Compliments to NCL DAWN

roupa

Reading this makes me look forward to my cruise even more. I have one question. What time does disembarking begin and if you do self disembarking can you be off the ship by 9:30? I am trying to schedule a car service to pick us up. DH does not like to drive in Boston. If he left me with the luggage while he went to park I may never see him again! LOL! We will save alot of anxiety and stress this way.

Walk-Off with luggage may start about a half hour after arriving - after securing the lines and running the

gangway out to the ship - clearing any CBI points depending on arriving from a US city or from Bermuda.

So sometime after 8 am off you go - perhaps in your hired car* and out of the pier area by 8:30 am

and of course factor the YMMV if there are snags in the schedule.

*Best to have cell phone communication with hired car.

Reading this makes me look forward to my cruise even more. I have one question. What time does disembarking begin and if you do self disembarking can you be off the ship by 9:30? I am trying to schedule a car service to pick us up. DH does not like to drive in Boston. If he left me with the luggage while he went to park I may never see him again! LOL! We will save alot of anxiety and stress this way.

FYI: The parking lot is right next to the ship.

We just got off the Dawn today, June 8th. We sailed on her in 2014. I thought everything was much improved. The food was very good, we ate at the Venetian, Aqua, O`Sheehans, Garden Café, Topsiders, Bimini Grill, La Cucina. No complaints at all. The service was very good, the shows were fun, and all the lounges were great. The wait on the last night at Venetian was unexpected, but it was worth the wait. We ate there 3 nights.

Enjoy the Dawn this year, because she won`t be here next year.

Last year we were off the ship, and at our favorite breakfast place in Weymouth, by 9:15 am!

I had a car service pick us up at 9:30AM. We decided not to carry all our luggage off by ourselves. We tagged them with green tags, meaning we would disembark at 9:10AM. They actually called us to disembark at 9AM, and we found luggage, had the porter bring them outside, and our car service texted me that he was waiting for us. We were out of there with time to spare.

I had a car service pick us up at 9:30AM. We decided not to carry all our luggage off by ourselves. We tagged them with green tags, meaning we would disembark at 9:10AM. They actually called us to disembark at 9AM, and we found luggage, had the porter bring them outside, and our car service texted me that he was waiting for us. We were out of there with time to spare.

Thank you for the information. I will leave the time of pickup for 9:30.

I am hearing that no shorts are allowed in any restaurants??

totally untrue. In fact the Dawn might be the most casual ship we have ever sailed. Le Bristro is strict about the dress code and so is the aft dining room. We did see people turned away for wearing shorts and plain T Shirts but other than that, we saw almost everything.

totally untrue. In fact the Dawn might be the most casual ship we have ever sailed. Le Bristro is strict about the dress code and so is the aft dining room. We did see people turned away for wearing shorts and plain T Shirts but other than that, we saw almost everything.

We saw people in the Venetian dinning room with T shirts, shorts, even baseball hats. I was surprised because they were suppose to be smart casual.