Which Caribbean ports are tender and which dock? Where is water sports platform used?

susiesan

I just booked Star Pride Dec. 1, 2018 sailing RT from San Juan. For planning private shore excursions I'd like to know which are tender ports and which does the ship dock? Also which ports is the water sports platform available to use? And which port is the beach barbeque held at? Most of these stops are new to me or I was there over 20 years ago and things may have changed.

Itinerary:

Phillipsburg, St. Maarten

Les Saints, Guadeloupe

Bequia, St. Vincent

Georgetown, Grenada

Pigeon Island, St. Lucia

This page lists all the WS ports that are tendered:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/accessibility/

Windstar should put this information near the itineraries. I would have never thought to look under handicap/accessibility info.

How about the ports where the water sports platform is used-is this at all the tender ports?

It is on your cruise itinerary, the non financial document that you should have received as part of your confirmation. The water sports platform is used when anchored, not when alongside and it is dependent on sea conditions that day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It is on your cruise itinerary, the non financial document that you should have received as part of your confirmation. The water sports platform is used when anchored, not when alongside and it is dependent on sea conditions that day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Um, no it is not. But I now have the information.

We have done a similar itinerary twice with Windstar. On both occasions the BBQ/Lunch was held at Pigeon Island and this was also where the watersports platform was used. The beach is nice, but small and so the BBQ was held in the little park just behind. Pigeon Island is a tender and so is Bequia and Les Saintes. The remainder are docked.

I am looking at a copy of my Windstar confirmation where it says "Voyage Plan". It indicates Date, Port of Call and Position (Anchor or Berth) and Arrival/Departure. Check your emails from Windstar. That should help you determine which of your stops Anchor (tender) or Berth (dock).