steakhouse on the valor

Mrs.Vega

We are sailing on Valor October 1-6, 2018. I was tryining to locate where to put my reservation for the Steakhouse before we sail, but I can't seem to find it. Can you do it before you sail or do I have to wait till I board?

Thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...
If you log into your account on the cruise manager page there is a link for speciality dining reservations located near the right side of the page. It gives you the restaurant options there. I just did it the other week.

It takes a day or two then they will send a confirmation of your reservation. We will be eating there on June 10. Anyone know if it is the old or new menu?

It takes a day or two then they will send a confirmation of your reservation. We will be eating there on June 10. Anyone know if it is the old or new menu?

The menu online is current. We just got off the Valor yesterday. We ate at the Steakhouse Friday evening and we were not disappointed.It was an excellent experience.More food than we could finish. We ended up taking the rest of our entrees and dessert back to our cabin. The service was great. The dress code was not enforced as some diners wore very casual clothes (children were in shorts). I mention this in case you are wondering about dress code. Overall it was a wonderful experience and great value for the price. Enjoy!

The menu online is current. We just got off the Valor yesterday. We ate at the Steakhouse Friday evening and we were not disappointed.It was an excellent experience.More food than we could finish. We ended up taking the rest of our entrees and dessert back to our cabin. The service was great. The dress code was not enforced as some diners wore very casual clothes (children were in shorts). I mention this in case you are wondering about dress code. Overall it was a wonderful experience and great value for the price. Enjoy!

Is it the new menu or old? We have eaten at the Valor steakhouse about a year ago, and it was not very good. My daughter's fish sticks were the best thing out of four adult entrees. We have a trip planned in November and I am debating giving it another try. Your review makes me want to. :)

Is it the new menu or old? We have eaten at the Valor steakhouse about a year ago, and it was not very good. My daughter's fish sticks were the best thing out of four adult entrees. We have a trip planned in November and I am debating giving it another try. Your review makes me want to. :)

I will let you know next week. We have 7:30pm reservations this Sunday Night (personally I'm hoping for the old menu).

I will let you know next week. We have 7:30pm reservations this Sunday Night (personally I'm hoping for the old menu).

The Valor currently has the old menu as of June 10, 2018. They told me that they are scheduled to change Aug. 1 but have already made the small kitchen changes and it could be sooner.

As usual the food was incredible. Service was just ok. They will do some changes such as using shrimp instead of snails in the escargot. So the shrimp are cooked in the brioche with the garlic sauce. Talk about terrific.

Fish sticks in the Steakhouse, interesting.

The Valor currently has the old menu as of June 10, 2018. They told me that they are scheduled to change Aug. 1 but have already made the small kitchen changes and it could be sooner.

As usual the food was incredible. Service was just ok. They will do some changes such as using shrimp instead of snails in the escargot. So the shrimp are cooked in the brioche with the garlic sauce. Talk about terrific.

Thank you for reporting back! We head out on the Valor next month and are eating in the steakhouse on the first night. So happy it will still be the old menu!!!

We ate in the steakhouse at thanksgiving 2017 and it was very good. I have already booked for my birthday for September cruise and will book again for thanksgiving afterwhile. My husband has never been as we have been cruising many years and never considered going there. Best decision ever! Now, I plan to eat there at least once every cruise. It’s a step above the MDR and that says a lot as we love the MDR. Way more food than you can eat in one sitting but we were very happy with the selections.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately having a frustrating time with the reservation part. Which in part is my mistake, as I first reserved it for the 1st night of the cruise to take part in the free bottle of wine. They then sent me back a confirmation for January 1st and not October 1st. So I sent them my cruise confirmation number and number in party as they requested (over a week ago) and I have heard nothing back for confirmation :( :eek: