Anyone been on the Star since the dry dock?

nmsk5

It’s still out on it’s 1st cruise, I’ve seen pics but no real comments as yet.

I just got home from the first cruise post dry dock. What would you like to know? Their are several fb pages you can join to see pictures of the updates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How busy and noisy was the Spice h2o area? I’m sailing in 4 weeks time, the cruise seems pretty full, nothing above balcony cabins available. The pictures I’ve seen of your 24 May cruise look very quiet, although they could have been taken on a port day/ early mornings etc.

If you used the spa - how comfy are those new tiled loungers? They look very oddly shaped, as if you can’t lay there and look out of the windows.

Thanks.

How busy and noisy was the Spice h2o area? I’m sailing in 4 weeks time, the cruise seems pretty full, nothing above balcony cabins available. The pictures I’ve seen of your 24 May cruise look very quiet, although they could have been taken on a port day/ early mornings etc.

If you used the spa - how comfy are those new tiled loungers? They look very oddly shaped, as if you can’t lay there and look out of the windows.

Thanks.

Spice h2o area was still being completed I never saw it opened up. Looked nice from what I could see though. Never went into the spa. Our cruise was actually completely full. On sea days the pool deck was a mad house. Get up early to find a place to enjoy the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got home from the first cruise post dry dock. What would you like to know? Their are several fb pages you can join to see pictures of the updates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please share the name of the fb pages so I can see the updates. Sailing in October and the pre-dry dock reviews had me questioning if I made the right choice since I've only been on one prior cruise on Royal Caribbean and they were awesome. I picked the Star for the ports. Thanks in advanced.

Now I also have seen some of the pictures in the FB group.

I really like they removed the aft pool for kids and redesigned it to the Spice H2O area.

Seems it is directly connected with the Market Café and Spice H2O also has some outdoor seats - so it seems you finally can eat and sit outside! :)

Further the ship now looks much more mature and decent and not as fancy and glitzy as before where it seemed to be designed by unmature kids and teenagers...

However does anyone know what the High End Bar or how it is called now serves? It was the Bier Garten before.

Does it still serve food, or just drinks now?

The refit photos look amazing, actually way more excited to sail in October on the Star now! Search FB for NCL - Norwegian Dawn Sun Sky Star Spirit, you’ll see the photos in the group, she looks great!

Great news! still having trouble finding page with refit photos on facebook. . .

Hi,

I have two questions regarding the refurb. Are there also some loungers in the H2O or only chairs?

And since they have removed the slides, is one of the pools adult only now?

regards

Mafe

Hi guys - just got off the Star this past Sunday. I was aboard her a year ago and all I can say is.......WOW. What a difference. She's still one of the older ships in the fleet, but they did a marvelous job renovating her public spaces. She almost feels new again. Last year, I noted how tired and dysfunctional some of her spaces were (strange lounges with cheap furniture/fixtures), but she's certainly been beautified. For those interested in Spice, I will caution that it's a very different space than what you'd find on the Away-class vessels.....not so much a nighttime party spot as a quiet outdoor space to grab a drink and eat. They didn't host any of the evening activities there. Overall, I think most would agree that she feels like a different ship.

We were on the June 3-10 sailing as well. Ship looked very nice, but it’s been 14 years since we were on it and there’s not much left that’s the same. We’ve been cruising the larger NCL ships lately, and Star has that kind of feel.

I will say I hope the “new” crew gets its sea legs soon - there were a number of drastic misfires in service.

Spa reception area has been revamped. Heated lounge chairs have been added. Hot tubs, and thermal pool the same as is the change room area, showers and sauna.

The Spice H20 is a great place to sit for breakfast when the Garden Cafe is crowded. Just load up your plate and continue walking to back of the ship past the new bar area. Two hot tubs in the Spice H20 which are surprisingly uncrowded during sailaways and evenings. A guitar singer in afternoon. No evening events there on our sailing June 3-10th. The Bliss lounge is still the place to be at night. The Atrium had singers in the evening. Crew was amazing. Ginza Restaurant gets very busy and has good food. Versailles Dining Room and O-Sheehan's both offer breakfast. Hot White Party was held on the pool deck.

Just off the star too. We had an aft penthouse. New carpet, appeared to be new furniture, and definitely new light fixtures. We had two light fixtures that were broken, and they came to fix them within 1/2 an hour and said they were new from the dry dock. We did have a major problem with our balcony door, which they also blamed on the dry dock changes. It would slam shut spontaneously and lock on its own when we were out on the balcony. Got locked out there twice. Very embarrassing to have to yell for neighbors for help late at night and very early in the morning when this happened. Other than that, the dry dock upgrades on board looked nice. I found customer service (except for butler) to be exceptional.