Request a Quote - yet nothing...

goodvig

Hi All,

We are new "empty nesters" that are looking for a new cruise experience from our past family cruises and have reached out to Silversea for a cruise quote for 2019...I have always booked direct with our cruise lines as I like to book airfare ourselves and have found past travel agents a bit unreliable...so here we are with my first experience with Silversea and I reached out via the website "Request A Quote".... and here I sit - waiting for a reply...a week after submitting my request...it doesn't give me confidence that I want to spend thousands of dollars with this company yet they can't return an email???

So my question is...is this Normal??? Any input is appreciated...I really want to like this cruise line but I'm very confused...

Thanks so much!

Hi All,

We are new "empty nesters" that are looking for a new cruise experience from our past family cruises and have reached out to Silversea for a cruise quote for 2019...I have always booked direct with our cruise lines as I like to book airfare ourselves and have found past travel agents a bit unreliable...so here we are with my first experience with Silversea and I reached out via the website "Request A Quote".... and here I sit - waiting for a reply...a week after submitting my request...it doesn't give me confidence that I want to spend thousands of dollars with this company yet they can't return an email???

So my question is...is this Normal??? Any input is appreciated...I really want to like this cruise line but I'm very confused...

Thanks so much!

Give them a call in the morning and will bet you get a quote with in five minutes. The Web also provides current prices. If that doesn't work I can provide one of Silversea private travel agents to call.

This is a sad (and unrepresentative) introduction to Silversea.

I have had very good luck dealing with Silversea agents (and have also had some unfortunate experiences with TAs over the years). I am very surprised that you did not have a response to your online request. I wonder if (in order not to offend the TA community) Silversea randomly distributes those online requests to TAs. (I know one luxury line -- I can't remember which -- used to do that, and may still.) If that is the case, it may be that the TA who received your request was not in the office, is out of business, is indifferent, etc.

You might try 800 682 8517. I think that's the corporate reservations line.

Have you checked your spam folder? (And you’d be amazed how many people mess up their own email addresses when filling out an online form, so they may have replied but you didn’t get the response). I’ve had good luck just phoning them. Usually a pretty instantaneous response.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The trick is to find a TA who is knowledgeable about luxury cruise lines, not just any TA. That way you;; not on;y get information, you'll get experience, amenities and assistance should something go wrong.

Quotes are usually really fast. Most of the times within less than an hour.

That has been our experience. I would suspect some kind of technical hiccup happened so I’d either call or try to get a quote again. As I often reminded my staff just because they emailed something it doesn’t mean it was received.

We booked a cruise directly with Silversea. The agent we originally worked with is no longer there. Silversea assigned our booking to a different agent. She is very difficult to work with. We wanted to upgrade our air to first class. I sent 4 emails with no response. Finally I called and tried to speak with someone else. They said our agent would have to take care of it. She eventually called and said she would make the change. Then we spent weeks requesting a booking confirmation number. I called again and find out she never changed our air to first class. Beyond frustrating. I would never book directly with them again.

Interesting. In Europe you have always the same agent. All booking procedures are done by the phone. I have a booking and I have never had any problem. They usually contact me everytime I have a question about the incoming booking. Other thing is the special queries.

All by the booking never meet the expectations everytime you have a particular problem. For instance in boarding or disembarkation.

We booked a cruise directly with Silversea. The agent we originally worked with is no longer there. Silversea assigned our booking to a different agent. She is very difficult to work with. We wanted to upgrade our air to first class. I sent 4 emails with no response. Finally I called and tried to speak with someone else. They said our agent would have to take care of it. She eventually called and said she would make the change. Then we spent weeks requesting a booking confirmation number. I called again and find out she never changed our air to first class. Beyond frustrating. I would never book directly with them again.

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk