbean in late June or early July are really going at a relatively cheap price. I take it that this is because of the risk of hurricanes. Or not? Would you book a cruise to the Caribbean in late June?

Cruises to the Caribbean in late June or early July are really going at a relatively cheap price. I take it that this is because of the risk of hurricanes. Or not? Would you book a cruise to the Caribbean in late June?

I would go You never know what the weather will do but early July should still be fine

We went late August last year and had beautiful weather and seas

I should say that we sailed right in between two hurricanes!! One hurricane the week before our cruise and two hurricanes one week after our cruise! We were really fortunate.

Good Luck picking a cruise

Happy Cruising

• 2 weeks later...

Personally DH and I would never cruise the Eastern or Western Caribbean in the dead of summer! High 90’s or 100’s with high humidity is way too hot for me. Those islands are delightful in the winter, with temps in the low 80’s with sunny sky’s and no hurricanes to worry about. Plus the kids are in school.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This will be my first summer cruise. It's actually been cooler in the ports we're going to than it has been in Iowa. Plus when I go in the winter, I like to get a tan . Don't have to worry about that in the summer so it gives me more time to do other things.

If the price is right I'd go in a heartbeat! Used to live in St. Thomas and St. John, sure it's a little bit warmer and more humid in summer, but then so is home (we live in the mid-Atlantic). Worried about hurricane season? Buy travel insurance that covers you for it....

Carolyn

Living in Florida for 40 years and traveling the Caribbean many times in June, we have never had a trouble with Hurricanes at that time. Peak Hurricane times are late August to Early October.

But there is always that weird one that pops up, like the Sub Tropical one we had in May. Never came to anything but a lot of rain. We had a weird winter this year as well, very dry and cold. That would mean the tropical waters are not warm enough to feed a hurricane yet.

We are going on a Western Caribbean Cruise at the end of June.

But I do have to agree with the others it is very hot and humid at this time of the year.

Hope this helps and puts your mind at ease.

Enjoy your cruise[emoji2]!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Living in Florida for 40 years and traveling the Caribbean many times in June, we have never had a trouble with Hurricanes at that time. Peak Hurricane times are late August to Early October.

But there is always that weird one that pops up, like the Sub Tropical one we had in May. Never came to anything but a lot of rain. We had a weird winter this year as well, very dry and cold. That would mean the tropical waters are not warm enough to feed a hurricane yet.

We are going on a Western Caribbean Cruise at the end of June.

But I do have to agree with the others it is very hot and humid at this time of the year.

Hope this helps and puts your mind at ease.

Enjoy your cruise[emoji2]!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

And this occurred to me belatedly after we paid off our cruise. Aug 20 to the Bahamas. Contemplating insurance.