Oops, oh no, what are we going to do.

chromered7

I hate to admit it, but I forgot to pack DH's CPAP machine. It's always the very last thing to get packed as we usually leave home around 4 or 5 am for an early flight out. Luckily we were flying out a few days before the cruise and staying in Key West for those early days. My wonderful FIL grabbed it and sent it out next day air so there was only one sleepless night.

While doing some early packing for a TA, I made sure to pack a contact lens case, cleaning solution, reading glasses, and sunglasses.

While unpacking on the ship, I suddenly remembered that I left my contact lenses at home. :o

Ever forget your passport? We did.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=713366

Sue

Leaving from Bayonne in the winter I wore black sneakers with winter clothes. As we hit warm weather I took out my white sneakers to wear with summer clothes. I brought two left sneakers, luckily found Payless in Puerto Rico!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess it was about 24 years ago when I took my first cruise. I forgot my birth control pills. On the upside, I have a wonderful, fabulous 23 y/o daughter!!

Definitely need a LIKE button!!! :D We went to Bermuda (not honeymoon) and came home with undeclared twins!!!

While doing some early packing for a TA, I made sure to pack a contact lens case, cleaning solution, reading glasses, and sunglasses.

While unpacking on the ship, I suddenly remembered that I left my contact lenses at home. :o

On our last cruise, I tore a contact lens. I've always kept a spare pair in my toiletries bag, but when I got a new order, I took the old pair out to use before the new pairs and forgot to put a new pair in.

We were in Alaska, so I thought maybe I could call my eye doctor and if there was someone in Ketchikan that sold lenses, sometimes they have extras around. Nope, only urgent care there. I wore one lens for a week.

Passport.

Bad show.

I don’t recommend.

- Joel

We drove to NJ for a 14-day Canada/New England cruise and at 7:00 AM the morning of the cruise, my other half realized he had left his passport at home. It took a lot of people working together, but we made the cruise with an hour to spare. It probably took two days for my heart beat to return to normal.

I forgot my shoes on a 10 night Caribbean cruise. I had put them in the suitcase and then temporarily (I thought!) took them out and set them on the side as I wanted to repack some things. They ended up hidden under some items I decided not to take and I left for the airport, thinking they were in the suitcase. It was not until I was unpacking my suitcase onboard that I realized they were not there - too late.

All I had were the athletic shoes I was wearing, plus a pair of very casual black canvas sandals. The cruise started with two days at sea. No chance for shoe shopping onboard. I had planned to shoe shop in Grand Cayman on Day 3 but the port was cancelled. Next stop was Bonaire but almost nothing there in the way of appropriate shoes. Couldn't find anything decent in Curacao so by then I just gave up and said the heck with it. Anyone who wanted to judge me by my shoes could have at it. I can say with certainty, I will never forget to pack my shoes ever again!!

Passport.

Bad show.

I don’t recommend.

- Joel

Yeah....that's major!!! Where were you and what did you do? Just in case some of us find ourselves in a similar situation we'll know what to do!! :D

I still like to dress up on "Chic" night and after getting all dressed up in my Tux I realized I forgot my bowtie. I made a quick call to the concierge and Celebrity being awesome like they are had one brought to my cabin in less than five minutes

Definitely need a LIKE button!!! :D We went to Bermuda (not honeymoon) and came home with undeclared twins!!!

My youngest is a souvenir from the 2008 Century sailing in my signature. Best vacation souvenir ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I forgot all my jewelry on a European cruise... guess what I have as a souvenir from every port! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This reminds me - on our European cruise last year, I put out all the Euros (enough to cover most of our expenses) plus some British pounds (enough to cover our overnight in London on the way home) on the dresser.

We were staying at a hotel the night before the flight because it was a very early flight. Out to dinner with friends and they dropped us at the hotel. While getting ready to sleep, I realized all the Euros and Pounds were still on the dresser at home.

And now we have even more for the next trip, whenever that is.

We always need to fly to get to a cruise port.

Ever since learning about someone who forgot his passport and missed his cruise years ago, we started using our passport instead of driver's license as ID when we check in for a flight at our local airport on our way to a cruise.

This way, if we should forget our passports, it is a lot easier to go home and retrieve them while we are still at our local airport than it would be from the cruise port.

Just about anything else we might forget can either be replaced, or we can manage without it, but the missing passports could actually prevent us from getting on the ship.

As Americans, if we should lose our ID for domestic flights, they can authenticate our identity within an hour or two and permit us to fly domestically.

But apparently they can't or won't do that for cruise passengers -- unless perhaps they will do it for domestic cruises that don't require a passport ???

(Hmm, I don't know, never having been in that situation, or personally knowing anyone who has.)

Ever forget your passport? We did.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=713366

Sue

doing a Transatlantic - England to Boston.

On cruise critic roll call group chartered bus from London to port and we realized midway we had left our passports in the hotel.

Fellow roll call members 2 seats away heard our problems and said another couple in their party was still in London and would be taking the train to the port in a few hours, We called hotel and they went to room and found the passports (a bed pillow had been placed on top of them so we missed them) and said they would give to person for me, Other couple called their friend - he stopped by and picked up the passports and brought them to us at the port. This was before all the beverage packages --- I did buy our new best friends several drinks

It sure pays to join the roll calls.

We are certainly more careful with the passports now as we both remember this and remind each other of it every time.

I forgot all my jewelry on a European cruise... guess what I have as a souvenir from every port! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D

:D:D:D

:champagne-toast::)

Not me or a cruise, but a couple of years ago we were in Paris for a week with my sister and nieces. On the last day, we were heading home, sister was going to Amsterdam for a few days and the kids (actually 2 teens and an early 20something) were meeting their dad at the airport (divorced parents) and flying to Sicily for their week with him. We were all leaving the airport hotel at completely different times.

So the dad had flown in the night before and stayed in Paris, not at the airport.

Heard later that when the kids met the dad at the airport, about 90 minutes or so before the flight, the dad realized that his passport was still in the safe in the Paris hotel room.

The kids flew on to Italy, and he met them there the next day.