Dawn 10000 Forward Facing Penthouse?

mom2t&j

I stayed in 10502. No noise from the bridge. All those cabins have to maintain blackout conditions after dark, though, so the bridge doesn't get light pollution. That means keeping your curtains drawn, and if you want to use the balcony after dark, turn off your lights before you go outside. Be aware that those on the bridge can see most of your balcony. When I took my coffee out in the mornings I would always turn and wave; they waved back. ;-)

I stayed in 10502. No noise from the bridge. All those cabins have to maintain blackout conditions after dark, though, so the bridge doesn't get light pollution. That means keeping your curtains drawn, and if you want to use the balcony after dark, turn off your lights before you go outside. Be aware that those on the bridge can see most of your balcony. When I took my coffee out in the mornings I would always turn and wave; they waved back. ;-)

Great info thank you!

Anyone have any experience with this suite? Do you hear noise from the bridge? Any info would be appreciated, thx!

We stayed in 10500 (the mirror room next door). 10000 and 10500 are the best rooms on the ship. Beautiful 200 degree forward facing views. The bump-out (following the contour of the bridge) give you extra space in the room, and allows you to stand at your window and have the same wonderful views. Conversely, the bump out does cut into your balcony space, but it is a small sacrifice. The bridge crew is usually very quite (hopefully not sleeping).

29c0f97688126c5d5ade9e39925feb76.jpg

We stayed in 10500 (the mirror room next door). 10000 and 10500 are the best rooms on the ship. Beautiful 200 degree forward facing views. The bump-out (following the contour of the bridge) give you extra space in the room, and allows you to stand at your window and have the same wonderful views. Conversely, the bump out does cut into your balcony space, but it is a small sacrifice. The bridge crew is usually very quite (hopefully not sleeping).

29c0f97688126c5d5ade9e39925feb76.jpg

Can’t wait for that view! Thanks for the picture!

Anyone have any experience with this suite? Do you hear noise from the bridge? Any info would be appreciated, thx!

The forward facing penthouses on the small ships are absolutely our favorite cabins. LOVE the huge balconies, great views. Have stayed in several on the deck directly under the bridge on different ships and never heard a noise from above.

Cruise4Kicks is correct about the night time light situation. Some will try to tell you that you cannot use your balcony after dark, That is simply not true. However, I have had cabin stewards who closed and locked the outer steel weather door when they made up the room at night. You can open it again (minding the rules about your cabin lights), but be aware that it's a heavy steel door and can get caught in the wind. Make sure you latch it open. Once you're done on the balcony, you will likely want to close the outer door again, as the wind whistles around the inner door if you leave the outer door open.

We were in 9000 on the Jewel to Alaska. Deck 9 has those 100 sq for balconies. When you see the bridge crew come to the window and look out, they are usually looking at something and they would point out whales and dolphin to us.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from a great week on the Dawn in suite 10000. Just wanted to let those who are light sleepers like I am that I could hear the walking around above us in the bridge. I brought earplugs and they did the trick! And the other 3 in my suite never even heard the walking around, but they are heavier sleepers than I am.

So if you’re a light sleeper, bring ear plugs and you won’t have any problems!

I wonder why the DOS suites above the bridge don't have the same cabin light restrictions as the suites below them.

This image should best explain about the restricted lighting across the bridge - LINK:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Dawn

CLICK on "PICS" in the dark grey banner bar - - -

New window opens - count 9 rows down and the 3rd one in from the left

All the DOS on deck 12 are set back while the suites on deck 9 & 10 could have reflective lighting off their balconies

This image should best explain about the restricted lighting across the bridge - LINK:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Dawn

CLICK on "PICS" in the dark grey banner bar - - -

New window opens - count 9 rows down and the 3rd one in from the left

All the DOS on deck 12 are set back while the suites on deck 9 & 10 could have reflective lighting off their balconies

Makes sense now, thanks! We stayed in 12500 last year and loved it. This year we'll be in 10506; looking forward to it!!