Norwegian Dawn Boston to Bermuda without passport

Carron79

Hi guys

I'm from UK and living in USA on a work Visa. I dont want to take my passport as I will have a pending green card application so dont want to jeapordise the process. I would prefer to only use my USA drivers license. Is this sufficient? If you do use your passport is the document scanned in Bermuda or USA?

Hi guys

I'm from UK and living in USA on a work Visa. I dont want to take my passport as I will have a pending green card application so dont want to jeapordise the process. I would prefer to only use my USA drivers license. Is this sufficient? If you do use your passport is the document scanned in Bermuda or USA?

Scanned first in USA.

The cruise line requirement for non-US citizens is shown below. The scanning of passport is not as important than the fact that upon return to Boston, you must go through US Customs and Immigration to re-enter the US. They will determine if your documentation is sufficient.

ALL GUESTS MUST CARRY A VALID PASSPORT.

All Non-U.S. Citizen Guests Must Carry A Valid Passport, (Not Expiring within (6) Months of Return Of Your Cruise). In addition, a tourist visa may be required for entry into certain countries/ports of call. To confirm the specific documents required, please be sure to check with the proper authorities (such as your local immigration office) for each port that you are entering. You can also contact VisaCentral to answer your questions.

U.S. Alien Resident Card (ARC) Holders

U.S. Alien Residents holding an Alien Resident Card (ARC), also known as a "Green Card" must be in possession of the ARC in order to sail. U.S. Alien Residents who do not have their ARC with them at check in will be denied boarding. It is recommended that these guests also carry their passports from their country of citizenship if available. In some instances, ARC holders may still be required to have travel permits and/or visas to enter countries Norwegian Cruise Line visits in these destinations.

Hi guys

The ability to use a driver's license for a cruise also requires proof of citizenship, typically a US birth certificate. The license proves identity, the birth certificate proves citizenship. In your case, since you don't have a green card yet, you will have to use the passport.

Hi guys

You don't have a choice but to use your passport.