Star Dry Dock

swanmark

Hi Guys just arrived in Marseilles we are docked right opposite the Star, there seems to be a great deal of work going on, huge cranes all over the ship. Hopefully they may upgrade the cabins, they were somewhat under par when we sailed on her last September. Otherwise it’s such a lovely ship.

Hi Guys just arrived in Marseilles we are docked right opposite the Star, there seems to be a great deal of work going on, huge cranes all over the ship. Hopefully they may upgrade the cabins, they were somewhat under par when we sailed on her last September. Otherwise it’s such a lovely ship.

I read somewhere that she will receive significant upgrades including new cabins, gift shops, updated lounges, and new carpeting throughout.

Whatevers happening NCL are choosing not to tell their customers. Work like this is planned months or even years ahead, yet they claim not to know whats happening.

Would be nice if the OP could snap and post a couple of pictures?

Thanks

the intel i received from my PCC indicated that tehy are ripping out the kids splash park and making it a SpiceH20. lebistro and lacucina are swapping places, and they are removing the juice bar from teh gym. then the usual carpet, room updates, etc.

the intel i received from my PCC indicated that tehy are ripping out the kids splash park and making it a SpiceH20. lebistro and lacucina are swapping places, and they are removing the juice bar from teh gym. then the usual carpet, room updates, etc.

NCL catagorically denied they where ripping out the kids splash park (I have kids) we are sailing on Star on the 24th. Going to call again and ask!

• 2 weeks later...

coffee bar in the atrium is being changed to a starbucks.

so instead of getting too strong burnt coffee for free in the buffet, you can get over charged for it in they atrium.

they should put a real bar there!

Lois

electro - can you please post some pics? I don’t have a FB account. Thanks!

Sorry, don't have pics. We were on the last cruise before dry dock and were told by staff that the coffee bar was becoming a starbucks.