Newly Wed Game on the Harmony

We are sailing on the HOS - 6/30/2018. Does anyone know if the "newly wed" game show is held? If it is, how do you become a contestant? Is it something that is done through guest services on board or before we sail? My son and his wife are with us and are newly weds and would love to be a contestant! Thanks for any advice!

We love watching this show. On many cruises we have been on they find the couple that has been married the shortest (and often this comes down to a day or hours difference), the couple that has been married the longest, and the remaining “compete”for the third spot. Most times competing means being the craziest when it’s your turn according to the crowd.

We are in the middle and never try to compete. But super fun to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love and Marriage, they pick one newlywed, and 2 or 3 other couples of different decades of Marriage, 10yrs, 25, 50...not exact. As already said show up 30 minutes early nite of show any they pick the couples... Been enjoying this show for 30+ years and going. Some are good, hate the staged practiced answer questions that some couples do...

Always fun and funny; why are cruise directors scared to ask a new question; same old boring set every cruise no matter what ship or CD. But the crowd and the participants make or break the show.

On Oasis it was the longest married couple. Then every couple married recently (forget the number of months within, 6?) participated in a kiss contest with audience deciding winner. The middle also did a kiss contest, I think it was couples married between a certain number of years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Always fun and funny; why are cruise directors scared to ask a new question; same old boring set every cruise no matter what ship or CD. But the crowd and the participants make or break the show.

Exactly and I mentioned on my latest review of my cruise how these shows need to be revamped. They are the same questions and if you go multiple times on a cruise, you can easily win if you participate and if you don't, it just gets really boring.

One of these shows we watched had a couple married for something like 60 years. ALL of their answers were WRONG. You should have heard them. They grumbled at each other .... she'd say "you stupid pig" (or something like that) and he'd say "you old nincompoop". It was hysterical.

Thank you everyone for the info on the Love and Marriage Show. It would be awesome if my son and his new wife were chosen. I guess they better practice being "silly" LOL
Are they good at thinking on their feet? The last one I went to the new groom of 4 days thought he had dodged a bullet with his answers to what his wife would make bigger or smaller. Until everyone reacted to him saying her brain bigger and her attitude smaller. The wife was not pleased.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Know the answers to these questions:

1) Her bra size

2) The most unusual place you’ve...you know

3). Who on her/his side of the family you’d least want to take on a deserted island

4) would you describe his as “a mighty oak,” a pine tree or hanging branch or something like that

5) which famous person would she/he say you’d let her “go with”

Another question asked is what is the first thing you touch in the morning. Our friends were chosen as the middle couple and lets just say he was known as morning wood (that was his wife's answer) for the duration of that cruise. Lol

We were on a cruise Not sure which ship it was on, but the question was the unusual place that you did it and the middle couple the man pointed towards his family and said the couch you were sitting on the crowd was roaring with laughter.

We love watching this show. On many cruises we have been on they find the couple that has been married the shortest (and often this comes down to a day or hours difference), the couple that has been married the longest, and the remaining “compete”for the third spot. Most times competing means being the craziest when it’s your turn according to the crowd.

We are in the middle and never try to compete. But super fun to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is largely true, but I've seen different Cruise Directors do things differently once in awhile. We've been contestants 3 times, only time we won was as the oldest couple the CD took anyone married over 30 years and made the compete for the spot.

The normal show was funny in 1965. Just about as amusing as the passenger who packed all their clothing on the last night of the cruise”story”.

When the CD changes the questions to match the modern world, the show is worth watching.