WARNING : itinerary change for NCL SPIRIT 10 days 2019 March 28 to April 7

reveur15

Be aware that since Sunday, accordingto NCL website, this cruise will not come back to Barcelona as planned but is now ending in Rome.

I didn’t received any email from NCL about this change.

I booked this cruise a long time ago and unfortunately just booked my plane recently.

Now I will have to pay a 300$ fee per person to change my flights. :eek:

Hope this will help somebody else not to do the same mistake I did.

I also consider keeping my tickets and cancel my cruise to make a land trip instead of a cruise.

Thank you so much NCL.:mad:

WOW, yesterday and this morning both NCL.com and MYNCL account showed Rome as disembarkation port.

Now it is back to Barcelona !!!!!!!!

I think i will wait to change my flight.

This itinerary is changing daily !

I hope this will stay like this. :D

If you haven’t been officially notified by NCL then don’t do anything.

The itinerary you are on is the last one currently listed, and we are expecting others to be added soon (I’m hoping that this is an indication that they are doing something with them). My guess is that someone made a mistake.

It would be a very strange move to change a Canaries itinerary to end in Rome, although anything is possible I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are possibly on her last sailing under Norwegian Cruise Lines, she has no more sailings after your cruise. So if she does end in Rome it could start to unravel the mystery. Unless I have missed something here on the boards. Last I knew they were to announce her to Home port out of Southampton last fall but here it is May 1st and no sailings after March 28th next year??? I guess you will be lucky they just did not cancel this cruise. I would not make any changes till you get official word from NCL, they will need to reimburse you if there are major changes but you have to let them be the ones to tell you.

You are possibly on her last sailing under Norwegian Cruise Lines, she has no more sailings after your cruise. So if she does end in Rome it could start to unravel the mystery. Unless I have missed something here on the boards. Last I knew they were to announce her to Home port out of Southampton last fall but here it is May 1st and no sailings after March 28th next year??? I guess you will be lucky they just did not cancel this cruise. I would not make any changes till you get official word from NCL, they will need to reimburse you if there are major changes but you have to let them be the ones to tell you.

There have been a number of reports of NCL recently making port bookings for the Spirit in Northern Europe/Iceland in 2019.

If you haven’t been officially notified by NCL then don’t do anything.

I would not make any changes till you get official word from NCL, they will need to reimburse you if there are major changes but you have to let them be the ones to tell you.

Thank you for the advice !

I will wait.

I just hope they will announce next cruise after mine soon so i will know where it is sailing from.

There has been some speculation, based on the delays in releasing the 2019 itineraries.

At this time it is only speculation though. I’m certainly far from convinced.

I hope this is not her last cruise because i would certainly cancel.

I don't want a whole cruise where the answer is always "sorry sir we are running out of this an that"

Don't jump the gun. Wait for NCL to inform you - they might offer flight change fees.

And, by the way, Spirit will continue to sail under NCL. New itineraries for her (and the Sun) will be released shortly.

So .... let's wait and see!

Don't jump the gun. Wait for NCL to inform you - they might offer flight change fees.

And, by the way, Spirit will continue to sail under NCL. New itineraries for her (and the Sun) will be released shortly.

Either Northern Europe or the Far East ([emoji41] as speculated by the cruise consultant while on the Spirit cruise last week).

So .... let's wait and see!

I heard the speculation about Asia when I was onboard last month, but it was talked about as a possibility for 2020, not next year.

I would take things that they say onboard with quite a large pinch of salt, by the way. They admit that they aren’t told a lot in advance and it’s possible that some of the speculation may even have even come from me. :)

We are booked on this cruise also. Just checked MYNCL account and it's showing Barcelona to Barcelona, hopefully this will remain the case.

I heard the speculation about Asia when I was onboard last month, but it was talked about as a possibility for 2020, not next year.

I would take things that they say onboard with quite a large pinch of salt, by the way. They admit that they aren’t told a lot in advance and it’s possible that some of the speculation may even have even come from me. :)

When I spoke with the cruise consultant last week it was when there were no itineraries showing after March 2019 for three ships: Spirit, Sun and Jewel, so it was why he said either Northern Europe or Asia for Spirit ... maybe Jewel and Spirit were swapping?

But now this week the NCL.com shows Jewel back to Alaska for April to Sept 2019 after the TP Mar/Apr 2019.

At 9 pm tonight ncl.com shows a new cruise departing from Rome april 7th to 18th. While at the same time my cruise is still ending in barcelona on april 7th. Rome being over 500 miles from barcelona one of these cruise is wrong.

well i'm afraid that my cruise will soon change again to end in Rome :(

Anyway I don't understand how they can offer these 2 cruises on their website at the same time it is a shame !

that's really far ahead to buy plane tickets...

As soon as I book my cruise, I book my air. I find that I usually get the best prices then, and it is one worry off my mind. I would be in the "same boat" as the op, as I book my air the day it opens if my cruise is past the window of air booking. Hopefully NCL will give a change fee credit if it is changed from Barcelona to Rome.

MY CRUISE IS OFFICIALLY CANCELED :loudcry:

I received that this morning :

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Spirit's 10-Day Canary Islands and Morocco sailing from Barcelona on March 28, 2019. All guests booked on this sailing need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

Because of a scheduling change the 10-Day Canary Islands and Morocco sailing departing on March 28, 2019 is no longer available.

Norwegian is offering guests currently booked and fully deposited on this sailing the following option:

- Move to any sailing in our fleet at the current published fare and your deposit will be moved to the new ship and sail date. If you choose this option, a $25 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S or H), a $50 per stateroom onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges, will be issued to your onboard account.

Norwegian will also cover up to $300 maximum per person air change fees. We look forward to hearing from you by May 18, 2018, so that we can modify your reservation. If we don't hear from you by May 18, 2018, your reservation will be cancelled. We are standing by to assist you on our dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm ET Monday through Friday.

The cruise still appear this morning on ncl.com but obviously not for long !

As soon as I book my cruise, I book my air. I find that I usually get the best prices then, and it is one worry off my mind. I would be in the "same boat" as the op, as I book my air the day it opens if my cruise is past the window of air booking. Hopefully NCL will give a change fee credit if it is changed from Barcelona to Rome.

Studies show that in order to get the best price you should book 51 days out. So, I'm not sure how you're having the opposite results?

MY CRUISE IS OFFICIALLY CANCELED :loudcry:

I received that this morning :

The cruise still appear this morning on ncl.com but obviously not for long !

I'm sorry to hear that. Will you book another ship?

I'm sorry to hear that. Will you book another ship?

I don't know yet !

Maybe i will keep my plane tickets and make an european land trip instead of a cruise

or

I will switch to another cruise (will look what is available this weekend).

Did anybody experienced an air change fees refund from NCL ? How does it work ?

Studies show that in order to get the best price you should book 51 days out. So, I'm not sure how you're having the opposite results?

I guess it is not the same if you are leaving from huge airports with many Airlines. Leaving from Quebec city or Montreal, there is not so many flights available so sooner is better.

In my case i always booked as soon as flights are available and I always got the best price (i watch them until I leave and the price pattern goes from very low then up for a few months, then decline but not as low and then skyrocket at last minute).