Dawn Family Suite w Balcony any cabin suggestions ?

Kbkcruiser

Greetings Friends,

Just booked a family suite w balcony (SD) suite 12526.There is just wife and I. Still plenty of other rooms to choose from.

Thought you folks might have some experience on what is the best family suite for room size and large balcony on the Dawn. We still have time to change. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you care to share!

Best,

Jim

A few notes...

The balconies for the cabins ending in 30 are the smallest, so avoid those (and I think the cabins are smaller as well). I believe the cabins in the middle have the largest balconies.

We stayed in 15520 last year and the balcony is a bit smaller because of how it is angled. However, we did have an unobstructed view forward.

We loved the cabin size for two people. The only thing we really disliked was the step up into the bathroom.

We have purposefully booked 12530 twice.

The previous poster is right - the balcony is smaller BUT the square footage of the room is bigger.

What you don’t have in balcony is now in the room. I’ll attach some photos so you can see what I mean - I believe in the other family suites the balcony is the length of the room - in this room (and room 12030) it’s only 1/2 the length - the other half is indoor space.

If you spend hours on the balcony (or need a trundle bed) then this room is not for you. But as we spend at most 1 hour a day on the balcony - this room works great for us.

ed28d968c6eba88dd248dce2478455e6.jpg

ba56891ad62797eaf94752cbdc5566f5.jpg

993248f7840818e1b66fe56d1fc91ad7.jpg

I believe the ship has been in dry dock since we last sailed, so I’m guessing the decor will be different.

No matter which cabin you end up in you will have a blast!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We stayed in 12026 a few years ago, just me an my niece. We loved the cabin and the bathroom....tons of space! She used the Murphy bed and thought it was really comfy. There was so much room, we had the steward keep it open the entire trip. The balcony was great on nice days, but not usable when it rained because it is completely open which also means no privacy from above! (We had a few people yelling down to us from above.) The only downfall imo was the foot traffic from the forward elevators to the pool.... Lots of flip flops an running kids! It may be because I had been traveling Aft, which has far less traffic! None of this would stop me from staying in that cabin again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been in 12522* best over all size balcony and location.

Largest balcony of all the SD class suites.

Detraction the activities on the balconies can be seen from deck 13.

Deck furniture 3 lounges - 1 chair and a small table

Location just off the elevator foyer for rapid access anywhere on the ship.

Stairs - one deck up to see what is going on the other side (starboard) of the ship.

From closet foyer to the bath CAUTION remember to step up 3 inches.

Bath has double sinks shower and separate bathtub large mirrors and magnifying mirror.

Closets in the foyer that illuminate when doors are opened - one side has drawers for loose items.

Safe is located in the foyer.

Long desk with coffee maker phone and plenty of 110 & 220 v outlets - drawers underneath and mini-fridge.

Large wide screen TV some outlets behind it for other use.

Large King size bed - convertible couch for two small persons - and 1 Murphy bed that folds out of the wall

the table service for -4- must be moved. If the convertible couch and MB are both in use the assorted extra

chairs and table pose a space problem.

The best price suite on the DAWN is the SJ Family without balcony

The next best thing is this SD for its overall features IMHO.

* Mirror image cabin starboard side 12022

The elevator traffic is not a concern - you are just around the corner and will not have a problem.

Have stayed in 12030* (Mirror 12530) and the odd wedge shaped balcony is not desirable - no Murphy bed

uncomfortable convertible couch. Best suited for a couple - Forget it unless a last last resort.

Cabins 12032* (Mirror 12532) are handicap cabins with Spartan bath facilities.

This LINK best illustrates this cabin:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/stateroom-details.php?ship=Norwegian-Dawn&cabin=12522

Thank you all for your replying to my request!! Any information helps. Looks like we have the 110 sq ft balcony. 409 sq ft room. Hoping the wind isn't a bummer when under sail. Great point made on no cover in the event of rain. Boston to Bermuda in July - I assume anything is possible....

Thanks again all for your thoughts. (now just got offer for OS with 2 balcony upgrade) oh the torture!!!