Spirit Christmas Cruise

sarahjane01

Hi everyone - we have just booked the 14 night Spirit Christmas cruise leaving on the 21st Dec. We have gone for the verandah suite on deck 9 - we chose that because we wanted a deck with fewer rooms on it - originally we were going to be midship deck 8.

Really excited to try Silverseas - last Christmas we were on the Seabourn Sojourn and LOVED it - we loved the smaller ship compared to the big cruise lines, and also the more intimate service that the smaller boats offer.

Anyone have any tips or advice for this first timer?

Would the dress code be similar to Seabourn?

Anyone have any experiences to share on the type of thing we can look forward to being a Christmas Cruise?

Thanks

Sarah

Everyone will be dressed to the nines on New Year’s Eve and the party will move to the pool deck for the stroke of midnight fireworks. The party will go late as Jan 1 is usually a sea day.

Have a great voyage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be wonderful! We will be on the Whisper and have cruised on a Silversea ship every Christmas/New Year's since 1996. Suggest you reserve your New Year's dinner restaurant early...Atlantide is a popular choice.

I will also be on this cruise. Did not know Atlantide took reservations.

Good! Love seeing the gentlemen in jackets.. Looking forward to the MDR after having been on the Muse for the last couple years. The Whisper will be all fresh after a refurbish before the holiday cruise. Hope to meet many new friends onboard. I think Norman is our wonderful HD. Anyone know who will be Captain and CD?

Good! Love seeing the gentlemen in jackets.. Looking forward to the MDR after having been on the Muse for the last couple years. The Whisper will be all fresh after a refurbish before the holiday cruise. Hope to meet many new friends onboard. I think Norman is our wonderful HD. Anyone know who will be Captain and CD?

Just for clarification: we are talking about 2 different holiday cruises now -- OP on Spirit (with no MDR) and Bluebelle on Whisper. Both with gentlemen in jackets.

Hello

If I have well understood the Whisper will be refurbished just before the holiday season this year? Am I correct? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Whisper will go to dry dock in Freeport from December 8-19, 2018 for extensive renovation. The holiday cruise will start December 20 in Ft. Lauderdale, going through the canal and disembarking in our home area, San Francisco. Only one air flight for us!! We would do this every year; but the Whisper does Ft. Lauderdale to Ft. Lauderdale for the holidays in 2019-2020. We are booked on that one too.

• 2 weeks later...
The entire ship (Whisper) will be refurbished...all suites and public areas.

I have just read that the refurbishment of Silver Spirit was not completed on time and the cruise following the dry dock was kind of a nightmare for some cruisers. Could it be the same with Silver Whisper next December? Is this always risky to sail jut after a dry dock? Or on the contrary it is a wonderful experience to be among the first to embark aboard a newly refurbished vessel?

Sent from my iPad using Forums