Solo cabins on royal caribbean???

cruisingirll59

• 1 month later...

Please look carefully at the total costs vs the number days/ports you have on a ship.

Too many people say that they don't pay a 100% supplement without looking at what they will get.

Once and only once Carnival for example had a 21 day back-to-back $799 CND pp cruise, I paid for two people but could not find anyone to go with me, so I went solo. On top of that Carnival gave me $100 USD OBC per trip, and since I had Carnival stock I had $100 USD OBC also added per trip.

So a 21 day cruise cost me $1600 CND and came with $400 USD OBC, was I foolish paying a 100% supplement? I don't think so.

Don't look at the percentage supplement, look at what you will pay and what you will get for that money.

• 1 month later...
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ROYAL CARIBBEAN HAS SINGLE CABINS LIKE THE 1As ON CARNIVAL?? ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT. :confused:

I'm not familiar with Carnival, but RC's Anthem of the Seas has a few studio room for single travelers.

I just got back from my first cruise on the Anthem of the Seas. The ship itself was magnificent, with almost 'too much' to do, and perfect for cold weather cruising with more than ample indoor pools and public spaces.

Especially in comparison to its rival, the NCL Breakaway.

That said, I was disappointed in the lack of solo activities listed in the daily Compass.....just a few solo lunches. I went to one, and besides the cruise staff hostess, there were only three of us attending....

Nothing like the outstanding program on the Breakaway.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I saw on a app that Harmony had solo cabins on deck 4 (103 sq ft, deck 4). I assume this was either a mistake or reserved for special people ?

Those are studio cabins for solo passengers. I have one booked for 2019 :)

Thanks for the response. I guess only Carnival has the "solo" cabins. Anyway, I am from Newark, Delaware. Born and raised here.

Actually, NCL on select ships have cabins designed for solo travelers. Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Bliss, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Epic, and Pride of America

Here's an older link to cruise lines that offer solo cabins:

https://cruiseweb.com/blog/2014/06/cruise-trend-cruise-lines-with-solo-cabins

Hope this helps~!

I saw on a app that Harmony had solo cabins on deck 4 (103 sq ft, deck 4). I assume this was either a mistake or reserved for special people ?

The majority are oceanview although they do offer a few interior.

Besides Harmony, studio staterooms are available on all three Quantum class ships, Adventure, Brilliance, Jewel, Radiance, and Serenade. I'm personally booked in a studio interior on Adventure for my December cruise :)

• 3 months later...
The majority are oceanview although they do offer a few interior.

Besides Harmony, studio staterooms are available on all three Quantum class ships, Adventure, Brilliance, Jewel, Radiance, and Serenade. I'm personally booked in a studio interior on Adventure for my December cruise :)

I just booked a Studio cabin on the Harmony, it is on Deck 4. It is not a mistake :)

• 3 weeks later...
When are you going on harmony? I'm going dec 9th and have a studio booked as well. Was hoping I might see your review... or on the cruise. Have a great trip

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I don't go until March 29th. You will go before me so please do a review. Have a great trip!! Maybe we will end up on another one sometime :)

• 2 weeks later...
When are you going on harmony? I'm going dec 9th and have a studio booked as well. Was hoping I might see your review... or on the cruise. Have a great trip

I hope you will post a live review while onboard as I will be at sea on Adventure on your embarkation day :) (Adventure departs the day before from Port Everglades.) Our ships will both be in port in St Maarten on December 12th, that would be too funny if we ran into each other [emoji23]

I’m also booked in a studio OV on Harmony next year, looking forward immensely to losing my Oasis-class virginity [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you will post a live review while onboard as I will be at sea on Adventure on your embarkation day :) (Adventure departs the day before from Port Everglades.) Our ships will both be in port in St Maarten on December 12th, that would be too funny if we ran into each other [emoji23]

I’m also booked in a studio OV on Harmony next year, looking forward immensely to losing my Oasis-class virginity [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll try my best to post a live review while on the harmony dec 9th. It would be funny if I saw you in St. Maarten. Which excursion are you doing? I booked with random wind. Randomwind.com. have a great trip.

Laurie

• 1 month later...

Many Royal ships have solo studios, even with balconies, and are adding more on refits - Mariner just got finished and they added some. I have b2b on her in January 2019 AND 2020, also have studio on Ovation for Baltic next July.

Nancy