How many cabins do you need to book to get a "discount"?

It was 8 cabins when a friend was trying to get a group together a few years ago; I don't know if it's changed since then.

Keep in mind, though, that a solo---even when that solo has to pay the double price---does not count as a cabin in the group.

Try and find a Travel Agency who will work with you.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

This. If you try to orchestrate a family reunion on your own, it will be like herding cats, and at the end of the day there will be family members not speaking to other family members, hurt feelings, and people written out of wills. ;p

Let the TA handle the reservations, payments, etc.

Roz

This. If you try to orchestrate a family reunion on your own, it will be like herding cats, and at the end of the day there will be family members not speaking to other family members, hurt feelings, and people written out of wills. ;p

Roz

Yes agree! We have 11 cabins booked with our group through the TA and it couldn't be easier. The group has a name and everyone has gone through the TA to give their cabin choice, make a payment, ask questions, etc. The organizers didn't have to do anything other than dispense TA contact information once they decided on which TA to use.

I have a group booked for June 2019, and I did it via the HAL Vacation planner. Each person called her directly, picked their cabin, and they all were grouped together. When we reached the 5 cabin mark, we were eligible for perks, which could include Pinnacle Grill dinner, or beverage packages, or OBC. We currently have 7 cabins, and if we get to 8, we will get a discount.

It couldn't have been easier for me to arrange. Everyone got to pick their own cabin/rate/etc.

Roz

Sounds like you know my family! HeHe. I like the idea of a TA handling the details. Thanks to all.

It was 8 cabins when a friend was trying to get a group together a few years ago; I don't know if it's changed since then.

Keep in mind, though, that a solo---even when that solo has to pay the double price---does not count as a cabin in the group.

A solo traveler in a regular cabin, paying double the fare, doesn't count as a full cabin in the group? Or, do you mean the solo cabins, like on NCL .... tiny, tiny, tiny?

Hi,

We are planning a cruise in 2019. Does anyone know if it is possible to get any kind of discount or other consideration for booking a certain number of cabins at one time? Thank you.

I’m booking a group cruise through our HAL PCC. I shopped around, but decided to set it up through HAL and we can evaluate other options later. For the GAP program (group advantage) you need a minimum of 5 cabins. You can select from a list of perks. Once you hit 8, you get one sailor for free and a bunch of other perks. It’s all listed here, I can also email you. I received it from the groups coordinator 05b92e836bdb0ad12d5abc77e0dee5ad.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A solo traveler in a regular cabin, paying double the fare, doesn't count as a full cabin in the group? Or, do you mean the solo cabins, like on NCL .... tiny, tiny, tiny?

I'm referring to the HAL double occupancy cabins occupied by a solo cruiser, paying double fare, not counting as two people for the group. So the cabin does not qualify toward the 8 necessary to be a group.

I can't imagine why you thought I was referring to NCL.

I'm referring to the HAL double occupancy cabins occupied by a solo cruiser, paying double fare, not counting as two people for the group. So the cabin does not qualify toward the 8 necessary to be a group.

Our PCC told us solo cruisers who pay the double fare, will count towards the 8 cabin minimum. She said it’s not by person, it’s by cabin, as long as a cabin has at the minimum, double paid occupancy. For cabins with 3 people, only the first 2 fares are calculated for the 8 cabin min and for the free fare average.

I never thought you were referring to NCL. I said "an NCL 'type' cabin. NOT an NCL sailing.

And how could a cruise line NOT give them credit for a full cabin when the solo is paying 2 full fares. Tsk tsk tsk ... cheap and robbing people.

Our PCC told us solo cruisers who pay the double fare, will count towards the 8 cabin minimum. She said it’s not by person, it’s by cabin, as long as a cabin has at the minimum, double paid occupancy. For cabins with 3 people, only the first 2 fares are calculated for the 8 cabin min and for the free fare average.

That's how it should be! Sheesh ... us solo cruisers get shafted every which way.

And how could a cruise line NOT give them credit for a full cabin when the solo is paying 2 full fares. Tsk tsk tsk ... cheap and robbing people.

My experience is that when it's to HAL's advantage to count by person, they do---such as billing for a cabin. But when it's to their advantage to count by cabin, that's the way they roll.

I know the time I got the SBP as part of Explore 4, I wasn't allowed 30 drinks per day, even though I had paid for two people, therefore two Explore 4.

I also know that when a friend was trying to qualify a group, my cabin did not count, since I was solo.

It's a Noah's Ark world out there, and solos have no place on the boat.

It's a Noah's Ark world out there, and solos have no place on the boat.

Isn't that the truth, Ruth? I run into this all the time, and not just with cruising.

Roz

Groups are still 8 cabins and if I recall correctly, there's a time limit to get the cabins into the group for the perks. You can add cabins after the deadline, but you may not get the benefit you would if you had everything ready to go initially.

I’m booking a group cruise through our HAL PCC. I shopped around, but decided to set it up through HAL and we can evaluate other options later. For the GAP program (group advantage) you need a minimum of 5 cabins. You can select from a list of perks. Once you hit 8, you get one sailor for free and a bunch of other perks. It’s all listed here, I can also email you. I received it from the groups coordinator 05b92e836bdb0ad12d5abc77e0dee5ad.jpg

This is awesome! Thank you for your gracious offer to email it to me. (my user name at g mail.) Thanks again!

This is awesome! Thank you for your gracious offer to email it to me. (my user name at g mail.) Thanks again!

Sent! It’s been quite an experience learning about how groups are set up and advantages of different programs. I’m happy to help with any questions you may have.

Follow up on this. It looks like HAL does NOT count a cabin with a singleton who pays double fare (not single supplement) towards the group minimum of 8. Once you get past 8 cabins/16p you can add the Singleton cabin to your group to get the perks, but it can’t be included in the 8 cabin/16 passenger minimum.

Total bummer for the singletons!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums