Cuba no longer on Insignia 7-1-2018 itinerary chosen for Cuba stop

Cinnamon Seahorse

We've had no notification from Oceania, and earlier this week Oceania had us complete the paperwork for our Cuba visa. Now, the Oceania site and another app are both showing that the Cuba stop has been scrapped.

Any suggestions? I've been dreading the thought of the Caribbean in July, but it was worth it only because of the chance to visit Havana.

Does anyone have any idea of the likelihood of being able to cancel at this point and get a full refund? Our category is showing wait list.

Thanks for sharing any similar experiences, Carla

We've had no notification from Oceania, and earlier this week Oceania had us complete the paperwork for our Cuba visa. Now, the Oceania site and another app are both showing that the Cuba stop has been scrapped.

Any suggestions? I've been dreading the thought of the Caribbean in July, but it was worth it only because of the chance to visit Havana.

Does anyone have any idea of the likelihood of being able to cancel at this point and get a full refund? Our category is showing wait list.

Thanks for sharing any similar experiences, Carla

The terms and conditions for all aspects of a cruise are posted on the web site.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions/

Here's the text regarding cancellations on a voyage less than 15 days. Longer voyages are refunded at different rates, but they're spelled out, too.

Cancellation and Refunds Policy

All cancellations must be in writing and received by Oceania Cruises no later than the day before cancellation penalties are to be assessed. Fare is defined as the full cost of any cruise or air component purchased from Oceania Cruises, excluding optional facilities and services fees. Please refer to the full Terms and Conditions of the Guest Ticket/Contract for fees relating to the cancellation of optional facilities and services.

The following cancellation charges will be assessed for all written cancellations received up to the scheduled time of departure.

Cruises of less than 15 Days:

DAYS PRIOR TO CRUISE SAIL DATE - CANCELLATION AMOUNT

• 91-120 Days Prior - $250 per person administrative fee++
  • 76-90 Days Prior - 25% of Fare
  • 61-75 Days Prior - 50% of Fare
  • 31-60 Days Prior - 75% of Fare
  • 0-30 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

You'll have to figure how far you are out from your cruise and where that falls on the refund percentages.

In the last week or so we received our "cruise vacation guide" for the July 1, 2018 Insignia cruise and Havana is listed as the first port and all the shore excursions are available for booking. Looks like the other website had some incorrect information. Happy Mother's Day!

• 3 weeks later...

Columbia was indeed the initial stop...on July 4th, no less! My wife and I were ecstatic when we learned of the substitution for Havana though — now we can finally compare our experience to that of our dear Canadian friends!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I have my Booking Statement which summarizes my booking. There is no mention of a $250 Admin fee being held back upon cancellation. If they don't supply that in writing to you on your contract how could it be enforceable?

The terms and conditions for all aspects of a cruise are posted on the web site.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions/

Here's the text regarding cancellations on a voyage less than 15 days. Longer voyages are refunded at different rates, but they're spelled out, too.

Cancellation and Refunds Policy

All cancellations must be in writing and received by Oceania Cruises no later than the day before cancellation penalties are to be assessed. Fare is defined as the full cost of any cruise or air component purchased from Oceania Cruises, excluding optional facilities and services fees. Please refer to the full Terms and Conditions of the Guest Ticket/Contract for fees relating to the cancellation of optional facilities and services.

The following cancellation charges will be assessed for all written cancellations received up to the scheduled time of departure.

Cruises of less than 15 Days:

DAYS PRIOR TO CRUISE SAIL DATE - CANCELLATION AMOUNT

• 91-120 Days Prior - $250 per person administrative fee++
  • 76-90 Days Prior - 25% of Fare
  • 61-75 Days Prior - 50% of Fare
  • 31-60 Days Prior - 75% of Fare
  • 0-30 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

You'll have to figure how far you are out from your cruise and where that falls on the refund percentages.

Hi Folks,

I have my Booking Statement which summarizes my booking. There is no mention of a $250 Admin fee being held back upon cancellation. If they don't supply that in writing to you on your contract how could it be enforceable?

what does it have on your invoice for Guest Cancellation Schedule on Page 2 ?

This is what mine shows for our upcoming July cruise

must have changed the penalties but not on the website

The following cancellation charges will be assessed for all cancellations received prior to departure up to the scheduled time of departure.

121 days or more prior to departure 0% of full fare

120 to 91 days prior to departure 16-Mar-18 to 14-Apr-18 350 per person

90 to 76 days prior to departure 15-Apr-18 to 29-Apr-18 25% of full fare

75 to 61 days prior to departure 30-Apr-18 to 14-May-18 50% of full fare

60 to 31 days prior to departure 15-May-18 to 13-Jun-18 75% of full fare

30 days or less prior to departure 100% of full fare

what does it have on your invoice for Guest Cancellation Schedule on Page 2 ?

This is what mine shows for our upcoming July cruise

must have changed the penalties but not on the website

The following cancellation charges will be assessed for all cancellations received prior to departure up to the scheduled time of departure.

121 days or more prior to departure 0% of full fare

120 to 91 days prior to departure 16-Mar-18 to 14-Apr-18 350 per person

90 to 76 days prior to departure 15-Apr-18 to 29-Apr-18 25% of full fare

75 to 61 days prior to departure 30-Apr-18 to 14-May-18 50% of full fare

60 to 31 days prior to departure 15-May-18 to 13-Jun-18 75% of full fare

30 days or less prior to departure 100% of full fare

$350 pp between 91 and 120 days prior to departure?

Ours says $250 pp, and we booked relatively recently (but not within the past few days or that recently).

GC