Why Do You Cruise?

Garycruz

If you love cruising you generally are so chilled out you don’t need to write about it. There is always a small percent of people who will find something wrong every time. These are the posts you see.

As a solo traveller doing a land tour opposed to a cruise. I will fly to New Zealand, lug my luggage from airport to hotel, do this for three destinations, then fly to Tahiti, repeat process airport to hotel etc, fly to Hawaii, two destinations here, repeat process to get to USA and so on. Why do I cruise? Unpack once, get to see so many places I would never see if I had to fly, meet new people, and best of all see the sea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Reading so many threads about chair hogs, smoking, bad food, and a host of other complaints, can lead one to believe that going on a cruise about is the worst vacation possible.

But of course the complaints are outweighed by all of the great aspects of a cruise. I think it would be nice to have a thread outlining the positives of cruising. After all, most of us are on these boards because we love it. Personally I love the feeling of being surrounded by the ocean. I love the entertainment and variety of things to do. I enjoy visiting different islands in a short time period. I can go on and on.

I’d love to see what others consider to be their favorite aspects of cruising.

Why do you cruise and what are the things you like most about cruising?

I cruise because i cannot fly ,drive or take a train.

If you love cruising you generally are so chilled out you don’t need to write about it. There is always a small percent of people who will find something wrong every time. These are the posts you see.
This is SO true.

I love being at sea. Taking a cruise is still one of the most affordable vacations. For instance, for our upcoming trans-Atlantic cruise, we'll spend twice as much per day for our precruise stay in London than we will per day for sailing on the ship. The good thing is the cruise line had a great deal for airfare--something we could not get on our own.