Recent Dawn cruisers out of Boston...

mom2t&j

What is the status of the open air lot by the front of the ship? On the port website, it only provides info for the satellite parking with the shuttle back to the ship this year.

We parked in the open air lot last year so I’m wondering if it is still available?

If you parked in the open air lot this year, what time did you arrive and how much did it cost?

Thank you!

Yes, the "bow lot" (my personal favorite) is available.. I highly recommend it!! It is located at EDIC Pier (Google Maps). When driving .... continue all the way down Drydock Ave and it will loop around to the right and turn into Black Falcon Ave. Stay in line of cars and after the taxi line, pull left to unload luggage to porters who put on dolly (and tip). Then continue driving approx 0.12 miles and lot is on left. Pay, Park and walk the 3 minutes back to pier. Since you already dropped off your luggage, stay along the right (away from people getting off buses, being dropped off) and head to escalator that says "this way to ship". You do NOT have to stay in the huge middle line as those are the people dropping off luggage.... just walk around them.

It is $20 / day. As a reminder, the spots open as passengers from the previous cruise leave... we normally arrive around 10am and have no issues

Yes, the "bow lot" (my personal favorite) is available.. I highly recommend it!! It is located at EDIC Pier (Google Maps). When driving .... continue all the way down Drydock Ave and it will loop around to the right and turn into Black Falcon Ave. Stay in line of cars and after the taxi line, pull left to unload luggage to porters who put on dolly (and tip). Then continue driving approx 0.12 miles and lot is on left. Pay, Park and walk the 3 minutes back to pier. Since you already dropped off your luggage, stay along the right (away from people getting off buses, being dropped off) and head to escalator that says "this way to ship". You do NOT have to stay in the huge middle line as those are the people dropping off luggage.... just walk around them.

It is $20 / day. As a reminder, the spots open as passengers from the previous cruise leave... we normally arrive around 10am and have no issues

Thank you!

It is our favorite too. There or the garage. We got there at 8:45 on May 4th and drove right in.

Signs everywhere. I’ve been watching the ship’s bow cam and this lot hasn’t been filling up. Even when they leave there’s still spots open. That might change.

When we returned to Boston we were some of the first passengers off and the lot still had many openings.

The satellite lot and shuttle sounds horrible. You probably have to sit there until the bus fills up.

It is our favorite too. There or the garage. We got there at 8:45 on May 4th and drove right in.

Signs everywhere. I’ve been watching the ship’s bow cam and this lot hasn’t been filling up. Even when they leave there’s still spots open. That might change.

When we returned to Boston we were some of the first passengers off and the lot still had many openings.

The satellite lot and shuttle sounds horrible. You probably have to sit there until the bus fills up.

Great information, thank you! How do I find the ship's bow cam online? Would love to be able to check that before we leave. :)

• 2 months later...