Singapore - Videos of my country that I made

Iluvcruising2

Prawn noodles in soup? Which stall?

After a morning walk through Little Arabia we normally make our way to the Wiseng Food Place on Jin Sultan. Freezing beer and some nice stalls. The locals enjoy seeing the steam come out of my ears with that dish.

7a63175cd3e1b0b643abdf88683444f0.jpg

bb7b4335722ef6add058dae04d7ee0d7.jpg

c438d67a0fba7b96235c79caf3241aeb.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wiseng+food+place&prmd=misvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiF1Le_yc3aAhUJCsAKHe8xApAQ_AUIEigC&biw=991&bih=913&dpr=2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

North Korean Leader Kim is likely to stay at the St Regis during the upcoming Trump Kim Summit held in Singapore. Co-incidentally, I had 2 nice dinners there in recent months.

This was a formal wedding dinner.

[YOUTUBE]vReouYecjpY[/YOUTUBE]

Another nice dinner, somebody threw a big party. Same hotel, same ballroom. Exquisite occasions.

[YOUTUBE]KFldfGIw5tg[/YOUTUBE]

Some views of Singapore. You can see Tanjong Pagar container terminal, which has been vacated. Now full of cars waiting to be shipped.

[YOUTUBE]uxTtx59cK78[/YOUTUBE]

Great views of sunny Singapore, and you can see Marina Bay Sands in the distance.

[YOUTUBE]7WiSiMzuJNQ[/YOUTUBE]

After falling in love with Singapore on a cruise last year, we just spent a week just in Singapore and LOVED it!

All the delicious food (we love the local food in hawker centers), the diversity, the multicultural experience of the city etc. etc.

Witnessing how the people of different origins, different cultures and religions get along is heartwarming. More than once have we asked ourselves: Singapore, what is your secret?

We stayed at the brand new Andaz Hotel - one of the nicest hotels ever!!! Beautiful design, but the people really make the difference! Never felt so much „at home“ in any other hotel.

We truly envy you for living in such a beautiful country!

What a week it has been. The Trump-Kim summit came, and went. Probably the event of the year for Singapore. North Korean official TV produced an official documentary, for their people to watch. Here is the documentary, which I took the liberty to add some comments and text as the documentary proceeded. Plenty of good footage of my country, because Kim went on a mini-night tour of Singapore, visiting Gardens by the Bay (Flower Dome), Marina Bay Sands (Skypark) and the Esplanade.

[YOUTUBE]jOJSHBrZTUA[/YOUTUBE]

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Resorts World Sentosa recently. This short clip shows the outside of Universal Studios, and opposite there are restaurants, as well as Hard Rock Cafe Sentosa.

[YOUTUBE]s9vG3UaUr_Y[/YOUTUBE]

Decided to have my lunch at Hard Rock Cafe Sentosa because they offered good lunch deals (3 courses) at $15 nett. I chose the ribs. Check it out!

[YOUTUBE]ZFqYCzlai4I[/YOUTUBE]

And this video shows you the Hard Rock Cafe drinks menu. All prices in Singapore dollars.

[YOUTUBE]F9LB3JL12HA [/YOUTUBE]

It is Durian season in Singapore! The "King of Fruits"! Either you love it or hate it. This season, there is a bumper harvest from Malaysia, and the prices are significantly lower compared to last year. Check out this Durian store at a Town Center. Mao Shan Wang durians were going for $12/kg.

[YOUTUBE]abVkY19aOQY[/YOUTUBE]

While my wife and I don't buy Durians to eat, I'll join in when my fellowship group decides to indulge! Here are some videos of us enjoying Durians.

2018 Video. Durian feast!

[YOUTUBE]1IZG7qNMUuo[/YOUTUBE]

Durian - home delivery, from 2015.

[YOUTUBE]KUSU_Tdjpu4[/YOUTUBE]

• 4 weeks later...

Spotted a line of coconut trees along South Buona Vista Road.

[YOUTUBE]IrVbbNbUji8[/YOUTUBE]

Mickey Mouse goes local in SIngapore! This exhibition was fascinating. Mickey decked out in local colours.

[YOUTUBE]uKmJqifxKGQ[/YOUTUBE]

Some roasted chicken rice in Singapore, which was absolutely delicious!

[YOUTUBE]2-Zz2pIZHbw[/YOUTUBE]

At Vivo City Singapore, raising funds for charity. People were raising funds for charity.

[YOUTUBE]vOmz2pkeo9c[/YOUTUBE]

Some more videos from the top of Orchard Road.

Probably the toilet with the best views on Orchard Road.

[YOUTUBE]nlN5u5R6f6Y[/YOUTUBE]

Taking the lift up to Orchard ION 55th storey.

[YOUTUBE]I4MlP4zac9g[/YOUTUBE]

Salt Grill and Sky Bar - Orchard ION. Had a good lunch here.

[YOUTUBE]Mh4j3aOmY3g[/YOUTUBE]

• 4 weeks later...

There is a relatively new Courtyard by Marriott at the Novena area, which is right next to Novena MRT station. This is how the oustside looks like.

zzB4cEVptW0

The hotel has a very nice cafe on the 22nd storey, called Sky 22. Went there for lunch and the views were awesome.

UqL24iuxTXY

On a separate note, here is the Marina Bay waterfront, from the Marina Bay Sands Shoppes. This place would be even more beautiful at night!

[YOUTUBE]5_rLSyqEzPw[/YOUTUBE]

We will be in Singapore on 14 March, prior to our Singapore to Dubai cruise. By all accounts, Singapore should be lots of fun.

Your driving videos don't really sell your country, but good try.

Hi if you are interested visiting neighboring country Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia Please let me know, I have a condo there.

Special rates for cruisers.

Edited by verizon

• 3 months later...
On 12/27/2018 at 4:04 AM, mom says said:

What a shame that all of your hard work can't be viewed! I always enjoyed watching your videos. Thanks for reposting the one about Marina Bay Cruise Terminal. We'll be seeing it in person next month.

Welcome to Singapore!  Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Since the end of the year is around the corner, check out this video from the local Singapore Police Force, singing Auld Lang Syne. Quite neat isn't it? Those are all real Police officers.

A food video.  Having some food at a food court at Clementi Mall, which is located next to Clementi MRT station, in the heartlands of Singapore.

Muscat Street is a tourist attraction in Singapore.  This is what it looks like.  Masjid Sultan (Jawi: مسجد سلطان), or Sultan Mosque, is a mosque located at Muscat Street and North Bridge Road within the Kampong Glam precinct of the district of Rochor in Singapore. It was named after Sultan Hussain Shah. In 1975, it was designated a national monument

This video shows you the Food Court at Raffles City, which sits on top of City Hall MRT station.  If you are passing through the area, or if you are staying at the Fairmont, be sure to check out this food court for relatively cheap eats.  Located on level 4 of Raffles City.  Just take the escalators.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

In Singapore, we have a shortage of labour.  Hence, businesses are looking for new ways to reduce reliance on manpower.  The following videos illustrate.

See the many robots moving around, for tray return at a Singapore Food Court located at Toa Payoh MRT station.  It makes it easier for customers to return their trays after consuming their food.  I was surprised at the number of robots deployed, five to six, and in a crowded area with high traffic. Cool.

This video shows you a robotic check out concept by this company called honestbee.  This place is hard to get to without a car, so I wouldn't bother if I were a tourist. 

The firemen in Singapore now have robots to help them fight fires.  All very cool. Obviously it is much safer to send a robot to fight a fire, than send a fireman into the thick of the action.  

Spotted this fully automated cleaning machine, cleaning the floors of Changi Airport Terminal 4 - Changi's newest terminal.  I guess you could call this a cleaning robot! 

Thanks for your posts. Cannot wait to get to Singapore.   Question...we will be at Hilton Garden Inn.  Had an eyeglasses mishap. Not enough time to get new ones made. Is there a reputable place where I can get my lenses made to fit into my original  frames quickly? Place put my new lenses into the wrong frames. I also have the prescription. 

19 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

Thanks for your posts. Cannot wait to get to Singapore.   Question...we will be at Hilton Garden Inn.  Had an eyeglasses mishap. Not enough time to get new ones made. Is there a reputable place where I can get my lenses made to fit into my original  frames quickly? Place put my new lenses into the wrong frames. I also have the prescription. 

How long will you be in SIngapore? We have many reputable spectacle shops in Singapore that should be able to help.

For me, I go to a shop called OwnDays.  They have branches all over SIngapore and they are well known for being able to make new spectacles for their customers within 30 minutes to the hour.  This is their website - https://www.owndays.com/sg/en/

GIven the location of your hotel, the following branches may be suitable.

You may want to check out their website to see all their locations - https://www.owndays.com/sg/en/shop/

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Happy New Year everybody!  Best wishes for 2019.

On the last day of 2018, I decided to continue my exercise and did a long walk on my treadmill, while the torrential rain poured.  You could say that this was the exercise before the party. 

On the first day 2019, we decided to have lunch at this eatery called Dian Xiao Er, which has many outlets all over Singapore.  This particular outlet was at the Marina Square Mall - this mall is connected to hotels like Pan Pacific, Marina Mandarin, and Mandarin Oriental.  Awesome food!

Let me repost some earlier videos of Marina Square Mall and the connected hotels. Pan Pacific Hotel walking to Esplanade MRT.

Marina Square Mall - Marina Mandarin Hotel, Singapore.

A meal with the family at Tung Lok Teahouse, which is located at a shopping Mall called Square 2, on top of Novena MRT station. (And also near the Oasia Hotel at Novena, as well as the new Courtyard by Marriott).  This was a set dinner, priced at SGD $88++ (i.e. before 10% service charge and 7% GST).  Together with some coca-cola, the meal came up to around $110 SGD.

At the same mall there was there was a band called KAYNA, from Ecuador, playing their music in the atrium of the shopping mall.  Fascinating.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wanted to thank you for posting all of the videos which were very helpful.  It's sad that they are no longer there but I was able to view many of them over the past year.

We just returned from a pre and post cruise stay in Singapore and can say that it's one of the most amazing cities we have ever visited.  We stayed two nights pre-cruise at the JW Marriott and one night post -cruise at the Marina Bay Sands.  Both were amazing.  We also came back to Singapore mid-cruise as our 11 day cruise was really two back to back cruises.  So we saw quite a bit of your city (Esplanade, Raffles Long Bar, China Town, Little India, Gardens by the Bay, Merlion, swimming at the Skypark, hawker stalls...), but there's still lots to see.  We will return someday!

Julie

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 4:43 AM, azbirdmom said:

I wanted to thank you for posting all of the videos which were very helpful.  It's sad that they are no longer there but I was able to view many of them over the past year.

We just returned from a pre and post cruise stay in Singapore and can say that it's one of the most amazing cities we have ever visited.  We stayed two nights pre-cruise at the JW Marriott and one night post -cruise at the Marina Bay Sands.  Both were amazing.  We also came back to Singapore mid-cruise as our 11 day cruise was really two back to back cruises.  So we saw quite a bit of your city (Esplanade, Raffles Long Bar, China Town, Little India, Gardens by the Bay, Merlion, swimming at the Skypark, hawker stalls...), but there's still lots to see.  We will return someday!

Julie

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Singapore!

There is a relatively new Courtyard by Marriot, which is located at Royal Square, right next to Novena MRT station.  I go there now and then to eat at their semi-buffet for lunch.  A great place to chill!  The views at night must be gorgeous too.

This video was taken at a supermarket at Raffles City.  Raffles City is a shopping complex, connected to City Hall MRT station.  The Fairmont hotel is connected to this place too.  There is a convenient supermarket at the basement. 

The Yan Chinese restaurant at City Hall is another great place to have a meal.  We were there for some lunch recently. Best part was that there was an open deck, where you can view the beautiful civic district of Singapore.  In fact, you don't need to eat at this restaurant to go to the viewing deck!  See 1:20 of the video.

This video was made when I took a walk from Capital Tower Singapore, to Tanjong Pagar MRT station.  

Edited by Iluvcruising2